Wow, BIG ship balance changes!

Andrewbassg

14 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Thanks_WorldofWarships_trophy-icon_03-23-2022_.jpg.889f44744d6ce21d60e8033824324702.jpg

13 hours ago, pepe_trueno said:

in before sailor moon heart attack.

😄 

VII CALIFORNIA

• Main Battery reload time reduced: 34.2 to 32.5
  • Changed engine parameters: the acceleration time for forward and reverse movement was significantly reduced.
    • The new acceleration settings are similar to those found on Kansas, Minnesota and Vermont.

Finally the California is getting a buff.
Congratulations @Sailor_Moon !!!  🙂 DrinkingWolfKampai_facebooksticker_saved_08-10-2022_.jpg.0377579576815b619e5af96bb3539fd8.jpg

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, 3LUE said:

WOW and not the game, lol.

Perhaps you could expound on this highly illuminating and communicative post.  My inquest into the ramifications of your declaration requires additional elucidation for proper assessment of possible options in formulating a rejoinder.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

Perhaps you could expound on this highly illuminating and communicative post.  My inquest into the ramifications of your declaration requires additional elucidation for proper assessment of possible options in formulating a rejoinder.

53EB5C0D-3B99-4A7E-8E10-0AD06C0F515D.gif   Ok, ok, WP.. GG...

5 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Finally I ll be able to get out of the port California and Florida as they deserve.

Florida really doesnt deserve that big reload.

I dunno, to me that buff is not nearly enough. 30s reload and I would take her out again. With still 32.5 it is still bad imho, especially compared to WV44, which has overmatch and secondaries, whereas the gimmick of California is great AA, which is kinda inconsequential.

The supposedly good accuracy has let me down on the few times I tried California, but maybe I was just trolled by the RNG.

Same for Florida, only got bad results with it and it would require a lot more of a buff to make it viable again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kruzenstern said:

The supposedly good accuracy has let me down on the few times I tried California, but maybe I was just trolled by the RNG.

Same for Florida, only got bad results with it and it would require a lot more of a buff to make it viable again.

These battleships suffer from the same thing that afflicts other American battleships before they gain access to APRM2 at tier IX: the lack of ASM1’s 7% dispersion bonus. US/UK/German dispersion and 1.9 sigma, as well as CB/CC dispersion and 1.7 sigma, with 12 guns would be great on most other ships, but the extra area of the dispersion ellipse is really felt on American battleships.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 3

I think florida suffers mostlt from an atrocious hull that gets demolished by anything

7 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Heavy nerfs to premium CVs there, which is naughty. WG needs to do better. It's allowing ships into the game which are borderline OP, allowing them to become desirable purchases, and then nerfing them. 

Schadenfreude enabled. 

Also Colossus nerfed because it can effectively attack carriers, oh the horror. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pepe_trueno said:

SailorMoonDance.gif.86e72d688976fe09470e92f22ed32b71.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kruzenstern said:

I dunno, to me that buff is not nearly enough. 30s reload and I would take her out again. With still 32.5 it is still bad imho, especially compared to WV44, which has overmatch and secondaries, whereas the gimmick of California is great AA, which is kinda inconsequential.

I know, I tried to sell the 30s reload buff to Wargaming, but they just wouldn't have it. I seriously have tried SO. MANY. different buff requests for the poor girl, not even just main battery reload.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

When I've read...

VII CALIFORNIA

• Main Battery reload time reduced: 34.2 to 32.5
  • Changed engine parameters: the acceleration time for forward and reverse movement was significantly reduced.
    • The new acceleration settings are similar to those found on Kansas, Minnesota and Vermont.

.....that was my first thought

14728F2B-B3A1-4254-850F-95D0D4BC5353.gif

@Sailor_Moon

Yep, I swear to the moon, I'm not joking. When they said "Now how do we buff this battleship?" and the California showed up FOR BUFFS, I had tears in my eyes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Thanks_WorldofWarships_trophy-icon_03-23-2022_.jpg.889f44744d6ce21d60e8033824324702.jpg

😄 

Finally the California is getting a buff.
Congratulations @Sailor_Moon !!!  🙂 DrinkingWolfKampai_facebooksticker_saved_08-10-2022_.jpg.0377579576815b619e5af96bb3539fd8.jpg

Thank you so much Wolfy, much appreciated. I hate to admit it, but the fact that California was getting buffs shook me to my core so much I actually missed basically the rest of the reveal stream XD Thankfully, they posted the devblog that has all the (really nice) changes so I'm covered 😄

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, pepe_trueno said:

Not gonna lie, I think I nearly DID have a heart attack when that buff reveal stream showed this:

ItsDoneCaliBuffed.PNG.20cf02131101bc2ceaaf601df4bcc5c2.PNG

I was literally like

1ab2145c5a911f11c1d2ffe5c45e8f67.gif

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Yea I checked all day looking for that post. 

