[From Reddit - apparently via WG Twitter] WoWs v13.1 "Battle Pass rewards"...

Leo_Apollo11

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

"Stuff for me but not for thee." Like that isn't going to cause trouble. 

I don't follow.  How is it not for thee when there is a choice?  Anyway, suffice to say, this BP is a swing and a miss for me.  Poorly planned, cobbled together stuff that's been around, and act like we are celebrating some new year?  Lol.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Is WG taking the piss? I thought the 13.0 BP was bad but that at least had 'early access' for the Independence and Yorktown plus their economic packages. Also had the Freedom camos for ships people might have wanted to snag them for if they didn't have them already.

This one just feels outright insulting and unless they change it at the last minute I can probably safely skip this one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have noticed the battle pass set up has changed also over time. People were raking in economic boosters and signals. So they went from the three tier system to the two tier system and removed many of the loot crates and boxes. On the plus side I will not be buying this premium battle pass and saving some money. 

Edited by USMC2145

14 hours ago, clammboy said:

I'm in I'm almost always in I have extra doubloons but I understand some people not doing it. For me I try to grab whatever I can afford and I like the battle pass. However it seems like some of the same people poo poo all the events dockyard, battle pass, early release so you got to do your own home work. Because sometimes there right and sometimes there wrong it depends on your needs and means.

Well said.

• Like 1

Don't you guys see? Wargaming is once again reminding players to stop spending money on World of Warships! 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zaydin said:

unless they change it at the last minute I can probably safely skip this one.

Then skip it. 

Do you know how many paid battle passes I skipped because I felt it wasn't worth it? Most of them.

Do you know how many of them I'm going to skip in the future because I don't think they're worth it? Most of them. 

Do you know what I'm not going to do? Complain about it.

• Bored 3

1 minute ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Then skip it. 

Do you know how many paid battle passes I skipped because I felt it wasn't worth it? Most of them.

Do you know how many of them I'm going to skip in the future because I don't think they're worth it? Most of them. 

Do you know what I'm not going to do? Complain about it.

That's your choice.

But complaints COULD serve a useful purpose if analyzed.

After all, knowing why a customer did something negative with respect to your product offering is HIGHLY VALUABLE INFORMATION. It would be a shame for WG to ignore it just because the truth hurt their feelings...

Let people complain. It doesn't hurt you or I at all.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

But complaints COULD serve a useful purpose if analyzed.

I don't know what the devs in Belgrade are like, but I'm pretty sure that the manner in which most people on the old forums were used to complaining to the devs in St Pete's was probably not viewed by them in the best light and that hasn't changed much. 

5 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I don't know what the devs in Belgrade are like, but I'm pretty sure that the manner in which most people on the old forums were used to complaining to the devs in St Pete's was probably not viewed by them in the best light and that hasn't changed much. 

The manner is irrelevant and only matters if the developers are taking personal affront at the complaints rather than actually looking at the data.

I've seen the same emotional response out of WG staff and it only tells me that they don't understand their job and the position of power they have with respect to the players.

The manner of the complaint from someone who has absolutely no power is completely irrelevant. However the data of why that vitriol is being spewed is highly valuable.

Unfortunately, WG staff appear to be ego driven rather than data driven...which means they consistently remain out of touch with their customers and make numerous mistakes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

The manner is irrelevant

The manner is very relevant.

For example, there's a difference between "Excuse me, please, but I think I might have received the wrong burger" and screaming sexually-charged obscenities at a scared fifteen-year-old girl while flinging said burger in her face. I've been witness to both approaches. The latter results in a complete absence of sympathy for the complainant and usually results in their removal from the store without restitution of their complaint.

You want to spew vitriol? Go ahead. The people managing communications will probably bin it before it even gets to the devs and your effort will have been for nothing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I'm pretty sure that the manner in which most people on the old forums were used to complaining to the devs in St Pete's was probably not viewed by them in the best light and that hasn't changed much. 

Who cares how the developers view the complaints, especially when they deserved it? The old forums were there to discuss the game, and not to sugarcoat things or varnish discomforting truths.

Murmansk-gate. Makarov. Puerto Rico. Yukon. CC Exodus. SC nerf.

World of Warships is more than 6 years old, and expecting players to treat the game's developers with kid gloves is the height of idiocy.

• Thanks 4

34 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The manner is very relevant.

