How do you see stats in battle?

pew_pew_magoo

I’ve been in several games where players complain about their teams stats at the start of a match. I’ve even seen players go afk and give up because of subs, CVs or “terrible” teams. I can see my stats in my profile but they may as well be in Greek to me. How do all those numbers correlate to a players porfomance?

1 minute ago, pew_pew_magoo said:

I’ve been in several games where players complain about their teams stats at the start of a match. I’ve even seen players go afk and give up because of subs, CVs or “terrible” teams. I can see my stats in my profile but they may as well be in Greek to me. How do all those numbers correlate to a players porfomance?

They probably use a program called Match Making Monitor. If I recall it correctly, it presents the win rates, average damage, and few other metrics of all players in the match that are generally seen as important indicators of a player's skill.

If players in your team go AFK because they see that their team's average win rate is lower than the enemy's then the remaining players need to carry a bit more harder to compensate for the void made by the griefer. 

• Like 1

I believe such people are usually using mods that tell them in-game what stats people have.

Of course, you can also tab out of the game and check on something like WOWS Numbers, but that's a bit inefficient.

12 minutes ago, pew_pew_magoo said:

How do all those numbers correlate to a players porfomance?

Generally, people with a higher WR will be better players, *but* there are a lot of caveats etc. to that for any given game mode.

Good players can use MMM to make better informed decisions. Poor players will often use it as an excuse for their own poor performance. There has been a lot of debate over its usefulness and whether it is an overall good thing for the game over the years.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, pew_pew_magoo said:

You can see all the stats here - https://wows-numbers.com/ - in more detail than in-game. 

And people use WoWs Monitor or Potato Alert to see both team's stats. It's colour coded, so if they see their team is all red they may assume that the game is lost before it even starts (which is not always true). 

Edited by dommo77

By that site I’m doing pretty well. It looks like the average is below 50% for most of the categories. How’s that possible? Shouldn’t the mean averages be in the 50’s?

9 minutes ago, pew_pew_magoo said:

By that site I’m doing pretty well. It looks like the average is below 50% for most of the categories. How’s that possible? Shouldn’t the mean averages be in the 50’s?

If you summed up and weighted (by battle count) the average win rates of the entire population the weighted average would be slightly less than 50% (because the rare draw counts as a loss for both teams). When looking at just straight win-rate averages though, the high number of sub-50% players skews the data set.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

When looking at just straight win-rate averages though, the high number of sub-50% players skews the data set.

Skewed only if your goal is in calculating mean player win rate.

When they populate your team, the profusion of ineptitude is real.

• Like 1

Like others have said, match making monitor is program that piggy backs on wows.  
Stats in general have bearing on the game. They won’t deny or grant you access to any mode of gameplay. They are however the metro by which your skill at the game is judged. 

1 hour ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

Skewed only if your goal is in calculating mean player win rate.

Yes. That’s what my post says in response to the post I quoted - the average win rate of the population, which is skewed low because sub-50% players are much more common than players with >50% win rate. Thus, the average win rate is <50% when all players are weighed evenly - it is only if battle counts are accounted for that the win rate of the population approaches 50%, because very battle has the same number of winners and losers. The exception are the uncommon draws, which is why I mentioned that that win rate would be slightly under 50%.

Edited by Nevermore135