Its Over !!!!!!

tm63au

Those 40 / 50 days have felt like an eternity but the Dockyard is OVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50 Best I'm So Excited Memes | Excited meme, Excited quotes, Excited face  meme

So excited the goddamn dockyard is over

FOR LOVE OF DOUBLOONS WG DONT PUT ON ANOTHER DOCKYARD EVENT FOR 6 MONTHS AT LEAST.

And here she is !!!!

shot-24_01.31_21_38.24-0138.thumb.jpg.d4ac944d96bf6394b2a1a299f675f5e0.jpg

Got her yesterday afternoon my time, kitted her out but have not played her, will give her a spin now and I am thinking of just sitting back relaxing and play a few of my FAV ships and just chill.

Looking forward to the next two lines to come out in 2 months time 

ICGV Ægir - Wikipedia

ICELANDIC GUNBOAT LINE

Greenland Patrol - Wikipedia

GREENLANDIC ICEBREAKER LINE

Wonder what those magical wizards of WG will cook up for both these lines, cant wait !!!!!! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

And now for our next Dockyard starting in three days...the IJN hybrid based off of Yamato....

😜

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

And now for our next Dockyard starting in three days...the IJN hybrid based off of Yamato....

😜

You jest, but I might just pay for that. 😆

In all seriousness, though, what is going on with the dockyard? I seem to recall dockyards typically being running a bit longer (with stages available for purchase for a couple weeks after the missions end), but based on the news article it looks like this one will end at the beginning of 13.1 (next patch).

There isn’t a new dockyard next patch, so it looks like we will indeed have a short break before the next one. We will probably see a new one in ~5 weeks time with 13.2, but WG still hasn’t produced a roadmap so what ship it will be is anyone’s guess.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

In all seriousness, though, what is going on with the dockyard? I seem to recall dockyards typically being running a bit longer (with stages available for purchase for a couple weeks after the missions end), but based on the news article it looks like this one will end at the beginning of 13.1 (next patch).

There isn’t a new dockyard next patch, so it looks like we will indeed have a short break before the next one. We will probably see a new one in ~5 weeks time with 13.2, but WG still hasn’t produced a roadmap so what ship it will be is anyone’s guess.

Shorter time dockyard more money, simple. 

They are milking the cow faster then it can produce milk.

There are SO much events in the game that I need to spend half my salary just to get few... and that even before I can get my next salary haha.

Serious, its getting out of hands..

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

I seem to recall dockyards typically being running a bit longer

IIRC the missions would usually go on for another week, but that's because one of the late stages always involved a pair of pretty big base XP grinds, which they would allow a fortnight to get through. Then they would leave the dockyard available for buy-out for another patch, for anyone who missed it and wanted to buy it outright.

This time around, they substituted ship and commander XP grinds which they reckoned people would power through with high-end boosters in the space of a week. 

It's notable that criticisms of previous dockyards in the current system include (a) the size of the base XP grinds and (b) people who wanted nothing to do with the dockyard (or had already finished it and claimed the ship) not wanting it hanging around in their port for another month after the missions were over. This Dockyard seems to have addressed both of those issues while simultaneously garnering howls of protest about the size of the ship and commander XP grinds, proving that WG is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't. 

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

There are SO much events in the game that I need to spend half my salary just to get few... and that even before I can get my next salary haha.

Serious, its getting out of hands..

I get by just ignoring what I don’t care about. This patch has actually been pretty low-key for me, with the end of the dockyard grind (the Mega containers being the end goal) being pretty easy and the US CV event being such a greedy cash-grab that it’s easy to ignore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jakob Knight said:

😜

Hmmmm?

9 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Well I'm sorry you feel that way next time I will write a post on Quantum physics

And yes my humour is  " way out there " sometimes ( well Most times ) so your free to ignore them in the mean time here is a pic you may find possibly your standard of humour

How to Grow Grass from Lawn Seed & Choose the Right Type | Yates

watching grass grow I always get a hilarious laugh from watching this 

regards 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, tm63au said:

my humour is  " way out there "

12 hours ago, Jakob Knight said:

😜

本当に?

11 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Yeah.  I'd be very interested in a Hybrid-BB derived from the Yamato's hull (or the Daisen's hull).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://translate.yandex.com/translator/Japanese-English

21 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

US CV event being such a greedy cash-grab

Permanent content in the paid track included a Yorktown-keyed perma econ bonus valued at 2800 dubs and two port slots at 300 dubs each.

Total market value: 3580 dubs. Acquisition cost: 3000 dubs.

You might almost call that value for money. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

本当に?

