No wonder I'm losing interest

SunkCostFallacy

2 hours ago, Jakob Knight said:

The issue is the 'Unsporting Conduct' flag despite having taken actions such as capping.  I don't understand, based on what is being told, why that was applied, so either the mechanism in place isn't working as it should, or something else happened to cause it.  A replay might help understand which it was. 

The system is just a little silly. I have been penalized with even half-decent amounts of damage. Iirc there is a threshold of time that is a percentage of total battle time (not sure what it was, something like 60% maybe?), and if you are judged inactive by the system for that amount of time (basically not hitting/capping something), you get the penalty. Regardless of what happened in the other 40%. I once scored a good volley on my flank against something early, then the rest of my flank was Marceaued or Klebered, the middle stuff was behind an island before it was swiftly annihilated, and then I got a few shots into the enemies from the other flank before the match was over. I think I had some 50K damage, but because I was 'inactive' for so long while transiting flanks, I got zeroed. And it is the sum of all inactive time that is judged, it does not have to be one stretch, so you can't totally 'reset' it by activity.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Well, people go into coop without the expectation the bots will be hiding or running away...

I believe it is impossible for non-CV bot ships to run away or hide.  They are programed like seeking weapons, and will constantly do so, even ramming their target to complete their objective.  Just because they are not heading for you does not mean they are not charging another member of your team...just that you are on the other side of the map from where their target is.

Bot CVs are a special case, as they seem programed to either seek to hide from any unit they spot by heading for terrain, or going in circles when they can't find a way there.

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Like 2

Unless something changed, the only way for a non-CV player to be zeroed is for early exit/disconnect. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Aethervox said:

LOL. You are kidding, right? Or being sarcastic? Surely, you don't expect WG to do a better job 'rooting out the  problems without irritating players'. 

That ship sailed long ago & sank on the Ocean Map. 

Understood.  And why I said "I think WG could" instead of "I know WG will"..  Hey, one can hope!  Lol, my only expectation at this point is that I launch into the game and the servers are up!  j/k   sort of.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

Bot CVs are a special case

IIRC the most recent change to bot CVs is that if they are the last ship left alive, they will head for the nearest cap.

4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Unless something changed, the only way for a non-CV player to be zeroed is for early exit/disconnect. 

The other way is for exceeding the friendly fire cutoff, which at its least generous requires 40 hits of any kind on friendly units. A Smolensk or Colbert captain who has a friendly ship cross right in front of him when he's zoned in on hosing down an enemy might manage that accidentally; most other ships have to try very hard. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

I was present and active for the entire game ... no disconnections or exits.

So I'm afraid you're 100% wrong.

22 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

The man capped (which is an action) and then also did damage...and the system designed to catch INACTIVITY punished him for playing the game AS DESIGNED.

It's a broken system...don't defend it.

Did he tab out of the game to his desktop?  If so that can trigger a penalty under some circumstances.  

OP clearly had a bad game due to Wargaming's poor design decisions

... only to be told he's wrong a few posts later

Never change, WoWs Community 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I had a disconnect at the beginning of Defense of Newport a few months ago and was gone for roughly 5 minutes. I got back in and scored second place. However I was penalized for inactivity in game. Apparently there is no point trying to get back into the game after a disconnect since you won't get any rewards, so one may as well screw the whole team. My Comcast internet here sucks so disconnects happens occasionally. Not complaining anymore,  but WG doesn't care so why should I?

shot-23_10.21_18_08.44-0214.thumb.jpg.9a975fc95d7da1aacf9bb454a7af9a09.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.13fb096e2e17147b1985ee013aa46b84.jpeg

shot-23_10.21_18_09.32-0955.thumb.jpg.cbf0eaf2a95309b65f70467638dbaaee.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2024 at 5:45 PM, SunkCostFallacy said:

Got a match on Hotspot.

I spawned in the middle at the top of the map, and started heading south.

The bots ALL went to the flanks.

As a result of the bots behavior I got very little to shoot at. The bots and what they do, mind you, are WGs responsibility. So if the bots don't give me much opportunity to do damage, it's WGs fault ... not mine.

So I headed to the capture point and capped it.

I should note that at one point I actually stopped to get what little damage I could during the brief window that I did have Line of Sight on some bots, and then headed to the cap ... something no bot would do.

The result:

shot-24_01.22_10_34.45-0437.thumb.jpg.c34d281115d98bd80a0e41012085534f.jpg

I was already annoyed that I'd had such a crappy game ... and THAT garbage is NOT the way to make he happier about playing WoWS.

On top of that I've already had two games where I was effectively griefed by the bot sub pinging me non-stop but never firing a torp at me, making me take non-optimal actions in case there were torps headed my way and therefore resulting in me doing minimal damage.

End of (mild) Rant.

This is not new.  It has happened in co-op as long as I can remember.  Sometimes the bots, for whatever reason, just decide to leave their flank and if you're on that flank you pretty much get nothing for the match.

• Like 2

On 1/22/2024 at 6:11 PM, SunkCostFallacy said:

I was present and active for the entire game ... no disconnections or exits.

So I'm afraid you're 100% wrong.

Well, something changed... It's been 6+ months I've not played. Quite dumb change tbh. 

Just put it down to the wg badly monitoring all the players and the sloppy programming they use.

1984-Big-Brother.jpg

Edited by Chysagon

On 1/22/2024 at 6:08 AM, Admiral_Karasu said:

So... the bots are having more fun and engagement than we the players are. And they get all their ships for free!

The bots are much easier to keep contented.

Maybe that’s why they’re bringing bots to higher tiers in randoms, to jack up satisfaction numbers - WG will “send those one-button post-battle surveys to to the bots”: 

“How satisfied are you with the battle you just played?”

And the bot’s programmed reply: “Very satisfied. Thank you, sir, may I have another, sir?”

Edited by Utt_Bugglier
  • Haha 1

Some things to keep in mind when having envy of bots in the game.

1.  A bot can't walk away from the game when they are tired, a battle went against them (if you think you have a losing streak...), or they want to catch a movie.

2.  Bots don't get to choose their ships and don't receive upgrades or commanders skills to help them play.  They'll play what they're given, see?

3. Bots don't get chat privileges, and so cannot tell you what they really think of their teammates.  Bots don't get forum access so they can complain about their lot in the public domain.

4.  Bots don't get freebies.  They have to sit and watch players get all sorts of handouts and earn things while they sit on the sidelines.

5.  Bots get nothing but abuse and disrespect from the community, even when they valiantly sink enemy units against all odds.  Even when they happen to play better than some of their teammates (who will turn around and blame them after the battle for its outcome).

6.  Bots don't get pizza.

7.  Bots don't get invited to parties.

8.  Bots actually do have to worry when the light switch gets turned off at night.  So easy for the Custodian to flip the wrong switch....

9.  Bots don't get to customize their living space.  Bots don't get living space.  As a matter of fact, bots don't get much space at all (did you see how much space they give that operating system around here??).

10.  Bots don't get music to make the day better all around.

So, let not your heart be heavy when you lament your place in WOWS.  There are many bots who have it much worse than you.

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jakob Knight said:

Bots don't get chat privileges

Soon to be changing on the CIS servers...

Justice for bots!

😄

• Like 1

You obviously moved, since you got a cap.

You obviously shot, because you have main battery hits. 

So unless you did this in the first few min and then just sat the entire rest of the game doing nothing, then this is some bullsh*t. That being said, its WG. So duh. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would say submarines have left a bitter taste in the mouth of a good share of the player base. The losing interest part has been happening for a few years and that is also on WG.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1