T10 Commonwealth Sub Hunting Cruiser CERBERUS

OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

Cruiser with 12, 203´s guns, with 13,5 Km Venezia (?) torps, crawling smoke (with 7,3 km smoke fire on 203´s  ...?!), hydro, Submarine surveillance, and 11 km plane ASW....?

"Create the problem (Subs) ..... and SELL the solution"!

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Personally, I don't feel that Submarines are a "problem".  But, I will grant that it does look like someone is selling a "solution".  🙂 

If it actually works in it's intended function, I'll play nothing else.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

and SELL the solution

Sell a tech tree ship? Sorry, no.

Anyone who buys the event out to have "the ultimate sub hunter" two months early is a slave to anti-sub rage and deserves to be fleeced.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Anyone who buys the event out to have "the ultimate sub hunter" two months early is a slave to anti-sub rage and deserves to be fleeced.

According to the video, the Cerberus is a Tier-10 Premium ship (unless my eyes were deceiving me?).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

What do you think early access is?

WG definitely do sell tech tree ships.

Plus, with their tendency to release the tier 10 a bit OP, and then nerf later...people want to buy the ship when it is strong.

They skirt just inside the legal line of bait and switch.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

According to the video, the Cerberus is a Tier-10 Premium ship (unless my eyes were deceiving me?).

Tech tree ships in testing and early access typically have the “special” ship designation, IIRC.

This is the upcoming tier X Commonwealth cruiser to cap the tech tree branch, and being a tier X will almost certainly be “sold” for an exorbitant amount of doubloons (either directly or indirectly) for the first two patches the ships are available. “Pay to get the high tiers early” is a fundamental part of these events and bait for those with more money than sense (or just loads of money).

That being said, too many view the “pay” aspects of these events in a binary light. I’m of the opinion that those who whale on tech tree content just to have it 2 months early are choosing to make a… questionable decision, but at the same time WG deserves the common criticism for these practices (and to a large degree they own it as part of their business model).

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Tech tree ships in testing and early access typically have the “special” ship designation, IIRC.

This is the upcoming tier X Commonwealth cruiser to cap the tech tree branch, and being a tier X will almost certainly be “sold” for an exorbitant amount of doubloons (either directly or indirectly) for the first two patches the ships are available. “Pay to get the high tiers early” is a fundamental part of these events and bait for those with more money than sense (or just loads of money).

That being said, too many view the “pay” aspects of these events in a binary light. I’m of the opinion that those who whale on tech tree content just to have it 2 months early are choosing to make a… questionable decision, but at the same time WG deserves the common criticism for these practices (and to a large degree they own it as part of their business model).

Thanks for the clarification.

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

What do you think early access is?

It's for monetized streamers to get the content fast as a tax writeoff... and for dumba$$ whales to flex. 

Look, you know how much I like the game and defend WG. And yet, I have never stopped regarding buying out the T10 in pre-release as being an absolutely stupid move for anyone who's not a monetized content creator, and I have stated on many previous occasions that ONLY monetized content creators should be going near that.

I find refusing that bait to be so easy that I can't comprehend how anyone could possibly have a problem doing so. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

It's for monetized streamers to get the content fast as a tax writeoff... and for dumba$$ whales to flex. 

Look, you know how much I like the game and defend WG. And yet, I have never stopped regarding buying out the T10 in pre-release as being an absolutely stupid move for anyone who's not a monetized content creator, and I have stated on many previous occasions that ONLY monetized content creators should be going near that.

I find refusing that bait to be so easy that I can't comprehend how anyone could possibly have a problem doing so. 

Eh, really rich people can go after early access bait because those prices are just pocket change to them.

I don't hold any I'll will towards folks who buy it...after all, that keeps the game in business.

But I'm with you...early access ships offer a really low value return for that purchase.

• Like 2

Why would we need a sub-hunting cruiser in the game. When the next patch hits in ~12 days, and with it all the nerfs on subs, subs will be dead, as will consequently be sub hunting.

