[From Reddit - apparently via WG Twitter] WoWs v13.1 "Battle Pass rewards"...

Leo_Apollo11

56 minutes ago, Kruzenstern said:

What irrritates me most about their 'new' battle pass system is that now I have to play every day to be able to get reasonable rewards, because the big points are in the daily rewards. Previously, I could do long sessions on just 2 or three days per week to get reasonable rewards, because the big points were in the weekly rewards. I guess they do that to boost their daily player numbers, but I vastly preferred longer sessions on fewer days. Playing a little every day, I feel myself burning out that much faster. Certainly not more likely to buy premium BP. Regardless of whether the rewards are dung or not.

Yeah, don't burn out.

There is nothing that WG could offer that is worth tilting yourself to get.

• Like 3

I see WG continue their path in making Battlepass less and less enticing and also making the free line WAAAY better then the payed one.

Idk why they bother to continue with BP, the first was the only "good one", its been a steep fall since then.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mashed68 said:

A tech tree ship as a reward is a bit ridiculous. 

Especially when it's not even an Early Access ship but rather two that have been in the game for years.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The manner is very relevant.

For example, there's a difference between "Excuse me, please, but I think I might have received the wrong burger" and screaming sexually-charged obscenities at a scared fifteen-year-old girl while flinging said burger in her face. I've been witness to both approaches. The latter results in a complete absence of sympathy for the complainant and usually results in their removal from the store without restitution of their complaint.

You want to spew vitriol? Go ahead. The people managing communications will probably bin it before it even gets to the devs and your effort will have been for nothing.

I guess I need to work on developing thinner skin.  I didn't see any vitriol in this thread (except for that guy that got the wrong burger 😉).

Personally, I'm ok with the upcoming BP.  I don't generally buy them and the upcoming BP just makes it easy to pass this one up without any regrets.  I like it when they make my decision easy.

Earning the BP points has never been easier or better than it is right now. 1 or 2 random battles, 2 or 3 operations and 4 to 6 co-op games = 2000 base xp. Those 23 points is the bulk of the available points on offer daily.

Why bother playing more than that? Apart from grinding directives.

Certainly NOT for the new BP "prizes", that's for sure. So much MEH.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kruzenstern said:

What irrritates me most about their 'new' battle pass system is that now I have to play every day to be able to get reasonable rewards, because the big points are in the daily rewards. Previously, I could do long sessions on just 2 or three days per week to get reasonable rewards, because the big points were in the weekly rewards. I guess they do that to boost their daily player numbers, but I vastly preferred longer sessions on fewer days. Playing a little every day, I feel myself burning out that much faster. Certainly not more likely to buy premium BP. Regardless of whether the rewards are dung or not.

Um every day you can get 20 BP points for 1500 base xp. 

The daily mission only gives 5 per day and the weekly give 20 over the 7 days. 

The new BP rewards days versus hours played.

When they rolled out the event pass last December, I realized that I was playing less and getting more rewards in the old system.

To give a better understanding, it took me 2-3 days to finish the weekly missions with an average play session of 4.5 hours. Other than the occasional weekend mission, I played like 12 days total out of the patch. Even the months I did play more than average, the post progression was far superior compared now, as I could log off happy with an extra 1k coal and some eco containers.

Playing 10 days straight to get ONE extra Santa container nearly broke me

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Um every day you can get 20 BP points for 1500 base xp. 

The daily mission only gives 5 per day and the weekly give 20 over the 7 days. 

Which is exactly the point, now you have to play every day to get reasonable rewards. In the old system, you got 80 points from weekly missions and 10 from the dailies, I could usually get by playing 3 days per week, yielding my 110 points per week which was enough to finish the BP and then some. Also could buy a sometimes nice super premium that gave extra missions and haul in a bunch of rare bonus containers at the end, which also are not there anymore.

The old system was also a lot more 'honest' by being linear, whereas the increasingly higher point demands in the new system make it a lot less obvious how much effort is needed. Of course, WG love obfuscating things, so...

Edited by Kruzenstern
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No issues here for me at least, but the whole process of incentivizing gameplay is somewhat broken.

Imho, that is.

It resembles polishing a turd.

Oh we ll polish till end of days, instead of replacing aforementioned turd, with something worth polishing.

Its the flip side of devs ways of selling this game and the time we allocate to it(no money changed hands yet, at least in my case) by ignoring its obvious treats that still make it kind of a kewl game, and pushing one short term stupid goal after another. No harm done, no hard feelings but their loss in the end.

Keep on truckin’ ladies and gents🤟

3 hours ago, Kruzenstern said:

Which is exactly the point, now you have to play every day to get reasonable rewards. In the old system, you got 80 points from weekly missions and 10 from the dailies, I could usually get by playing 3 days per week, yielding my 110 points per week which was enough to finish the BP and then some. Also could buy a sometimes nice super premium that gave extra missions and haul in a bunch of rare bonus containers at the end, which also are not there anymore.

The old system was also a lot more 'honest' by being linear, whereas the increasingly higher point demands in the new system make it a lot less obvious how much effort is needed. Of course, WG love obfuscating things, so...

This has been the trend for some time already. I have a highly irregular online time, so I have given up on most of the events. Everything (except Campaigns, but we have not had a new one in ages) has turned into a regular daily grind.

The only remaining non-daily rewards are regular missions (which are tied to events 99% anyway) or Ranked.

6 hours ago, Kruzenstern said:

As someone that is used to daily play, and used to do the whole combat mission chain this has been an improvement by reducing my required time to play. 

With your quoted playstyle you should still get 80 points and some change. A single battle on the other days would put you ahead of your previous weekly amount. 

The hiding things has always been a problem that made the forums so valuable to make sure uou understand what you are getting into. 

1 hour ago, GandalfTehGray said:

With your quoted playstyle you should still get 80 points and some change. A single battle on the other days would put you ahead of your previous weekly amount. 

In the old system, 10 points was one phase though. Throughout the entire BP. Now the final stages are 50 points per level. There were more levels in the old system, but that also meant more rewards. So the old point was a lot more valuable than the new point. Looking at the final stages, 50 points are worth one reward. On the old system, they were worth 5 rewards. For comparable results, I have to play on more days now, albeit a lot less per day and in total. That does benefit players who play daily anyway, like you. But to me, it makes me feel forced to play daily, and that makes me feel like not wanting to play at all more often than not.

Edited by Kruzenstern

I am a routine player who login everyday to grind.

Under the old BP I usually grind 2-3 hours to finish off 300+500+1000+1100+1200+1300bxp everyday, which is more than enough for weekly mission. As far as I recall I usuallly reach the largest possible stage .

Now I usually grind 2 or 3x 2000bxp under the new system, depends if there is other event like dockyard going on or I need some xp to collect daily crate. As I am busy grinding reset bureau on Aki and Kita, I use blue xp ribbon to speed up the grind, I seldom ended up finishing off 37500xp mission early and end up just doing 1x2000bxp.

For this patch I stopped at stage 25.

I am benefited by reducing the workload, however the new system isn't actually too beneficial as if I have some other event to do after getting stage 20, I will get less for the extra effort. 

• Sad 1

Thanks to new battle pass system I play less and thanks to nerfed premium pass I save money. What is not to like there? Win-win!

• Haha 1