Bribes intensify!

ArIskandir

Getting a promo code for a free Missouri to get back into the game, and targeted adds for WoWS on Youtube every 15 minutes... How low have the mighty fallen... 

image.png.3b014d9ffdbc5b70bbf773204302c3f2.png

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Getting a promo code for a free Missouri to get back into the game, and targeted adds for WoWS on Youtube every 15 minutes... How low have the mighty fallen... 

Wow.

• Like 1

Not too long ago, on an account (used for training/low tiers), I got an email from WoWs and a free Yamato.  So much for grinding ships.

I did not log in for about 30 days, so I guess they thought I left the game.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Getting a promo code for a free Missouri

It’s a rental (10 battles or 30 days).

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HogHammer said:

Not too long ago, on an account (used for training/low tiers), I got an email from WoWs and a free Yamato.  So much for grinding ships.

I did not log in for about 30 days, so I guess they thought I left the game.

That was Christmas promo, Yamato + Bismark iirc. 

1 minute ago, Nevermore135 said:

It’s a rental

Oh man, that's a cheap trick then... Nowhere on the promo it says rental... That's even worse

• Like 3

Just now, Nevermore135 said:

It’s a rental (X number of batted or 30 days).

Glad you mentioned it was a rental.  I was contemplating how long I'd have to exit the game to qualify for a free Enterprise.  
Phew.  I feel relieved.  🙂 
giphy.gif  

• Haha 7

29 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Oh man, that's a cheap trick then... Nowhere on the promo it says rental... That's even worse

Except it sort of does? It just doesn’t use the word “rental.”

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2024/01/bonus-code-january-25.html?m=1

It is a bit odd that they are renting out a ship that isn’t currently available for purchase, since the nominal purpose of rentals is to allow one to “try before they buy.”

WG is probably hoping enough players don’t realize it’s a rental to get them back in the game (although I would argue such an approach is likely to lead to disappointment and backfire).

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

How low have the mighty fallen... 

It's almost like... they should stop pissing off their customers and making them leave.

• Like 4
  • Bored 1

Just now, SolitudeFreak said:

It's almost like... they should stop pissing off their customers and making them leave.

That goes against their core business model though...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

That goes against their core business model though...

What is fascinating they want a lot of money at the fastest time ( their current idea). Instead of building up community to get less money over longer period of time. In this process sooner or later the game will die but then again they will start a new one, like project CW.

Look at the world of warcraft, they are milking the dead cow long ago, and our cow is dying also

• Thanks 1

It said you have to play some battles for the rental to occur, which I did, but the ship never sailed into my port.

1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

I must say Grasshopper that this does make me sad. While I don't like a lot of the the things going on in Wows I certainly don't want it to die. I think they need to listen to a few things people are saying about Subs, CVs, and the MM. Whether your pro or con I think some of these are really hurting the game. 

They seem to have lost quite a few of the paying customers and alienated the others who still play but wont pay anymore. The game cant survive on F2P players and there's a lot of them.

I have to say that after 7 years in this game it's become more then a game for me. I really enjoy just checking the forums talking with you guys reading the blogs watching @ChaosMachineGR the streamer or reviews of ships on Youtube. Even just hanging out in port without playing lol.

I don't know the answers there are smarter people then me out there but I sure hope they figure this out before it's to late. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

What is fascinating they want a lot of money at the fastest time ( their current idea).

They could just make some damn ships I actually want, and make them available normally, instead of these ridiculous loot box things they call 'events'.

They could stop beating around the bush and just make Asymmetric permanent(this was literally the most fun the game has been in years for a lot of players).

They could add higher tiers to operations. Or at least make them selectable for divisions again. Or let PvE sub players play wolf pack.

They could do a lot of things.

But they're choosing not to. Maybe it's because last patch was so fun, but damn the game is just depressing this patch.

@ArIskandir Don't come back yet. This patch sucks. Wait for a better bribe. Or for some fun to be reintroduced.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, SolitudeFreak said:

What a concept, eh?  🙂 
spacer.png  

28 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I must say Grasshopper that this does make me sad. While I don't like a lot of the the things going on in Wows I certainly don't want it to die. I think they need to listen to a few things people are saying about Subs, CVs, and the MM. Whether your pro or con I think some of these are really hurting the game. 

They seem to have lost quite a few of the paying customers and alienated the others who still play but wont pay anymore. The game cant survive on F2P players and there's a lot of them.

