255000 commander exp!!!

pepe_trueno

11 hours ago, Otago_F111 said:

that is how everyone should play, to enjoy.

With the current av and especially subs, this game is less and less about fun 😃

In general, I was extra lucky - I got 2500 xp in 1 battle in ranks with Tirpitz.

Managed the cruiser and battleships - St Vincent with red (on 20 pts) and Mmarseille (14-15) w blue were the main contributors.

Last two days were heavy operations in Mainz/Bayard/Tirpitz/Annalt. 

Had some rather high base xp games that put me less than 500 xp away in both classes which I finished in a quick coop match. 

For this week I'm undecided upon doing more ops for the capt xp or just doing 3 classes of damage and work on the capt xp during the last week of Dockyard. 

Funny how people are telling others to put Boosters on, especially Blue or Red ones. Not everyone has them you know. I do, I use them, but telling people who don't have them to use them is just silly.  Sounds like you're being WG schills.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Colonel Potter said:

Funny how people are telling others to put Boosters on, especially Blue or Red ones. Not everyone has them you know. I do, I use them, but telling people who don't have them to use them is just silly.  Sounds like you're being WG schills.

Nah, it's just the rich being out of touch with most of the players.

31 minutes ago, Colonel Potter said:

29 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Yes, I know, some of us have been in the game for years and hoarded our best flags and camos rather than fitting them on every ship for every battle. I won't be made to feel guilty for that. We were all have-nots when we started.

Also, is it annoying the elephant in the room to state the obvious, that newer, less expert or less time-available players aren't going to have the time, the ships and the resources to finish everything? Been there too. 

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Also, is it annoying the elephant in the room to state the obvious

Kinda felt like I did that.  Pitfalls of the equity minded I guess.  A quick path to envy, not a healthy trait.

8 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

No, this comment was out of touch, and quite snotty.  I am now done explaining the obvious, and will now ask you a pointed question:  You have a fraction of the time/games invested that I do.  Do you really expect to have a similar wallet to me?

I hop on this forum mostly to learn something, and maybe occasionally help someone else.  Getting called out as rich and snotty could not be farther from the truth. 

• Like 5
  • Bored 1

2 hours ago, meatgrindr said:

No, this comment was out of touch, and quite snotty.  I am now done explaining the obvious, and will now ask you a pointed question:  You have a fraction of the time/games invested that I do.  Do you really expect to have a similar wallet to me?

I hop on this forum mostly to learn something, and maybe occasionally help someone else.  Getting called out as rich and snotty could not be farther from the truth. 

'Out of touch' is not the same as 'snotty'.

And no, I don't expect to have a similar wallet to you...which is why the advice given to just use blue and red boosters is out of touch. I can't use that strategy because I'm not as wealthy as you.

Telling a poor account to solve problems by being rich isn't at all helpful or conducive to the poor account learning.

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2024 at 3:51 PM, pepe_trueno said:

just passing by to throw a little tantrum about this ridiculous mision and back into grinding

Beats doin 50k BXP.  At least I can pull a min of 20k CXP a run in Op's.

Edited by Volron
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

'Out of touch' is not the same as 'snotty'.

And no, I don't expect to have a similar wallet to you...which is why the advice given to just use blue and red boosters is out of touch. I can't use that strategy because I'm not as wealthy as you.

Telling a poor account to solve problems by being rich isn't at all helpful or conducive to the poor account learning.

I'll just go ahead and apologize at this point, I apparently said something that didn't sit well with you.  I'm not sure what kind of conversation you were expecting to find with this topic's title,  but since you are not interested in my advice, maybe take some of your own and re-read your very first post in this thread.

Good luck out there.

7 hours ago, meatgrindr said:

I'll just go ahead and apologize at this point, I apparently said something that didn't sit well with you.  I'm not sure what kind of conversation you were expecting to find with this topic's title,  but since you are not interested in my advice, maybe take some of your own and re-read your very first post in this thread.

Good luck out there.

It's difficult to convey exactly how I feel on this subject in just text in small chunks.

This is much more of a bar conversation over like at least an hour.

I feel like we are both talking with a base of assumptions underlying our thoughts that is driven by inputs from outside of us (I detect a bit of the toxicity driven from the WG discord culture).

I'm still enjoying the game, and I don't grind it. That doesn't mean that I don't see how my increasing wealth detaches me from the experience of new and poorer accounts.

Ensign Cthulhu has, I think, the best advice to the new accounts...which is to set the expectation that they just won't be able to reach certain grind goals yet. His advice to build the diversity of the ships in port, and patiently advance is really good.

• Like 1

Late to the party. I guess there's no popcorn left?

Anyhow, almost done with mine. Just 10k or so left on my cruisers.

Not a single blue or red booster was harmed!

That said, the game has decided to boot me to the Timbuktu cluster where I'm seeing players literally from the other side of the world. Like straight through it, so I'm calling it a night. Will finish this grindy mess up tomorrow.

On 1/18/2024 at 1:56 AM, GandalfTehGray said:

For this week I'm undecided upon doing more ops for the capt xp or just doing 3 classes of damage and work on the capt xp during the last week of Dockyard. 

