T10 Commonwealth Sub Hunting Cruiser CERBERUS

OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

19 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

That said tho, how OP isn't the "nerfed" Eagle, Naki and United States still?

I believe the upcoming CV and Subs "Nerfs" when I see them live in game and really FEEL them. WG haven't really a great track record when its coming to nerfing OP ships and just looking at the suggested latest "Nerfs" to Annapolis and Conde (which is more like a buff to be honest) ...... im pretty skeptical.  

Oh, the ships needed the nerfs...

...my point is that the pattern is WG releasing OP ships intentionally to drive sales, then nerfing later.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Oh, the ships needed the nerfs...

...my point is that the pattern is WG releasing OP ships intentionally to drive sales, then nerfing later.

Yup that is correct! 

Must have been fun to be a Supertester back in the day (are they still here....?). To know they will ignore all the feedback you give them to be able to release an unbalanced/OP ship and then after 4-6 month (sometimes years) start to make small nerfs.

After what? 3-4 nerfs to Petro .... its just now starting to look like the ship if Should have been at release. Not the state if should be after being in the game for 3 years?!

All this talk about nerfs, I just took out Malta 5 min ago, for the first time in probably 6 month and got this game:

image.thumb.jpeg.57af93a429ad034742cae7f530525c9d.jpeg

Just an easy and effortless Kraken.

image.thumb.jpeg.774acce69b2ba63018628399793c4b11.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9ed7ed7b61c114e196fcd3412a692e49.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ad112f3d5d4653b8b9e7caa6ae587a4a.jpeg

Low damage was due to me focusing on killing 3 of their 4 Destroyers to secure the win because my team was a bit all over the place.

Even tho I own this ship I really hope they take the Big nerf hammer to it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Yup that is correct! 

Must have been fun to be a Supertester back in the day (are they still here....?). To know they will ignore all the feedback you give them to be able to release an unbalanced/OP ship and then after 4-6 month (sometimes years) start to make small nerfs.

After what? 3-4 nerfs to Petro .... its just now starting to look like the ship if Should have been at release. Not the state if should be after being in the game for 3 years?!

All this talk about nerfs, I just took out Malta 5 min ago, for the first time in probably 6 month and got this game:

image.thumb.jpeg.57af93a429ad034742cae7f530525c9d.jpeg

Just an easy and effortless Kraken.

image.thumb.jpeg.774acce69b2ba63018628399793c4b11.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9ed7ed7b61c114e196fcd3412a692e49.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ad112f3d5d4653b8b9e7caa6ae587a4a.jpeg

Low damage was due to me focusing on killing 3 of their 4 Destroyers to secure the win because my team was a bit all over the place.

Even tho I own this ship I really hope they take the Big nerf hammer to it.

It's AP bombers are getting a nerf in 13.1.

7 hours ago, Kynami said:

That is a fair amount of copium right there. And honestly? The good sub players will still be absolutely wrecking your team because the window they can operate compared to a destroyer will be a good three to four kilometers wide. Unlike the average kilometer or less of wiggle room between spotting a radar cruiser and being lit up by said cruiser for destroyers. The only "gotcha" is that their detection counter will show up faster than the T8 radar standard.

And it has to be said. Watchful is a hilariously overpowered captain skill. Sure the lemmings that have been playing subs because they had woefully insufficient counters might be dying more... but the survivors will adapt and be even more annoying. Its just the "new" sub drivers will die even faster and be probably leaving their team to face a better sub captain that has higher odds of being an absolute pain to deal with.

I guess from the experience of 26 submarine games it would appear so.

Also it's a bit cheap to play the copium card, just cause you don't like an opinion. I don't need copium, I can own the average player in any other ship type.

Subs were mostly ineffective and inconsistent and certainly the last ship type to choose to win a game. Nobody should care about being trolled, all that matters is whether you win or lose. Subs are not winning battles as much as other ships types. Subs do inferior damage. And now they get nerfed, so the good players who know these numbers, andread them correctly, will move away from them, unti WG will double back on their decision and buff the subs again, which they will, once they see the then terrible numbers.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Sell a tech tree ship? Sorry, no.

World of Warships Early Access for tech tree ships is the resounding yes that puts to silence your 'no'. 

21 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

and for dumba$$ whales to flex. 

That statement quickly contradicts your first. See? WG sells tech tree ships in Early Access. 

20 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Eagle - released 11.3, nerfed 11.4, 13.1

Naughtimov - released 10.10, nerfed 11.1

United States - released 0.11.3, nerfed 11.4, 11.5, 11.8, 13.1

MvR - released 9.7, nerfed 9.12, 10.0

Audacious - released 8.2, nerfed 8.10, 9.2, 9.7, 9.12, 11.1

So, EVERY early access CV has been released OP and then nerfed down.

That's wonderful! LOL

31 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

See? WG sells tech tree ships in Early Access. 

Also the "Unsinkable Sam" bundle (available for limited-time in-game events) which included the Bismarck (tech-tree ship), the Cossack and the Ark Royal along with Unsinkable Sam themed camouflages.

15 hours ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

ubs were mostly ineffective and inconsistent and certainly the last ship type to choose to win a game. Nobody should care about being trolled, all that matters is whether you win or lose. Subs are not winning battles as much as other ships types. Subs do inferior damage.

🤔... they are certainly more effective at winning games than many BBs and Cruisers... It's a bit of an "iffy" thing because the asymmetry works both ways, but when they have a favorable setup, there's no practical way to stop a Sub from achieving a winning condition.