Weekend Spree - 12-14 January 2024

Ensign Cthulhu

I think this picture speaks for the majority of what I got up to:

image.png.9cb7e740d239953e59acd3bc757efcf6.png

Also, quite how I managed to pull 2503 base XP and top the team in a ship I'd never taken into Randoms before yesterday is a mystery to me. 

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 1

Spent a good deal of time grinding CXP for the dockyard.  Got it all done on Friday, so the rest of the weekend was just casual play.

• Like 1

I ranked out of Bronze last night. Well, got to R1. Still have quals to get into Silver.

This was the first time I ever ranked out on my first shot at R1. It’s always been “get to the last star & lose,” sometimes several times, before putting enough wins together to get R1. Did it by winning seven of my final eight, and nine of my last twelve in Farragut.

Threw down a few resources to get the Elli last night. (Needed to get my first Greek ship) Got it after achieving R1. If I don’t qual into Silver, Elli will get its baptism of fire in the next Sprint.

Also:

Ground 280,00 CXP on Farragut’s captain on Friday night. Ground another 200,000 CXP for him on Saturday. That ground him to 20 points, and I had the ECXP to get him to 21.  

Edited by Utt_Bugglier
  • Like 1

Participated in Naval Battles.

Watched some Twitch Streams.  
Got distracted after typing "BRB" and subsequently didn't return in a timely manner.  Ooops.  Sorry about that.

Visited my Mom and relocated a large branch that had fallen from a tree and landed like a lawn-dart.
The branch was over ten feet long and was about nine inches in diameter at its widest, tapering to about 5 inches at the other end.
It had sunk the wide end into the ground by several inches and was leaning against the tree of its origin at an approximately 30 degree angle (from vertical, or 70 degree angle from the ground).
The reason it fell was because it was rotten and had become too weak to hold its own weight.
Thankfully it fell when no one was in the vicinity.  It landed near a playset/swingset that is used by children in spring/summer months.
Mom is planning for arborists to visit the property (in the future) and remove certain trees she deems a risk.

Posted in various forum topics.

Played some WOWs and some Star Trek Online.

Was notified by my local library that a book I'd requested is now available for pick-up.  (Ever After, by Kim Harrison.)
https://www.kimharrison.net/index.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Got distracted after typing "BRB" and subsequently didn't return in a timely manner.  Ooops.  Sorry about that.

Gobbled up by the internet! 🤣

• Haha 2

In other news.  I just finished the Dockyard mission to earn 150,000 XP while sailing a Submarine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

In other news.  I just finished the Dockyard mission to earn 150,000 XP while sailing a Submarine.

image.png.eb6cd282c8eb9374e7d38c46aca7c745.png

Run, Wolfie, they're coming for you! 😜

• Haha 1

Well. the weather outside was frightful, and Fallout 4 was delightful; and, as this topic goes, World of Warship simply blows, when it snows and is cold....  I really only played with our nightly division in Ops.  A few COOP matches to finish some small tasks.  And, helped the grandson with a videogame he is creating....  Code issues and 12 year olds and such stuff.  A curious part of his programming is that he is using ancient Arabic with the middle eastern characters (subtitled) and Aramaic (subtitled).  My task was to take screen shots to friends whom teach antiquities and see if the computer is rendering those languages correctly.....  SIgh.   I thought I was retired.....! 

Oh, testing another ancient topic.  Took the Buffalo robe outside and tested the "one blanket" theory of negative temperatures....  Took a Whitney 4 point blanket and my Buffalo Robe and took a snooze at -8 to see if some of the Historic survival theories work....  They do.  Was warm as a bug in a rug.  Now, you simply didn't carry that 65 Sq foot robe and a four point blanket around daily....!    But, it really works!   And, the Grandson decided when I pass, he wants that stuff......  Oh-Kay. 

Other than everything NOT world of warships was the order for the weekend (college basketball and Football took precedence and Grandson).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

9 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

image.png.eb6cd282c8eb9374e7d38c46aca7c745.png

Run, Wolfie, they're coming for you! 😜

No need.  🙂 
I was sunk multiple times by various players during the endeavor. 
My Thrasher got thrashed, often, during the grind to research the upgraded ping generator.

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

My Thrasher got thrashed, often

Wolfie back in port: "You're supposed to do the thrashing to OTHERS, you dumb boat!"

10 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Wolfie back in port: "You're supposed to do the thrashing to OTHERS, you dumb boat!"

Jests aside, the opposition has learned their ASW lessons, in my opinion.  Can't fault them for playing well.

43 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Can't fault them for playing well.

This is true. I had a battle on the weekend in which I chose my cover unwisely - it was not as much of a barrier to shells as I had expected it to be - and the enemy took full advantage. I had to own that one. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

This is true. I had a battle on the weekend in which I chose my cover unwisely - it was not as much of a barrier to shells as I had expected it to be - and the enemy took full advantage. I had to own that one. 

Another phenomena I encountered frequently while sailing a Tier-10 submarine was opposition ships with the Captain's Skill "Radio Direction Finding" (RDF).
Again, can't fault them for playing well.