Okay, I may be exaggerating. The stupid plebs, who never read patch notes or don't even understand basic mechanics, they may continue playing subs. Just every player with half a brain will stop playing this then utterly inferior class. What will be left, will be players in subs, that don't require dedicated sub hunters to kill them.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

Why would we need a sub-hunting cruiser in the game. When the next patch hits in ~12 days, and with it all the nerfs on subs, subs will be dead, as will consequently be sub hunting.

Okay, I may be exaggerating. The stupid plebs, who never read patch notes or don't even understand basic mechanics, they may continue playing subs. Just every player with half a brain will stop playing this then utterly inferior class. What will be left, will be players in subs, that don't require dedicated sub hunters to kill them.

That is a fair amount of copium right there. And honestly? The good sub players will still be absolutely wrecking your team because the window they can operate compared to a destroyer will be a good three to four kilometers wide. Unlike the average kilometer or less of wiggle room between spotting a radar cruiser and being lit up by said cruiser for destroyers. The only "gotcha" is that their detection counter will show up faster than the T8 radar standard.

And it has to be said. Watchful is a hilariously overpowered captain skill. Sure the lemmings that have been playing subs because they had woefully insufficient counters might be dying more... but the survivors will adapt and be even more annoying. Its just the "new" sub drivers will die even faster and be probably leaving their team to face a better sub captain that has higher odds of being an absolute pain to deal with.

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Plus, with their tendency to release the tier 10 a bit OP, and then nerf later...people want to buy the ship when it is strong.

How many early access ships have actually been nerfed? I am just wondering not saying your wrong. The only early access ships I ever got were just for playing I will not pay for them.

3 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Create the problem (Subs) ..... and SELL the solution"!

I like that but now you will be under pressure to be the sub killer for your team lol.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, clammboy said:

How many early access ships have actually been nerfed? I am just wondering not saying your wrong. The only early access ships I ever got were just for playing I will not pay for them.

Eagle - released 11.3, nerfed 11.4, 13.1

Naughtimov - released 10.10, nerfed 11.1

United States - released 0.11.3, nerfed 11.4, 11.5, 11.8, 13.1

MvR - released 9.7, nerfed 9.12, 10.0

Audacious - released 8.2, nerfed 8.10, 9.2, 9.7, 9.12, 11.1

So, EVERY early access CV has been released OP and then nerfed down.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Schlieffen was also nerfed shortly after release. She wasn’t technically available in an EA event, but sold for doubloons in the auction instead.

Edited by Nevermore135

3 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Schlieffen was also nerfed shortly after release. She wasn’t technically available in an EA event, but sold for doubloons in the auction instead.

I just did CVs since I watch those more closely.

The pattern may extend to most new tier 10s.

50 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Wow so these were all nerfed separately not part of a CV nerf to the class people bought them and then they were nerfed? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

The Japanese CLs, Yodo line, and the Italian CAs, Venezia line, will also be getting submarine surveillance.  Many players have one or both of those at Tier X already.

11 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Wow so these were all nerfed separately not part of a CV nerf to the class people bought them and then they were nerfed? 

Yep.

That's the pattern WG has set.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

and the Italian CAs, Venezia line, will also be getting submarine surveillance. 

*busts out trento* time to start grinding again. 

47 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

The Japanese CLs, Yodo line, and the Italian CAs, Venezia line, will also be getting submarine surveillance.  Many players have one or both of those at Tier X already.

But none of those have 10 km conceal, hydro, torps, 7,3 smoke fire AND a crawling smoke which combined with the hydro makes it pretty easy to push a radared sub (if you need) without getting spotted and nuke it with plane ASW. It pretty much the perfect tool to hunt submarines, so the perfect "Fix" to take care of the Problem WG created.

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

That said tho, how OP isn't the "nerfed" Eagle, Naki and United States still?

I believe the upcoming CV and Subs "Nerfs" when I see them live in game and really FEEL them. WG haven't really a great track record when its coming to nerfing OP ships and just looking at the suggested latest "Nerfs" to Annapolis and Conde (which is more like a buff to be honest) ...... im pretty skeptical.  

1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

Yeah but these guys have 11 km ASW. Ofc for reasons....