Only just posted, there was a slew of notifications!!!

SM_Late.gif.6d6ab586840f761ed25e1c8cbf6b2731.gif

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

Petropavlovsk nerf 😞

How many NERFS is that for this ship?? They won't be happy until it's another port queen.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

I think florida suffers mostlt from an atrocious hull that gets demolished by anything

Its a North Carolina hull I thought....which does great if you don't sit broadside like an idiot. 

Im suprised the Italian BB's got a buff. Maybe I'll try them again. 

Edited by mashed68
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Flamu's take:

I mostly agree with him. The changes are weird and show how the WG team has little understanding of the game.

I agree! Its been like this since the start, they have ZERO clue about their own ships or game balance. Either that or they just try and fool us into believing they are "nerfing" ships when they really isn't, just to please the masses.

They did it with BS "nerf" to Kremlins AA when that was OP/Broken

They did it to OG Khabas torps when that was OP/Broken 

None of theose thing was the reason for why those were OP/Broken

Now they fiddle with 0,5 sec sequence fire and 5 sec base activation with radar (that can be buffed), which in no way will "nerf" Annapolis, it will be just as strong.

12 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

Petropavlovsk nerf 😞

Same here, it wont effect Petro. 13.2 km is still really strong conceal for a massive damage dealer like Petro and he will still catch DDs in his radar if they are sailing into each other.

........... also ....... #PLEASEBUFFCONDE           😆

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 1
  • Bored 1

These changes to me at least will make California a much more fun and enjoyable ship to play, I do think though it should of gotten a 31 second reload since 14" guns are a little small for tier seven but its a good start.

Edited by AdmiralMcintosh

6 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Yep, that's the two elephants in the room. One the nerfing of premium.... "ships" and the other, after their sales period "expired".

While many of these changes were long overdue ...... I'm not sure how people who brought them feel about this.....

I think I probably have all the premiums that are impacted. I don't mind nerfs when they're called for, for the slightly boring reason that I'd rather the game was fun for as many as possible than for just me (with any OP ship).

It may or may not be relevant, but I suck in almost any ship - including 'OP' premiums - so I may well not notice the impact of such nerfs as much as a good player might...

1 hour ago, mashed68 said:

Its a North Carolina hull I thought....which does great if you don't sit broadside like an idiot. 

No, it has a (unique?) hull with huge 25mm nose/stern behind which is a weirdly shaped above-water citadel. 

1 hour ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Same here, it wont effect Petro. 13.2 km is still really strong conceal for a massive damage dealer like Petro and he will still catch DDs in his radar if they are sailing into each other.

I disagree entirely. 13+ is not good for a ship that doesn't want to be at long range or be spotted all the time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Look what they have done to my Bearn... Sadness 😭

(Doesn't mean it wasn't justified)

Adapt the lyrics as needed:

• Like 2

Hopefully this will make that dog Sevastopol a little bit more fun to play. Have a feeling that Flamu is right and these buffs don't really fix its issues...but we'll see.

5 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Look what they have done to my Bearn... Sadness 😭

(Doesn't mean it wasn't justified)

image.png.421f611c9d6d27ec719ebdb0ca429e74.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

No, it has a (unique?) hull with huge 25mm nose/stern behind which is a weirdly shaped above-water citadel. 

I disagree entirely. 13+ is not good for a ship that doesn't want to be at long range or be spotted all the time. 

Still probably one of the strongest and tankiest T10 cruisers in the game. It was a well deserved nerf.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Still probably one of the strongest and tankiest T10 cruisers in the game. It was a well deserved nerf.

Likely still a CB staple, but it's completely extinct from randoms already. It's the only cruiser in the game that was designed to do something fun and useful so I don't like that it gets nerfed.