Roleplay?

Wulf_Ace

So maybe a strange question but lets say in World of warcraft there are people who do roleplays with their characters.

Are there people you know that do the same here?Like do people go in division of two and play Bismarck and Prinz Eugen, or some other real time ships that sailed together.

Maybe even do a training battle Bismarck vs Hood and others.

Would that be little too much?

There are.

There were recreation of Jutland even before the respective German and British battlecruisers were added (and have to find various ersatz substitutes like using Ishizuchi to play as British battlecruisers).

Newer ones include one I've just seen from CN Community: Operation Ten-Go, with Yamato, Yahagi and an assortment of Japanese-built destroyers pitted against Midway, Lexington, Hornet, Delaware, Kearsarge, Nebraska (to circumvent the 3 CV hard cap), Gato, Balao and some token US destroyers on the map of Okinawa. It was still organizing before actually carrying out the training battle though when I read about this.

• Like 1

Role-play exists in WOWS and there are clans who specialize in such. They usually put -RP / _RP into their clan-tags for easier identification.

How to engage or find those communities however I can't really help you with...

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico said:

Role-play exists in WOWS and there are clans who specialize in such. They usually put -RP / _RP into their clan-tags for easier identification.

How to engage or find those communities however I can't really help you with...

cant say that I ve seen anybody or see on the forum so far

I remember that there were a few topics about "reenactment" of battles in training rooms (in the old forums). 
A couple of youtube videos were made, as I recall.
But, I don't have links or names to help find them.  

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

I think this used to be sort of popular once, I think I even spotted some videos on forum, but can't find those anywhere now, of course. YouTube is pretty hopeless if you looking for something in particular, so is Google. Try search for 'wows' or 'worl of warships' related particular specific things and it will give you all sorts of search results half of which do not even have anything to do with WoWS to begin with.

Found a couple of clips that give you an idea what some people tried to achieve, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlFUMJau8IE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21FPw6uxptM

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I remember that there were a few topics about "reenactment" of battles in training rooms (in the old forums). 
A couple of youtube videos were made, as I recall.
But, I don't have links or names to help find them.  

Oh, you remember such ones too? What I was remembering and could not find was a narrated black and white training room re-enactment of the Battle of Jutland. No luck, though.

24 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Oh, you remember such ones too? What I was remembering and could not find was a narrated black and white training room re-enactment of the Battle of Jutland. No luck, though.

Yeah.   :::: sigh  ::::  

its funny that WG is incompetent to make a historic event but fully capable to make stupid event with ducks.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

its funny that WG is incompetent to make a historic event but fully capable to make stupid event with ducks.

You must have forgotten that with had plenty of historical events in WoWS. They just haven't had anything to do with the historical events in question apart from the name of the event.

1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

So maybe a strange question but lets say in World of warcraft there are people who do roleplays with their characters.

Are there people you know that do the same here?Like do people go in division of two and play Bismarck and Prinz Eugen, or some other real time ships that sailed together.

Maybe even do a training battle Bismarck vs Hood and others.

Would that be little too much?

Yes OFC there are

5 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

You must have forgotten that with had plenty of historical events in WoWS. They just haven't had anything to do with the historical events in question apart from the name of the event.

imagine WG people who work there.

lets make historic event?

nooo, why should we, lets  make stupid duck events beacouse people are playing WoWs beacouse of ducks not history, or do they think average wows player has 6 years old? People who work there obviusly dont play the game, dont have any touch with playerbase, dont have any idea why people even play this game, and have zero ideas for marketing or selling anything. So sad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

imagine WG people who work there.

lets make historic event?

nooo, why should we, lets  make stupid duck events beacouse people are playing WoWs beacouse of ducks not history, or do they think average wows player has 6 years old? People who work there obviusly dont play the game, dont have any touch with playerbase, dont have any idea why people even play this game, and have zero ideas for marketing or selling anything. So sad.

WG never actualy made an actuall historic event since at least end of 2016 (i joined then so IDK about what was before) the history twist is more of a lip service thing really, they dont actually give a flying f* about it and it doesnt interest them much... I mean its understandable since the USSR navy their "feeling of naval tradition" is drawing from was basically a joke untill like late 60-ies and especially during the timespan WOWS covers and its actuall naval engagement in WW 1 and 2 was peripheral at best so they dont really have much connection with this period

1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Jutland = Boomers and Ducks = "Likers"  (the "like" generation)  

Boomers want quality and Likers want constant, no thought action/change

Boomers have their own money and Likers use Mommy's credit card.

Boomers are dying off now and Likers are just now at the Universities around the world. 

