Wow, BIG ship balance changes!

Andrewbassg

Hayate finally getting some love. Be nice for her to be relevant. She looks so nice on paper,….

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

Hayate finally getting some love. Be nice for her to be relevant. She looks so nice on paper,….

Hayate moving up my list of wants

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

in before sailor moon heart attack.

When I've read...

VII CALIFORNIA

• Main Battery reload time reduced: 34.2 to 32.5
  • Changed engine parameters: the acceleration time for forward and reverse movement was significantly reduced.
    • The new acceleration settings are similar to those found on Kansas, Minnesota and Vermont.

.....that was my first thought

14728F2B-B3A1-4254-850F-95D0D4BC5353.gif

@Sailor_Moon

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

She was perfectly fine before...

...now I'll have to take her out and see how overpowered she will become.

😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, pepe_trueno said:

in before sailor moon heart attack.

Yea I checked all day looking for that post. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Yea I checked all day looking for that post. 

Well if you had checked the news sub-section that also has a post about these balance changes... you'd have found her post.

7 minutes ago, Kynami said:

Well if you had checked the news sub-section that also has a post about these balance changes... you'd have found her post.

not everyone is a stalker following persons around the forum 😆

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

She was perfectly fine before...

...now I'll have to take her out and see how overpowered she will become.

😄

Not sure if serious or not but I doubt it will make her OP; her concealment is average at best at just shy of 6.1km.

Could make her fun to actually play though and make her viable as a hybrid/generalist DD in the original use of the term.

6 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Not sure if serious or not but I doubt it will make her OP; her concealment is average at best at just shy of 6.1km.

Could make her fun to actually play though and make her viable as a hybrid/generalist DD in the original use of the term.

I've never lost a game playing her.

Sure, it's not all that exciting and you aren't going to set damage records...but she is stealthy enough to basically just tip your flank to a win if played cautiously but smartly...and her guns and torp alpha are enough to force the enemy to be cautious too.

Making her not have to choose between torp reload and smoke will make her much more powerful than she is now.

• Like 2

Cosmetics nothing of real substance there except maybe Khaba and Numancia if one cares for either

• Confused 1

Great changes, pretty much all of them are on point.

Especially balance changes to help rein in problematic ships. Though naturally a few may be understandably upset by it.

Heavy nerfs to premium CVs there, which is naughty. WG needs to do better. It's allowing ships into the game which are borderline OP, allowing them to become desirable purchases, and then nerfing them. 

Finally I ll be able to get out of the port California and Florida as they deserve.

Florida really doesnt deserve that big reload.

It seems to be very "carefull" balancing changes, especially with overpowered ships like Annapolis and Conde, but all changes in this direction is a good sign.

• Like 1

While I am happy about the Khaba buff, that is not the one I would like ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Heavy nerfs to premium CVs there, which is naughty. WG needs to do better. It's allowing ships into the game which are borderline OP, allowing them to become desirable purchases, and then nerfing them. 

Yep, that's the two elephants in the room. One the nerfing of premium.... "ships" and the other, after their sales period "expired".

While many of these changes were long overdue ...... I'm not sure how people who brought them feel about this.....

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

First time?

WG has been using bait and switch with CV rollouts for some time.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Yep, that's the two elephants in the room. One the nerfing of premium.... "ships" and the other, after their sales period "expired".

While many of these changes were long overdue ...... I'm not sure how people who brought them feel about this.....

Good. Premiums should be balanced too. 

Selling actual gameplay assets I dislike in general tho.

Flamu's take:

I mostly agree with him. The changes are weird and show how the WG team has little understanding of the game.

Edited by Aragathor
  • Like 2
  • Bored 1

Look what they have done to my Bearn... Sadness 😭

(Doesn't mean it wasn't justified)