I have to say that after 7 years in this game it's become more then a game for me. I really enjoy just checking the forums talking with you guys reading the blogs watching Chaos the streamer or reviews of ships on Youtube. Even just hanging out in port without playing lol.

I don't know the answers there are smarter people then me out there but I sure hope they figure this out before it's to late. 

I don't want the game to die, either.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, thornzero said:

It said you have to play some battles for the rental to occur, which I did, but the ship never sailed into my port.

That's disappointing to hear.  Thanks for sharing your experience, though.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SolitudeFreak said:

They could just make some damn ships I actually want, and make them available normally, instead of these ridiculous loot box things they call 'events'.

They could stop beating around the bush and just make Asymmetric permanent(this was literally the most fun the game has been in years for a lot of players).

They could add higher tiers to operations. Or at least make them selectable for divisions again. Or let PvE sub players play wolf pack.

I think you've got some good ideas ^^^^ here.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, SolitudeFreak said:

Wait for a better bribe.

This. My main account hasn't (yet) ever gone inactive, but I get the 'please come back' emails on my secondary EU account; I wonder if this latest rental is to try something where they're not being as generous as usual (in previous years, the bribe has been a T9 premium that you get to keep, although it's been a random one, rather than player's choice).

A general trend across most of WG's activities over the last year or so has been one of seeing how little they can get away with.

I'm not convinced of the attraction of a rental. It may be because I have zero shortage of premium ships on my main account, but I can't think of a premium that's so much fun that having one for a few battles will alter my playing/paying behaviour...

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I have to say that after 7 years in this game it's become more then a game for me. I really enjoy just checking the forums talking with you guys reading the blogs watching @ChaosMachineGR the streamer or reviews of ships on Youtube. Even just hanging out in port without playing lol.

Ditto.  Just over 6 years and this is a place for many of us, that played as teams in other games, to get together again without competing... If that makes sense to any of you...

What we are experiencing, as I have said and everyone makes fun of me, is called the Exodus period of mature games....  It's the next to concluding phase of mature games. Which either closes the game or "archive themselves" as static population bastions of resistance to change.  This is my last game to study:  and.........here we are......doing the same things all of the other games did.  Only one game over came this maturity paradigm:  if closed and became a FPS with some "cooperative" missions.  Not like it was.

So, the same, say - 6,000 will be here for a decade or more till we pass or the game closes.  Get used to seeing the same game names everyday.  And, content wise....... WYSIWYG only worse: clones of clones or clones....

Sorry mates:  History is the only test of right versus wrong - and, it is always "after the fact...."  Fair Seas.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I think you've got some good ideas ^^^^ here.

Yes and many of us have been saying those same things for "years"....  What we lack is an "Innovator" whom has the education to realize that "Red Ocean" markets are not places for dead ideas..... 

It seems our host's team didn't take that graduate level course the rest of us did.....  I guess they don't teach that in the Holy Mother land.  Ergo, where we are with one of the strongest IP value streams I've ever encountered.....  Go figure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

It is a bit odd that they are renting out a ship that isn’t currently available for purchase, since the nominal purpose of rentals is to allow one to “try before they buy.”

WG is probably hoping enough players don’t realize it’s a rental to get them back in the game (although I would argue such an approach is likely to lead to disappointment and backfire).

They're probably hoping that, but it's pretty tone deaf. Though the fact that they're flashing around Missouri as the 'plz come back' ship shows the desperation there.

1 hour ago, SolitudeFreak said:

but damn the game is just depressing this patch

On the money ... ! If I wouldn't have invested so much time and money in the game I would leave. Depressing describes it perfectly. Recently, I often feel cheated both ingame and outside, and that's not something that creates attachment and loyalty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Yoo.....I'm playing da game and l'm still targeted  53EB5C0D-3B99-4A7E-8E10-0AD06C0F515D.gif

That being said

Come on, push it! Juuuust push it!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Tbh I never followed the link, I just watched the Youtube ad showing the Missouri in action, telling me it could be mine and the promo code on big white letters across the screen... Never on the video it said anything about 10 battles, rental or similar. Honestly that's as misleading advertising as the worst out there... I've never previously seen WG do "bait & switch" like that, it comes out as very shameless... 

Guess I liked more the honest desperation vibes than the shameless misleading.

• Like 2