Yeah.  I'd be very interested in a Hybrid-BB derived from the Yamato's hull (or the Daisen's hull).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://translate.yandex.com/translator/Japanese-English

"In keeping with our commitment to provide more connection between history and our game, we have decided to modify this Shipyard event somewhat.  Completion of this part of the Shipyard will represent the first stage of constructing such a massive ship in wartime Japan...getting the project approved by the Navy and the Army brass.  Completion of the admittedly grueling stages of this new Shipyard will reward the player with an 'Authorization To Procure' token, which will allow the player to pay five hundred USD to purchase Part Two of the Shipyard Event (hey, things don't get cheaper in wartime).

"Completion of all stages of Part Two will reward the player with the front half of the ship, which will appear in the drydock slip.  Work will halt as materials dry up and fuel is rationed across the country.  The player may now pay an additional five hundred USD, five hundred thousand Coal, and two hundred thousand Steel to purchase Part Three of the Shipyard, continuing the project by the simulated bankrupting of the nation. 

"Completion of all stages of Part Three will reward the player with the aft section of the ship and the flight deck conversion upgrade to remove the front two main turrets with a launch deck.  A final bonus stage completion will offer a reduction on the credit usage fee of using this Supership Hybrid from a flat fifty percent of one's starting Credits to a mere one million credits, a real savings considering how far the Imperial economy has been wrecked on this ship.

"Finally, the client will make a random roll.  There is a five percent chance the ship is destroyed by an Allied airstrike before it can be launched, removing all progress on the project.  The player may then begin progressing through Part One to again complete the Shipyard event in the hope this time they will not be noticed by those pesky Allied planes.

"Should a player complete all stages, parts, and the final misfortune roll, they will receive Japanese Hybrid Superbattleship Shibo into their port, a special flag, and the satisfaction of having experienced a historically-accurate portrayal of what building such a ship in late war Japan would be like!"

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

"In keeping with our commitment to provide more connection between history and our game, we have decided to modify this Shipyard event somewhat.  Completion of this part of the Shipyard will represent the first stage of constructing such a massive ship in wartime Japan...getting the project approved by the Navy and the Army brass.  Completion of the admittedly grueling stages of this new Shipyard will reward the player with an 'Authorization To Procure' token, which will allow the player to pay five hundred USD to purchase Part Two of the Shipyard Event (hey, things don't get cheaper in wartime).

"Completion of all stages of Part Two will reward the player with the front half of the ship, which will appear in the drydock slip.  Work will halt as materials dry up and fuel is rationed across the country.  The player may now pay an additional five hundred USD, five hundred thousand Coal, and two hundred thousand Steel to purchase Part Three of the Shipyard, continuing the project by the simulated bankrupting of the nation. 

"Completion of all stages of Part Three will reward the player with the aft section of the ship and the flight deck conversion upgrade to remove the front two main turrets with a launch deck.  A final bonus stage completion will offer a reduction on the credit usage fee of using this Supership Hybrid from a flat fifty percent of one's starting Credits to a mere one million credits, a real savings considering how far the Imperial economy has been wrecked on this ship.

"Finally, the client will make a random roll.  There is a five percent chance the ship is destroyed by an Allied airstrike before it can be launched, removing all progress on the project.  The player may then begin progressing through Part One to again complete the Shipyard event in the hope this time they will not be noticed by those pesky Allied planes.

"Should a player complete all stages, parts, and the final misfortune roll, they will receive Japanese Hybrid Superbattleship Shibo into their port, a special flag, and the satisfaction of having experienced a historically-accurate portrayal of what building such a ship in late war Japan would be like!"

Ahem. 
Well, @Jakob Knight, after reading the above and posting it on the "Announcements" bulletin-board in my Port's Administration Building, both of the Commanders named A.L. Yukikaze serving in my Fleet approached me and said the announcement was <bleeping, bleepity-bleeped, bleep-bleep!>.

Thusly advised, I shall treat the announcement with some skepticism and remove it from my bulletin-board, pending verification from independent sources.  🙂 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Ahem. 
Well, @Jakob Knight, after reading the above and posting it on the "Announcements" bulletin-board in my Port's Administration Building, both of the Commanders named A.L. Yukikaze serving in my Fleet approached me and said the announcement was <bleeping, bleepity-bleeped, bleep-bleep!>.

Thusly advised, I shall treat the announcement with some skepticism and remove it from my bulletin-board, pending verification from independent sources.  🙂 

But...but I'm -certain- that's the announcement I saw scrawled in pencil on that napkin!  How could it be anything but authentic??

((Edit:  and yes, I did model the project on an actual event in another online game I play, so it's not as far out there as might be thought.))

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1