Cesare laughs at T7

SoshiSone

I never feel bottom tier in this shp.

Kudos to the circled ships that spawned on the same side as myself.  They tanked a LOT of red shots while delivering punishing shots in return.  Gave me the luxury of pushing, then retiring without much attention.  And they absorbed a lot of mid game attention as I pushed back in to engage.  Then let me take point (I was near 100% while all but our sub were less than 50) on the final push.  And no way a Cesare could handle the enemy sub that spawned our side as well; they dispateched it without much help from me. Overall, definitely a team effort that made me look good.

ces.thumb.jpg.dd76925645f2e157a6bbb346a2543c28.jpg

• Like 4

GC or not, nice job at low tier.  That teamwork sounds fun.

Vastly overrated BB. It might be a little better overall than others decent stats everywhere, but it's such a small gap that barely matters. IMO after several recent buffs Cavour is easily the best T5 BB.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I've never felt underpowered in any T5 BB vs T7. One of my favorite times was when I citadelled a Gnies with my New York. That being said, Cesare adds that little bit extra so she's even more able to deal with higher tiers. Sad though that T5 and T6, with all thiose cool historical ships are now saddled with 2X subs and CVs almost every game. Takes the fun right out of it. 

Edited by Kalishnikat

GC with Sansonetti is ofc good, but I have another favourite at T5 König, have more than 1500 battles, fostered 2 full point (19,21) captains, my current is just on 16 but when you know your ship inside out more or less it is so nice. Now I do not say it is better than GC but I have played it so far more so it compensates.

Other great ship but at T6 which usually handles uptiering well is Izmail (and yes that is where I have my Kuznetzov!).

I do not think there is another Battleship of any tier that I have more "real" dev strikes against other Battleship i.e. deleted from at least 90 % health in one salvo.

A few days ago I played ranked when an enemy from a top tier clan were playing a Repulse (not the best ship)a little careless and landed 4 cits and enough more to delete a practically full health ship in one salvo, it was early in game but when you do that you know this game will be good.

That player was on R2 so near the end of the ranked cycle.

One can say that this is the moments you are playing the game for. Extra intresting is when there are Izmails on both teams, I am more respectful for Izmail of than any other battleship below T8, not that other ships can not hurt you but it is 12 guns which sometimes connect very painful.

Edited by Gnirf
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Gnirf said:

GC with Sansonetti is ofc good, but I have another favourite at T5 König, have more than 1500 battles, fostered 2 full point (19,21) captains, my current is just on 16 but when you know your ship inside out more or less it is so nice. Now I do not say it is better than GC but I have played it so far more so it compensates.

Other great ship but at T6 which usually handles uptiering well is Izmail (and yes that is where I have my Kuznetzov!).

I do not think there is another Battleship of any tier that I have more "real" dev strikes against other Battleship i.e. deleted from at least 90 % health in one salvo.

A few days ago I played ranked when an enemy from a top tier clan were playing a Repulse (not the best ship)a little careless and landed 4 cits and enough more to delete a practically full health ship in one salvo, it was early in game but when you do that you know this game will be good.

One can say that this is the moments you are playing the game for. Extra intresting is when there are Izmails on both teams, I am more respectful for Izmail of than any other battleship below T8, not that other ships can not hurt you but it is 12 guns which sometimes connect very painful.

Izmail is dangerous but must never ever show broadside or she will be instantly deleted.

12 hours ago, Gnirf said:

Sorry, but I have to contradict. First of all is Repulse an extraordinarily good ship at T6 IMHO. Very fast, very agile and lethal due to her fantastic main battery. Izmail on the other hand is completely overrated. Easy to kill when hit by plunging fire, hit broadside or plain and simple right through the bow (>38 cm). BTW, Sinop has similar issues.  

14 hours ago, OT2_2 said:

Sorry, but I have to contradict. First of all is Repulse an extraordinarily good ship at T6 IMHO. Very fast, very agile and lethal due to her fantastic main battery. Izmail on the other hand is completely overrated. Easy to kill when hit by plunging fire, hit broadside or plain and simple right through the bow (>38 cm). BTW, Sinop has similar issues.  

I found Ismail to be a one trick pony...you have to be facing bow in if you are taking fire.

Your stern and broadsides are very vulnerable. It made the transition from Pyotir Velicki really hard from a fun perspective, as you just don't have as many gameplay options.

• Like 1

The biggest issue with Izmail is her turret arrangement. She has incredibly fragile sides but the layout of her armament encourages you to over-angle to present more guns. Combine this with the fact that she is only armed with 14” guns… She’s nothing special, and is arguably the low point of the entire line.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1