I'm going for three classes of damage because I'm on call for the rest of the week and that's not a good time to use blue or red boosters...

WOWS: "BATTLE STARTS."

Hospital pager: BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP. 

Me: "#$%^&*!!!"

While I'm doing that, though, I'll have 100% CXP boosters on all my T9 and T10 premium ships and I'll be whittling the CXP task down in preparation for when my on-call ends and I can mount the final charge on that task (probably next weekend's stream). I should have most of next directive's Ship XP task done by that time, and the rest should not be too hard.

Conveniently, my Brindisi needs her B hull researched while her captain, Sansonetti, is my next 21 point candidate*; so flagging her up and loading SXP on the ship and CXP on the captain will synergize beautifully. 

* He should have been at 21 already, but I found some time ago that WOWS' name options for Italy would allow me to create a commander with the same name as one of my grandfathers and sentimentality won out over reason.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 8:21 AM, Colonel Potter said:

I think it's more that I hoard them specifically for these events, when they changed the camos I had like 5k black boosters, 4k green boosters and about 1k blues and 30-300 reds (low on credits and xp but a lot of free xp and capt xp) 

If there's not an event running the most I use is a green xp boost on my grind ships. 

• Like 2

On 1/14/2024 at 12:49 PM, palestreamer said:

"It will take about 25 games with blue boosters to win 25 blue boosters."

I meant that humorously about the mindless grinds that we do. Actually its worse than I thought, this week's dockyard grind was 25 green ribbons for each stage. I didn't notice that next week's grind is for just 12 blue ribbons per stage. So 255000 captain xp is quite a few blue captain ribbons to "win" 12 blue ribbons back.

Tell me this: where did the Commander XP that you ground out go? 

On 1/18/2024 at 10:23 AM, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

what the ??????   we just got thru snowflake season in decemeber,, everybody should probably have some blue if not red boosters.....

39 minutes ago, Took said:

what the ??????   we just got thru snowflake season in decemeber,, everybody should probably have some blue if not red boosters.....

You would say that, but as somebody who only had 6 T10s to throw at it having played for approximately ten months... and who does not buy a single battle pass. Blues are in very short supply and the few reds I do see are almost always from clan battles. And if your random chances at blues mostly only landed on a couple hits of ship XP boosters? Well that is how the cookie crumbles. And those will be of next to no use in shoving commander XP.

The people sitting on the boosters to make this painless are either very longstanding established accounts or actively paying customers. I got through the previous week by hitting the 2500 bxp target and hard grinding my way down a freshly reset line for research points. Which means I got the commander XP without boosters acceleration by chasing research bureau points.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Took said:

I have the first ship collector flag, seven tier 10s...years of game experience with thousands of battles played.

I am not a new or poor account.

I received zero red boosters from the holiday event.

Your post is a good demonstration of how we older accounts are out of touch with the new players.

Expended all blues (100 ish) ... now on greens.  Completed last week's CXP slog and almost done with this week on dd's and cruisers only (doing damage at the same time).  All in co-op.  I'll be taking a break after this dockyard... well, if the server ever comes back up!  Perhaps the break has already started 😉 

Good luck.

12 hours ago, meatgrindr said:

I'll just go ahead and apologize at this point, I apparently said something that didn't sit well with you

Don't apologize your intitled to your opinion or point of view. Who cares what others think you did nothing rude or mean spirted.  

WeeGee just giving a not so suble nudge to use up all your blue boosters. You run out? We can sell you more in our fully stocked armory. lol

Hmm - might just finish off the Stage 3 of the Dockyard before it closes down...didnt spend any doubloons for starter packs this time, and really not that interested in the ship, so certainly not going out of my way to complete any of the missions.  Just playing for fun...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sonoasailor said:

really not that interested in the ship, so certainly not going out of my way to complete any of the missions

If you don't want the ship, this is the sensible approach. The only reason to finish these missions if you don't want her is if you're using them to motivate and track Commander and Ship XP grinds.

I have to admit, when the first PR Dockyard finished, I found myself half wishing they had left the directives up to complete (at leisure, with no prizes) for just that reason. 

• Like 1

Went and checked on my Epic store account that plays 2 games a month roughly but always gets the daily bonus/free items available. It is free to play and had the following amount of boosters. It has basically collected freebies for around 900 days as I used to have more time to put a few battles in a day. 

I feel even a semi active account or someone that would bother to put in codes would have at least a 100 more of the blue/greens in each. Even without premium it should only take 10-20 games which leaves plenty of boosters. 

Green Credits    Ship xp    capt xp     free xp

442                712       401           426

Blue  Credits      ship xp    capt xp     free xp

157                 62          220           22

Reds Credits      Ship xp   capt xp     free xp

1                         1           36             35

Well this weeks damage missions is at least a welcome relief, will probably be ready today or early tomorrow depending on playtime, now there is not the same pressure so I probably do other things, like cleaning and sorting out things that have been neglected for some days.

Edited by Gnirf