What is your opinion of Human Bots in game?

MysticalWar

6 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Seriously, in some battles they've outperformed some players.

SOME?? 😉

YcbhWmGfbbcu.gif.3e7d377c7b0314a53906a67a10fa94bf.gif

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

What about complimenting?

Seriously, in some battles they've outperformed some players.

A cheapo way for WG to test AI programming - report/comp ratio for the bot, if it gets a lot of comps it must be doing something right even if WG have no idea what.

See saves costs by making the players test the bots. 😕

Edited by Frakagin
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

I just saw that you can report a BOT??   

That is beyond comical.🤪

It’s part of selling the illusion. A lot of players will recognize that it’s a bot when they go to report/compliment the “player,” but many will likely not be paying enough attention to realize it’s an AI. I’m reminded of the occasional times I see someone raging against one of their teammates in chat followed by the inevitable amused comments that they are losing their minds over the actions of a bot, and that is with bot names being clearly distinguished from player names.

The whole purpose of this change in MK (not WoWs) is to obfuscate the fact that bots are so prevalent in low-tier Randoms and present a picture of an MMO game that is healthier than it actually is. Making it more difficult/complicated for players to spot the difference nicely serves that goal.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 3

For several years I've been wondering when the 'Bots will reply to our chat messages.  🙂 

It the game "Elite", the Thargoids would send radio messages to players, such as "We will make hamburgers out of your parking-meters!".

I agree with the notion that there is potential for the 'Bots to level-up and improve their game-play and their chat repertoire or even use sophisticated chat A.I. to make our lives "interesting".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Efros said:

Maybe they will threaten to taunt us once again!

giphy.gif  giphy.gif  

• Haha 1