My boi Mainz doesn't get luv.

Andrewbassg

No lube for you... you must deal with dildos dry 😛

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Not rudder. He should use the paddle to smack the submarine hard ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

No lube for you... you must deal with dildos dry 😛

Don't threaten him with a good time. 🤪

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Don't threaten him with a good time. 🤪

PFFFT!

4 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

No ASW planes  Smile_sad.gif.bf59de37d8c35fdc9c5c93e225

Honestly, its Massachusetts logic all over again with Mainz. She should've gotten ASW planes with this patch, no question about it. Weimar has ASW planes, so there is no reason Mainz should've have them too after the changes to the german cruiser line.

Edited by MBT808
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BlueMax1916 said:

Not rudder. He should use the paddle to smack the submarine hard ..

What suckmarine....i have yet to meet one.... 53EB5C0D-3B99-4A7E-8E10-0AD06C0F515D.gif

since the update ofc..

Edited by Andrewbassg

1 hour ago, MBT808 said:

Weimar has ASW planes, so there is no reason Mainz should've have them too after the changes to the german cruiser line.

Of course there is. Weimar is much better 😄 

16 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

Of course there is. Weimar is much better 😄 

Weimar is better than Mainz? How so?

As far as I've seen, Weimar is a ops only ship. Outside of that, I can't say I've seen anything positive or any reason you would play her over Munchen(a bit of a higher skill floor though than Weimar, but once mastered she's extremely solid) or Mainz. If we were to compare to Mainz with Weimar, Mainz out performs her in terms of server statistics and stat wise. Mainz is arguably one of the best premium CLs at the current moment in the entire game.

Edited by MBT808
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MBT808 said:

Honestly, its Massachusetts logic all over again with Mainz. She should've gotten ASW planes with this patch, no question about it. Weimar has ASW planes, so there is no reason Mainz should've have them too after the changes to the german cruiser line.

All the ships that gained ASW airstrikes with this patch are tech tree ships. Mainz is a premium that was released prior to the fallout from the attempt to balance GC, so she is on the “protected” list alongside other older premiums. WG not buffing her with ASW airstrikes is in line with their generally very conservative policy towards buffing such ships.

What is really unusual is that tier V Montecuccoli did not receive airstrike ASW along with the rest of the line, especially considering that both Konigsberg and Nurnberg did, indicating it was a targeted choice and not a decision to only buff CAs and not CLs.

Hopefully we’ll eventually get to the point where all cruisers are given airstrike ASW in some form.

• Bored 1

5 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

All the ships that gained ASW airstrikes with this patch are tech tree ships. Mainz is a premium that was released prior to the fallout from the attempt to balance GC, so she is on the “protected” list alongside other older premiums. WG not buffing her with ASW airstrikes is in line with their generally very conservative policy towards buffing such ships.

What is really unusual is that tier V Montecuccoli did not receive airstrike ASW along with the rest of the line, especially considering that both Konigsberg and Nurnberg did, indicating it was a targeted choice and not a decision to only buff CAs and not CLs.

Hopefully we’ll eventually get to the point where all cruisers are given airstrike ASW in some form.

Prinz Eugen and schroder got ASW planes in addition to the german cruiser line this patch, so Mainz could've gotten it. So the protected argument is irrelevant in this case.

Edited by MBT808
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, MBT808 said:

Prinz Eugen and schroder got ASW planes in addition to the german cruiser line this patch, so Mainz could've gotten it. So the protected argument is irrelevant in this case.

Fair point with Prinz Eugen (forgot about her) but Schroder is not on the “protected” list, being a much more recent premium.

The crux of my argument is still very much relevant, however: WG is very conservative when it comes to buffing older premium ships that they cannot easily nerf without making waves with the community. They have demonstrated a willingness to do so (especially lately), but those changes are typically applied after a long time has passed and a lot of data has been collected and community sentiment has been expressed (case in point: California). They won’t buff these ships unless they are confident there isn’t a serious risk of making the ship too strong.

So why did Prinz Eugen get a buff while Mainz and Munchen did not, as all of three of them are in same boat (no pun intended)? I don’t have access to WG’s data, but my guess is that Prinz Eugen was deemed a poor enough performer that the risks of improving her performance past an acceptable level was deemed minimal. A heal at tier VIII isn’t as big of a deal as it once was (there are quite a few tech tree cruiser lines that have the consumable at tier VIII), and while I still like Prinz Eugen she has felt pretty lackluster for a while, especially considering that Hipper has received multiple reload buffs since the two ships diverged in a meaningful way years ago. She doesn’t measure up quite as well against the tier VIII cruiser field as a whole as she used to.

Regarding Mainz:

38 minutes ago, MBT808 said:

Mainz is arguably one of the best premium CLs at the current moment in the entire game.

^as you yourself acknowledge she is a very solid tier VIII premium. It shouldn’t surprise anyone that WG is reluctant to buff her to avoid the headache with the community if they felt they needed to nerf her down the line. They haven’t yet reached the point where they consider the risk of the PR hit to be worth it (although I would argue things are moving in that direction).

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

Well said.

7 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Time to visit ....
spacer.png  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It doesnt make sense either for Nevsky and Minotaur to also not have ASW strikes, since Nevsky has the maneuverability of a brick and Brisbane gets an ASW strike. I'd also argue for Jinan and Austin to get one as well since Colbert and San Diego both have it.  

3 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

^as you yourself acknowledge she is a very solid tier VIII premium. It shouldn’t surprise anyone that WG is reluctant to buff her.

Again, its a Massachusetts situation.

Massachusetts should have had her ASW normalized with other BBs, especially when BBs far more broken and OP than her are getting buffed. Mainz is the same situation, gimping her ASW doesn't impact her performance against surface ships. Mainz and Munchen should have the ASW planes to combat subs, giving them depth charges is a pointless nerf just like 5km ASW is on Massachusetts.

3 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

So why did Prinz Eugen get a buff while Mainz and Munchen did not, as all of them are in same boat (no pun intended)?

As far as WG reluctance goes, its very hard to say. Eugen is a difficult ship to discuss because she does perform well in Ranked(top pick for cruisers along side Atago and Cataluna) but under performs elsewhere. WG could argue that Mainz didn't need the ASW planes, but its a weak argument at absolute best. Against subs, Mainz and Munchen are under performing just like all the other ships that did receive ASW planes.

However, I'd also argue that the recent sub buffs have made things even worse. any ship with Depth charges are effectively worthless compared to ASW planes. DDs can't really use them effectively and they're not getting any help at all from WG. DDs should've got the sub surveillance. Did they? nope! Cause back line cruisers needed it clearly, not the class intended to counter subs.

16 hours ago, MBT808 said:

Weimar is better than Mainz? How so?

As far as I've seen, Weimar is a ops only ship. Outside of that, I can't say I've seen anything positive or any reason you would play her over Munchen(a bit of a higher skill floor though than Weimar, but once mastered she's extremely solid) or Mainz. If we were to compare to Mainz with Weimar, Mainz out performs her in terms of server statistics and stat wise. Mainz is arguably one of the best premium CLs at the current moment in the entire game.

lmao I was saying it a bit tongue in cheek. 

I do not like CL's at all. But I got weimar in a crate, so I tried her out when ranked was tier 7. Ship smashed hard, I ended up really enjoying it. I would never take a CL into a random so I don't have any info there. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2024 at 11:27 AM, Andrewbassg said:

Also no games.

Ignored the rental, and saw it expired when I logged in just now.

• Sad 1