BTW, visit a NACE sanctioned school and talk with the students about how they "train" for NACE events.   Most have a credit card mommy gave them for their "training costs" and those cards rack up between 300 to 600 USD a month.....  I visit the local NACE meetings and talk with those players a lot....  Just to see what will happen when AI games come out.......that may employ some really advanced sales paradigms....

Edited by Asym

32 minutes ago, Asym said:

Jutland = Boomers and Ducks = "Likers"  (the "like" generation)  

Boomers want quality and Likers want constant, no thought action/change

Boomers have their own money and Likers use Mommy's credit card.

Boomers are dying off now and Likers are just now at the Universities around the world. 

BTW, visit a NACE sanctioned school and talk with the students about how they "train" for NACE events.   Most have a credit card mommy gave them for their "training costs" and those cards rack up between 300 to 600 USD a month.....  I visit the local NACE meetings and talk with those players a lot....  Just to see what will happen when AI games come out.......that may employ some really advanced sales paradigms....

My money stays in my wallet. Any time I start playing I put my wallet in a wooden case. Lock it. Place it inside a large wooden chest with iron hinges, lock the chest. Wrap chains around the chest and lock that with a big padlock. 🔒Then I start gaming.

• Like 1

This topic is about "Roleplay". For discussions regarding monetization follow the link I provided.

1 hour ago, Asym said:

What is "NACE"?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

What is "NACE"?

Like you I haven't the foggiest. I Googled a bit, it could be the National Association for Catering and Events. Or not.

2 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I grok that some people are really into examining the battles that took place in the past and wouldn't mind reenacting them to try various "what if?" scenarios for entertainment and experimentation purposes.

That said ...

One of the things that *really* like and enjoy about World of Warships is that the ships of all nations can be placed on teams and work together to sail in a Scenario Operation or in a Co-op or a random battle or a special event battle.
I really like that the past political & government structures can be forgotten and that the ships can be appreciated for their own merits.
No judging, no discrimination, everybody gets to play.  Just like a variation of "sand-lot baseball" or a neighborhood game of football (a.k.a. soccer).
The "older big kids" teach the 'younger little kids" and the "score" is much less important than playing nicely together for fun.

The nations in-game are merely a way of organizing our ships.  Any ship on any given day can be picked to play for the fun of it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I grok that some people are really into examining the battles that took place in the past and wouldn't mind reenacting them to try various "what if?" scenarios for entertainment and experimentation purposes.

That said ...

One of the things that *really* like and enjoy about World of Warships is that the ships of all nations can be placed on teams and work together to sail in a Scenario Operation or in a Co-op or a random battle or a special event battle.
I really like that the past political & government structures can be forgotten and that the ships can be appreciated for their own merits.
No judging, no discrimination, everybody gets to play.  Just like a variation of "sand-lot baseball" or a neighborhood game of football (a.k.a. soccer).
The "older big kids" teach the 'younger little kids" and the "score" is much less important than playing nicely together for fun.

The nations in-game are merely a way of organizing our ships.  Any ship on any given day can be picked to play for the fun of it.

Here, I thought I was a Stranger in a Strange Land?  I think I hunted for whitetail deer on Jubal's property......

BTW, you should see the "new business practice Inventors" using the G word as if they actually know anything about it !!!  It's been around so long and used so much no one knows the etymology of the actual word........only what they paid for in a super duper, brand new business software process...!   It is outright comical to hand them a paperback book I usually take to new business practice conferences.....   (there is a set of three paperback books in my messenger back I carry to the conferences...)

Edited by Asym
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Asym said:

Here, I thought I was a Stranger in a Strange Land?  I think I hunted for whitetail deer on Jubal's property......

BTW, you should see the "new business practice Inventors" using the G word as if they actually know anything about it !!!  It's been around so long and used so much no one knows the etymology of the actual word........only what they paid for in a super duper, brand new business software process...!   It is outright comical to hand them a paperback book I usually take to new business practice conferences.....   (there is a set of three paperback books in my messenger back I carry to the conferences...)

I've read or heard about a number of the 'sci-fi" classics and vintage literary works about dystopia.
Also, in New Hampshire, I'm aware of a community that uses the word grok in their name.  https://granitegrok.com/

3 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I've read or heard about a number of the 'sci-fi" classics and vintage literary works about dystopia.
Also, in New Hampshire, I'm aware of a community that uses the word grok in their name.  https://granitegrok.com/

Pocono want a-be's

I feel like I'm being tested today. I asked to stay on topic. It wouldn't be a bad idea for you guys to use the offtopic section

https://www.devstrike.net/forum/14-off-topic/

to further talk about whatever you feel like that has nothing to do with WOWS. Please create your own topics or have a personal chat via PMs.