Petropavlovsk 3363 Base XP

Frostbow

My initial reaction to Petro's appearance was "Yeah, whatever the ****. I have Moskva already; why should I lift a finger to grind to this?"

Out of curiosity, I tried it in the last PTS. Things came together well for a couple of salvoes and I was left sort of sitting there, picking my jaw up from the floor and looking in amazement upon the ruin I had inflicted. Petro seems to have just that little bit of extra added spice over her stablemate in ballistic terms.

And then, of course, I remembered that all three main turrets are 360 degree rotators...

As for the Unique Upgrade, the downside it comes with doesn't matter so much to a co-op main, who's less likely to use all the consumables anyway but who definitely won't be as invested in the long-term damage-management game.

This video just gives me that extra little bit of added incentive to add her to the slow-grind pile. Checking the figures, I'd say 4000 XP a day should be enough to have her by Christmas, given what I've already got on the Tallinn.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 11:56 PM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

My initial reaction to Petro's appearance was "Yeah, whatever the ****. I have Moskva already; why should I lift a finger to grind to this?"

Out of curiosity, I tried it in the last PTS. Things came together well for a couple of salvoes and I was left sort of sitting there, picking my jaw up from the floor and looking in amazement upon the ruin I had inflicted. Petro seems to have just that little bit of extra added spice over her stablemate in ballistic terms.

And then, of course, I remembered that all three main turrets are 360 degree rotators...

As for the Unique Upgrade, the downside it comes with doesn't matter so much to a co-op main, who's less likely to use all the consumables anyway but who definitely won't be as invested in the long-term damage-management game.

This video just gives me that extra little bit of added incentive to add her to the slow-grind pile. Checking the figures, I'd say 4000 XP a day should be enough to have her by Christmas, given what I've already got on the Tallinn.

Yes, the 360 turrets and the tankiness (very durable when properly angled) make Petro such a joy to play. That small difference between her 12.4km concealment and her 12 km radar can be exploited by enemy DDs, but it can be easily turned to your advantage especially if your captain has Radio Location. 

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

That small difference between her 12.4km concealment and her 12 km radar can be exploited by enemy DDs

My intention is mostly to clap bots with it, so no ****s given. The bots may be brighter these days, but they're still not that bright.

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

especially if your captain has Radio Location. 

He doesn't yet, but by the time he gets up to Tier 10 he sure will have. People can say what they like about radiolocation, but I tried taking it off as some suggested and found this unsatisfying. As someone who mostly plays co-op, only rarely goes to ranked and never to clan battles, the chance of me coming up against someone who knows  how to turn my own RPF against me is substantially reduced.

• Like 1

I don't understand how basexp works. I can kill 6 ships and cap, win the game and still barely make 2k.

Is it the planes?

5 hours ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

I don't understand how basexp works. I can kill 6 ships and cap, win the game and still barely make 2k.

Is it the planes?

Then how the PR missions were designed?

0D35311A-99B5-474C-A05B-6D0A963C0398.gif

Otherwise yes.

On 8/31/2023 at 9:21 PM, Subtle_Octavian said:

Is it the planes?

You get a lot more BXP if you do the majority of the damage to the ships you sink, also if you kill equal or higher tier (so for Petro that means killing superships).

• Like 1

On 9/1/2023 at 7:51 AM, Subtle_Octavian said:

Is it the planes?

Here's the article on how it works, from the Wiki:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Base_Earnings#Earning_Credits_and_Experience

• The greatest base earnings come from damage done to enemy ships.
  • The rewards for damage is determined by the percentage of the target ship's hit points removed, not the amount of raw damage done. Removing 90% of a destroyer's HP will generate the same base earnings as removing 90% of a battleship's HP at the same tier.
  • The rewards from damage scale depending on the tier disparity between ships. More is earned for damaging a higher tiered than a lower tiered ship.

Damage to ships and aircraft, kills, and captures make up about 85% of total earnings.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MichaelJakaSwifty said:

Moskva has a higher DPM than Petro or Stalingrad...

Each of the above are keepers...

I agree. They are all keepers. It is just a matter of 'flavor', and right now for me the flavor of the month is Petro.

• Like 1

Yeah,  I have lots of problems fighing Petro.  One of the few ships I don't have where I've spent a good time examining the armor layout looking for weaknesses.  it's a tough nut when played well.

On 8/31/2023 at 4:51 PM, Subtle_Octavian said:

Is it the planes?

Here are other things that contribute to credits and base experience in addition to what Frostbow posted to you.

2023-09-05 15_59_40-Base Earnings - Global wiki. Wargaming.net — Mozilla Firefox.png

20 hours ago, SoshiSone said:

Yeah,  I have lots of problems fighing Petro.  One of the few ships I don't have where I've spent a good time examining the armor layout looking for weaknesses.  it's a tough nut when played well.

the trick is to keep your distance and burn her down...

On 8/30/2023 at 1:31 AM, Frostbow said:

The fun continues. 3,363 Base XP. 32 Aircraft Shot Down. 4 Ships Destroyed.

And a Unique Upgrade that slaps real hard.

ARGH!

I didn't need inspiration to grind another line! :p

Ah well ... soldier on.