Did I just get lucky?

goofler

Logged on to see this event random bundle, and it looks like my first bundle is the ship.

image.thumb.png.e52ba8ac2ad74dde26857921e97282a9.png

Did I just get lucky, or does everyone get the ship as their first random bundle? I don't really understand how random bundles work.

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, goofler said:

Logged on to see this event random bundle, and it looks like my first bundle is the ship.

Did I just get lucky, or does everyone get the ship as their first random bundle? I don't really understand how random bundles work.

You got very lucky. 

Everyone would get all the stuff if they spent their way to the bottom of the pile (NOT ADVISABLE), but the order in which all the things are is different for everyone. Even for those who got the ship, all the other items would probably be in a different order.

A Tier 9 premium is a gimme at that price if she's up front. If she's not, don't go digging for her. Unless you're a monetized streamer whose audience is paying for you to have all these goodies, it'll be more expensive than it's worth. 

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

Amazing. A few years playing and its never happened to me! 

It happened for me once... for the Gorizia, lol.

6 hours ago, goofler said:

👍

You just landed the 1 in 54 score for this event.

I have had this happen once in such bundles and had Halford pop up on the first bundle.

Celebrate your fortune!

6 hours ago, goofler said:

Most people don't get this result.

Luck? Not sure...

...but it's not common.

4 hours ago, mashed68 said:

Amazing. A few years playing and its never happened to me! 

eventually it will happen, for years i never got the ship first and then on the pride of italy event

shot-23_09.15_22_20.45-0563.thumb.jpg.30a00c8417c91443da149b038dda5d9d.jpg

That is pretty lucky! I had it happen to me once, but cant remember which ship it was, so probably wasn't a good one that time.

Is this the Cruiser with the "Dead Eye" spotter plane?

Congrats, I did that when Rhode Island came out. First time ever... probably the last!

1 hour ago, Efros said:

probably the last!

Don't be certain about this. I got the Hampshire, Weimar (each as first item on a sequential bundle list) and in a certain manner, also the Almirante Grau (as fourth drop out of 4 free crates) in this way...

Regards, Nightowl

11 minutes ago, Northern Nightowl said:

Don't be certain about this. I got the Hampshire, Weimar (each as first item on a sequential bundle list) and in a certain manner, also the Almirante Grau (as fourth drop out of 4 free crates) in this way...

Regards, Nightowl

Proof that it may not be luck that is at play...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Proof that it may not be luck that is at play...

Why? I do not think that I did anything to get any kind of positive bias for me...

Regards, Nightowl

Just now, Northern Nightowl said:

Why? I do not think that I did anything to get any kind of positive bias for me...

Regards, Nightowl

I'm naturally distrustful of gaming companies that aren't regulated and checked as to the veracity of their 'random' claims.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Northern Nightowl said:

Regards, Nightowl

I'd be buying some lottery tickets!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

the 1 in 54 score

Hmm, that means just under a 2% chance - that means quite a few players will receive a free T9 ship. I cannot recall how I got them but I've received free a Lenin & a Marco Polo in the last few years & before that a Massachusetts B (plus others I'm sure - these three come to mind). I doubt I've gotten any free ship from one of these newer 'Event' bundle offerings.

1 minute ago, Aethervox said:

Hmm, that means just under a 2% chance - that means quite a few players will receive a free T9 ship. I cannot recall how I got them but I've received free a Lenin & a Marco Polo in the last few years & before that a Massachusetts B (plus others I'm sure - these three come to mind). I doubt I've gotten any free ship from one of these newer 'Event' bundle offerings.

This is assuming that the order of rewards is randomly assigned to each potential stage with equivalent probabilities. Do we know that is the case?

5 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

This is assuming that the order of rewards is randomly assigned to each potential stage with equivalent probabilities. Do we know that is the case?

Someone mentioned a free ship chance is 1 in 54, hence if true is just under a 2% chance. A 1 in 54 chance means that there will be quite a few players who will receive a free ship. The OP mentioned the ship dropped on the first draw in the event so, perhaps, the % chance changes with each draw? I don't know whether there is the same probability for each subsequent draw in the event. I would suspect a free ship drop is rare to begin with & probably gets rarer as the event progresses, otherwise, there's be quite a few free ships showing up. Isn't WG heading towards a lessening of valuable &/or high tier freebies just to keep the player base spending money?

2 hours ago, Aethervox said:

Someone mentioned a free ship chance is 1 in 54, hence if true is just under a 2% chance. A 1 in 54 chance means that there will be quite a few players who will receive a free ship. The OP mentioned the ship dropped on the first draw in the event so, perhaps, the % chance changes with each draw? I don't know whether there is the same probability for each subsequent draw in the event. I would suspect a free ship drop is rare to begin with & probably gets rarer as the event progresses, otherwise, there's be quite a few free ships showing up. Isn't WG heading towards a lessening of valuable &/or high tier freebies just to keep the player base spending money?

I don't mean to be a stickler for the details, but you do still have to pay 1,000 doubloons even for the first draw.  Each draw goes up in price thereafter.

Very good! I have had the event ship "in the front door" twice, which is a very nice thing. 

• Like 1