How to counter subs as a surface ship?

Yedwy

a good sub-player has you by the virtual balls...

Metaphorically speaking with no pun intended...

If the game was a real-time strategy game; whereas, where you are in control of all the pieces on your side then subs and cv's can work...

so, don't expect miracles, and staying away from them is the best you can do...

I played a lot of German T10 submarine lately and I can say by experience that if the sub player have 2 working braincells you will bever get a hit in with ASW using the ping marker on the surface. I just laugh at the incoming airstrikes since they are not even close to my position and unless subguy is tard spamming pings for no reason ..... "One ping only Vasily" you will never know in what direction he is heading.

Even if sub guy is sitting completely still and pings its a good chance the ASW will miss since the marker is usually a bit away from the sub (for some WG reason)

Also if subguy has half a brain he pulls back a little and surface when you see the sub survailance comes of cooldown because then most red subs will use it instantly but then he won detect you because youre surface. And then you just ping him back and spot him with your 9km radar for all your team, and in this instance most sub commanders shit their pants and go even deeper (that wont help him) instead of just surface and go dark. 

Only way to kill a sub is if a new/unexperienced/skill-less player plays them, but considering thats most of the playerbase Ide say Subs are "Balanced by Playerbase"!

• Like 1