For example, there's a difference between "Excuse me, please, but I think I might have received the wrong burger" and screaming sexually-charged obscenities at a scared fifteen-year-old girl while flinging said burger in her face. I've been witness to both approaches. The latter results in a complete absence of sympathy for the complainant and usually results in their removal from the store without restitution of their complaint.

You want to spew vitriol? Go ahead. The people managing communications will probably bin it before it even gets to the devs and your effort will have been for nothing.

Nope.

The fact remains that the burger served was wrong. You don't ignore that fact just because the customer behaved badly.

Will there be consequences for the poor behavior of the customer? Of course there should...

...but this should not mean that the company ignores the failure of their own system to provide the requested burger correctly.

To decide it's ok to get orders wrong because the customers complaining behaved badly is just amazingly poor business strategy.

WG staff seem to be ego driven, rather than data driven.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Nope.

The fact remains that the burger served was wrong. You don't ignore that fact just because the customer behaved badly.

Will there be consequences for the poor behavior of the customer? Of course there should...

...but this should not mean that the company ignores the failure of their own system to provide the requested burger correctly.

To decide it's ok to get orders wrong because the customers complaining behaved badly is just amazingly poor business strategy.

WG staff seem to be ego driven, rather than data driven.

You really went out of your way to miss the point, didn't you?

• Bored 2

14 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

You really went out of your way to miss the point, didn't you?

Nope.

I saw the point...addressed the fact that poor customer behavior should not be ignored...

...but the main point remains, poor customer behavior is not an excuse for ignoring problems with your own product offerings.

Good businessmen do not allow their egos to get in the way of their business.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Good businessmen do not allow their egos to get in the way of their business.

Nothing good in WG doing buissnes. Just open armory and look at the US event for Rhode island, awful. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Nothing good in WG doing buissnes. Just open armory and look at the US event for Rhode island, awful. 

Shrug.

We the customer can give all the advice we want...we can't make WG staff drink it.

Our best feedback actions is, as always, what we choose to purchase.

• Like 3

Seriously, does WG's staff despise its customers? They give a sh#t about what the customers are wishing for, and at the same time they are massively limiting rewards etc. The new BP is a bad joke without steel, RB - points and reduced amount of coal. I did buy all BP so far, but won't do so anymore if there won't be any visible improvement soon. 

• Thanks 1

What irrritates me most about their 'new' battle pass system is that now I have to play every day to be able to get reasonable rewards, because the big points are in the daily rewards. Previously, I could do long sessions on just 2 or three days per week to get reasonable rewards, because the big points were in the weekly rewards. I guess they do that to boost their daily player numbers, but I vastly preferred longer sessions on fewer days. Playing a little every day, I feel myself burning out that much faster. Certainly not more likely to buy premium BP. Regardless of whether the rewards are dung or not.

Edited by Kruzenstern
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kruzenstern said:

Previously, I could do long sessions on just 2 or three days per week to get reasonable rewards,

Previously you had to guarantee wins to get all those rewards. Sucks to be you if you had a long string of losses.

I play half a dozen co-op games every night as part of my slow grind and I'm done. 

Wargaming WoWs is hell-bent on making me not spend any more money on the game, and it's working, lol.  On a positive note, the new daily mission system is allowing me to play only 2 or 3 games a day to collect the three daily containers, so there's that. No more grinding through 1100, 1200, and 1300 base XP missions with a win to complete the daily missions is nice.

16 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Sucks to be you if you had a long string of losses.

Well, as an almost exclusively ops player, there were not strings of losses...

• Like 1

For veterans the BP is a big let down. Maybe for a new player two tech tree PA ships is of value. For me it is up to compensation which I assume will be credits = elite XP.

I will as usual analyse any offer from WG objectively. For me current BP as a ship collector which avoids playoing CV but want them for historic reasons it was at least OK.

Now they are ships that I already have so the chances of the premium route is far lower. But I wait until final release and probably more and more go into buy at the end of update.  The US carrier update I bought when I reached 20 stages.

16 minutes ago, Colonel Potter said:

On a positive note, the new daily mission system is allowing me to play only 2 or 3 games a day to collect the three daily containers, so there's that. No more grinding through 1100, 1200, and 1300 base XP missions with a win to complete the daily missions is nice.

This is the reason why, after a couple of iterations of it, I am overwhelmingly in favour of this new system and not inclined to complain about it at all. For that, I can live with the reduced rewards.

• Like 1