"Take Flight for Operation Hailstone" mission?

desmo_2

I see it described in the news feed, with active dates being Feb 8-Feb 29.  I have completed a game using a US aircraft carrier.

But, I see no mission under the Missions tab nor do I see any progress tracking.

🤔

• Like 1

Same.  I wonder if it is only for a subset of US CVs (i.e. Early Access CVs.)

4 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Same.  I wonder if it is only for a subset of US CVs (i.e. Early Access CVs.)

I used Independence in Co-op.

5 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I used Independence in Co-op.

Okay that blows my theory.  

FWIW I had it showing and working properly (on the EU server) last night, and a Coop game played with Hornet - that's the Doolittle ship, right? - registered as completing the first mission.

There isn't a 'participate' button to push in some article or other is there? WG sometimes do that with more 'contentious' missions e.g. anything to do with CVs/submarines, or weebery...?

22 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

It says you have to play a repeatable combat mission with a US carrier.

I can't remember if I even read the original article; I was just looking at the mission in-game (twice actually, after not reading it properly and then wondering why a battle in Indomitable didn't tick the box...! I put it down to old age.)...

23 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I can't remember if I even read the original article; I was just looking at the mission in-game (twice actually, after not reading it properly and then wondering why a battle in Indomitable didn't tick the box...! I put it down to old age.)...

I still can't figure out what "repeatable combat mission" I'm supposed to repeat. I've also been playing my Midway all morning and have yet to see the "separate tab" that they mention. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place?

18 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I still can't figure out what "repeatable combat mission" I'm supposed to repeat. I've also been playing my Midway all morning and have yet to see the "separate tab" that they mention. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place?

The article seems to indicate the only requirement is to play a US carrier.

I finished that with Hornet in Coop because the 'Carpet Bombers' give you 8 to 9 hits on large targets (BB and CV) in one go. Start with AP bombers until the Carpet Bombers are loaded.

I am a CV noob by the way (got Hornet from a crate) but yet it worked out 😉

Very time saving ...

This was posted in discord by other player:

other.thumb.jpg.11c53dac84740e155c0ceea79497495c.jpg

I don't have this mission, created a ticket..

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, o4x4 said:

This was posted in discord by other player:

other.thumb.jpg.11c53dac84740e155c0ceea79497495c.jpg

I don't have this mission, created a ticket..

Neither do I. I'm going to try a file repair install to see if that might change things.

1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

The article seems to indicate the only requirement is to play a US carrier.

No in random and ranked you can use any nation. I have done 2 of the 10 on EU server without playing US CVs. And you do not need I think to take all in one battle, though I have done so myself in those 2 succesful attempts. It is alternative ways to fix the missions, but you can only do US Cvs if you play coop f.e.

Edit: Just opened the game. You can indeed fix the 10 over several battles, my last game before afterwork was ended after I left.

image.thumb.png.bfdf4baa670ce387022c03bb1853a7a3.png

Edited by Gnirf

A repair install didn't bring the mission up. Maybe it's not on the NA server yet.

9 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Maybe it's not on the NA server yet.

Wouldn't that be a little odd, if so? Server difference hadn't occurred to me; I was playing on EU. I'll try and remember to check my NA account when I get home from work this evening...

It's a pity you can't do the 'bomb hits' version of the mission with RN CVs - that would be distinctly painless. Oh well, it's an entertaining excuse to give Hornet's Mitchells a run-out.

Just played Hornet in co op, no missions.  I don't get the NA server timing, it should have been live about 36 hours ago (Feb 8th, 0100 my time, according to the news article).

2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I think the mission, that is supposed to pop up for you, is the repeatable part (x10 times).  I also don't see any qualifiers to make the mission to pop up, like it was just supposed to be there (at Feb 8, 0100 is when it should have shown up).  Clear as mud indeed.

I just went on the WOWS Discord for the NA server. People there aren't getting the mission either.

8 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I just went on the WOWS Discord for the NA server. People there aren't getting the mission either.

looking forward to my 1 day of premium time compensation.  lol.

• Haha 1

okay the mission just showed up.

image.png.bfa71b17ae7f0d14a49b3137e2753ce7.png

Edited by HamptonRoads
  • Like 1

Ditto on the missions. Glad to see it the issue was quickly looked into. Thanks to y'all who submitted tickets and posted on Discord.

• Like 1

Well, that explains why there were almost no missions at all earlier this weekend...

I was wondering when a community tokens mission would pop up again.