Quiz + Combat Mission

AdmiralThunder

I assume it is ok to post these types of threads like we used to on WOWS NA? If it is preferred we don't, would a Mod please just PM me and let me know and I won't anymore. Thanks.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/history/a-look-through-time-spanish-cruisers/

-OR-

• Game Port
  • News
  • Look Through Time Spanish Cruisers Article

There is a quiz. Correct answers give 1X camo

• A1: Famous Fleet Commander
  • A2: Reina Victoria Eugenia
  • A3: County

There is also an opt in mission where you have the choice of missions (2 total you pick 1). Rewards are 8X green boosts and 2X TYL crates.

😎

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

The missions require Spanish cruisers in order to carry them out (sorry, Alvaro de Bazan junkies). 

Mission 1: "Hot Temper" -

1) Cause 40,000 fire damage (good luck doing that in Canarias, whose main guns are AP only; you're gonna need it), then...

2) Score 10 incapacitations ribbons.

OR 

Mission 2: "Experienced and Cunning."

1) Earn 6200 base XP, then...

2) Spot 52 torpedoes.

Both of these overlap to some degree with this week's Lushun dockyard missions. 

24 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

(good luck doing that in Canarias, whose main guns are AP only; you're gonna need it)

Time for secondary build Canarias to shine! And then explode because it tried to get within 6 km of an enemy ship

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The missions require Spanish cruisers in order to carry them out

Yep. I missed that bit of info before I answered the quiz and signed up for Hot Temper. Not likely to finish the mission.

3 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Time for secondary build Canarias to shine! And then explode because it tried to get within 6 km of an enemy ship

I remember a mission for fire ribbons way back in 2017 and having to get very close with my Leander, because it was the only eligible cruiser (apart from the Emerald, which I'd just finished grinding and was thoroughly sick of at that time) that I possessed.

2 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

Yep. I missed that bit of info before I answered the quiz and signed up for Hot Temper. Not likely to finish the mission.

The 2 tasks (40K fire damage and 10 incapacitations) is easy if you have any of the Spanish Cruisers T5+ from early access. I did both missions in 8 Co-op games combined (6 for the fires and 2 for incapacitations). Obviously if you don't have any Spanish Cruisers you can't but even if you only have T5 from early access it will be a breeze.

For the fire damage get going right off and head straight for the reds. As soon as you are in range work on setting fires on BB's at the back. Most players will concentrate on the closer DD's and Cruisers so if you can get fires to stick on BB's at the back they can burn for a bit. The Spanish Cruisers have short range which hurts a bit but can be done fairly easy.

For the incapacitations do the same exact thing except focus the Destroyers which are the best class to get incapacitations on then shoot at the Cruisers that have torps as those give incapacitations too (try and hit where the torps are located). 

• Like 2

On 8/29/2023 at 4:10 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

For the fire damage get going right off and head straight for the reds. As soon as you are in range work on setting fires on BB's at the back. Most players will concentrate on the closer DD's and Cruisers so if you can get fires to stick on BB's at the back they can burn for a bit. The Spanish Cruisers have short range which hurts a bit but can be done fairly easy.

For the incapacitations do the same exact thing except focus the Destroyers which are the best class to get incapacitations on then shoot at the Cruisers that have torps as those give incapacitations too (try and hit where the torps are located). 

Using your advice, I completed the mission in 6 games (4 for fires and 2 for incapacitations). Thanks. In one game, I got an Izumo all for myself and farmed 30K+ fire damage from it.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 1:31 PM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The missions require Spanish cruisers in order to carry them out (sorry, Alvaro de Bazan junkies). 

Mission 1: "Hot Temper" -

1) Cause 40,000 fire damage (good luck doing that in Canarias, whose main guns are AP only; you're gonna need it), then...

2) Score 10 incapacitations ribbons.

OR 

Mission 2: "Experienced and Cunning."

1) Earn 6200 base XP, then...

2) Spot 52 torpedoes.

Both of these overlap to some degree with this week's Lushun dockyard missions. 

The Asturias earned "street cred" and a good chunk of ShipXP during these missions.
I like how she sails.  🙂

image_2023-09-03_201713304.thumb.png.0beda3709ce917303aa369064b8d5da6.png  image_2023-09-03_202008856.thumb.png.d1ab49e578b24cb7d1f3da57261c8f72.png