Roleplay?

Wulf_Ace

27 minutes ago, EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico said:

I feel like I'm being tested today. I asked to stay on topic. It wouldn't be a bad idea for you guys to use the offtopic section

https://www.devstrike.net/forum/14-off-topic/

to further talk about whatever you feel like that has nothing to do with WOWS. Please create your own topics or have a personal chat via PMs.

Thanks_World of Warships_trophy-icon_03-23-2022_.jpg

If we were to start seeing people here with those 'RP' tags, we'd probably need to have some sort of a roleplay/re-enactment sub-section for the forum.

35 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

If we were to start seeing people here with those 'RP' tags, we'd probably need to have some sort of a roleplay/re-enactment sub-section for the forum.

Might need two distinct categories.
The terms "roleplay" and "re-enactment" aren't the same and have different meanings and connotations, in my understanding.

I feel that re-enactment is the more specific activity and more acceptable by the "mainstream" of populations.

Roleplay is a broader term which covers more activity and isn't confined to historic re-enactments.  Roleplay can also involve not-safe-for-work content.

Neither is to be confused with Cos-play (Costume play), though Cos-play activity can be found in both roleplay and re-enactment activities on occasion.

I'm merely trying to prevent some potential issues, with this post.

Edited to add:
There is some "side humor" in the Warehouse-13 episode "Queen For A Day" wherein two Warehouse-13 employees are thought to be "Trekkies" at a Civil War re-enactment event.
This references events in Star Trek The Next Generation and has some references to Jeri Ryan (ST:Voyager) who guest-stars in the Warehouse-13 episode.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1991859/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time's_Arrow_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Might need two distinct categories.
The terms "roleplay" and "re-enactment" aren't the same and have different meanings and connotations, in my understanding.

I feel that re-enactment is the more specific activity and more acceptable by the "mainstream" of populations.

Roleplay is a broader term which covers more activity and isn't confined to historic re-enactments.  Roleplay can also involve not-safe-for-work content.

Neither is to be confused with Cos-play (Costume play), though Cos-play activity can be found in both roleplay and re-enactment activities on occasion.

I'm merely trying to prevent some potential issues, with this post.

Thank you for the clarification.

I myself might be more of a 'cosplayer'.

• Like 1