NOT the WoWS Hall of Fame 2023

majmac

5 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Bro, what that has to do with players having panic attacks when facing a Sub in battle?

Nothing. That's the other folks you are arguing with.

My point is that the 'top scorers' were subs...only because WG gives subs preferential XP gain to incentivize people to play the class. The whole publication of 'top scorers' by WG staff is meaningless because they are weighting the scales unequally behind the scenes.

Now, you can continue to stir the 'blame the players' pot, and I will laugh because the group responsible for EVERYTHING in game...is WG staff. If the players are misbehaving, WG staff can do something about that. If the game is making players unhappy...WG staff can do something about that.

This whole 'blame the players' mindset actively prevents acknowledgement and addressing of issues with the game and prevents improvements...which is, of course, the goal of WG staff...as improvements mean work and cost money.

So, yeah...all that to say that anyone 'blaming the players' gets basically ignored by me as someone who doesn't understand the reality of the game.

1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

My point is that the 'top scorers' were subs...only because WG gives subs preferential XP gain to incentivize people to play the class. The whole publication of 'top scorers' by WG staff is meaningless because they are weighting the scales unequally behind the scenes.

Oh sure, there's no mystery there... Buff Sub XP earnings, Subs become top XP earners... Who could have guessed? 

Heck, my own XP record is on a Sub! 

4 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Now, you can continue to stir the 'blame the players' pot, and I will laugh because the group responsible for EVERYTHING in game...is WG staff. If the players are misbehaving, WG staff can do something about that. If the game is making players unhappy...WG staff can do something about that.

Look, it isn't like my goal here is to "blame the players" for everything, but pinning it all on WG is like saying I (as an individual player) have no agency on dealing with Subs, which of course we know it isn't true... 

People act stupid even when they have knowledge on their actions being stupid, that's a verified fact (if you have any doubt check "accidents"). Denying player responsibility over their actions equals denying player agency and free will... Equals considering yourself a mere puppet to the Devs, are you a puppet? 

Players can be puppets but it doesn't mean they need to be puppets or are doomed to be puppets.

24 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Oh sure, there's no mystery there... Buff Sub XP earnings, Subs become top XP earners... Who could have guessed? 

Heck, my own XP record is on a Sub! 

Look, it isn't like my goal here is to "blame the players" for everything, but pinning it all on WG is like saying I (as an individual player) have no agency on dealing with Subs, which of course we know it isn't true... 

People act stupid even when they have knowledge on their actions being stupid, that's a verified fact (if you have any doubt check "accidents"). Denying player responsibility over their actions equals denying player agency and free will... Equals considering yourself a mere puppet to the Devs, are you a puppet? 

Players can be puppets but it doesn't mean they need to be puppets or are doomed to be puppets.

👍

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Players definitely have agency...but WG staff can do things about that agency.

WG staff are responsible for giving us tools for dealing with subs. It is up to the players to use those tools...

...but the ultimate responsibility for how the game is going is NOT the players.

If WG is unhappy with things the players are doing, they can do something about it.

If players are unhappy, their choice is to stop playing or complain.

See who has the bigger power?

It's nearly pointless to complain about players complaining. Just tell WG staff to deal with the issue...that is, after all, their job.

• Like 1