255000 commander exp!!!

pepe_trueno

If you are not getting the ship - then the rewards are a preference. To grind or to not grind. Grinding has an advantage of gaining experience and improving skill over many matches, with some rewards if not the ship. So I try to grind some of it and get some of the rewards and assess my progress.

• Like 1

the best advice is the title of this phase

With Neither Haste nor Timidity

at this point 16 days left on this one

also, you probably only need to finish 2 of the 5 with this requirement

don't kill yerslelf trying to get it done right away (haste)

keep steadily playing using what ever boosters you want * 

stop when you feel like it or have a long loosing streak

...but do play a lot. (nor Timidity)

with only a little luck you will see this one completed halfway thru the next phase, a pleasant suprise at the end of some game.

* i do most of booster grinding playing in ops and there are times of day & on the weekends when i hesitate to use the red or blue boosters because there is an influx of taters that dramatically lower the chance of victory.

enjoy the journey without obsessing over the destination.

Edited by derf
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

I gave up on the on the Experience requirements in the previous directives.  I'm not willing to spend any $$ on the ship at the end of the mission, so what's the point.  The Dockyard had just turned into one big booster sink.  

i don't spend douboons to finish either, the ships are usually underwhelming, and the doubs cost real dollars.

but i value the rewards right up to the end of the free stuff, which is mostly good stuff.

as for being a booster sink, this one in particular seems like no skin off my nose 'cause i have a lot of captains that 

i want to boost the rank of...this is exactly what these boosters are for.   it's a win...a reward for what i want to do anyway.

if it was ship XP then i'm running the ships that i need to for getting the next one in the tech tree, and of course premies can help on any of these missions

i ask myself how can i make these requirements work for me?

right up to the point where they ask for those doubloons.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, WildWind84 said:

Honestly - haven't boosters (have few green and few grey and that is all). Pissed off tonight with Bronze with t6, with including subs in bronze and with that missions cxp for 2 clases or 2500 xp in 1 battle+cxp in 1 clases... And also as I am mainly bb and cruiser player - heck how I supposed to do mission with torps?! Not good start of the year in wows... 

Diversify your fleet. Dockyards are the main reason why you should have a few of each ship type for missions like that. Coop is your friend. 

Generally you need a Torp Focus dd and a gun focused dd. 

HE spamming cruiser/AP focused cruiser. 

Battleships with quick reloading main guns/Battleship with good secondaries. 

46 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Diversify your fleet. Dockyards are the main reason why you should have a few of each ship type for missions like that.

I learned that the hard way in 2017. The only things I had at the appropriate tiers were British light cruisers. I gave up halfway through, having realized that my fleet composition combined with my beginner skill level was going to deny me completion, and concentrated on that diversification. Has paid HUGE dividends since. 

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 3

On 1/14/2024 at 10:51 AM, pepe_trueno said:

just passing by to throw a little tantrum about this ridiculous mision and back into grinding

Shouldn't be that bad tbh. I remember one stage I was getting 30k cxp with blue boosters. If you have good games and red boosters around then you got this easy!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Shouldn't be that bad tbh. I remember one stage I was getting 30k cxp with blue boosters. If you have good games and red boosters around then you got this easy!

Oh my....  The last Random battle I accidentally played was a stomp of stomps....  Even as the last ship standing, I was no where near 30K...  And, when I was playing Randoms FT, there weren't boosters....  Even if there were, there were so many stomps it wouldn't have mattered...!

Our host must like you cause the rest of us only, and I mean only, see one sided PVP games....

Pass.    And, us older players have thousands of them......thousands of them we only spend "if we want something...."  I'll stick to Operations where I average 18K a match.

Where does one get all these mega booster? Everyone saying throw them on..... I barely get any ever. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

Where does one get all these mega booster? Everyone saying throw them on..... I barely get any ever. 

Most of the people saying they have lots get them for either playing A LOT...or paying money.

Some of the competitive modes reward good boosters too.

Like most of life, it's easier to grind in WoWs if you are already rich than if you are poor or just starting out.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

Well, in my case, and probably many others, I have been around for a while, and did not use the expendable camos, econ signals, and "special" flags at the rate I accrued them.  At the conversion date, I had over 10k expendable camos, over 15k economic signals, and almost 5k of the special flags.  This converted into many boosters; 2-4k of every color and type, except red, where I received dozens to hundreds of those, depending on type.  I have always been frugal about using these items in the game, only using them when I feel I needed to, such as for missions, so they do tend to pile up.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, meatgrindr said:

Well, in my case, and probably many others, I have been around for a while, and did not use the expendable camos, econ signals, and "special" flags at the rate I accrued them.

Same here.

I converted quite a few of the reds to smaller denominations when the change first happened. I should perhaps have retained a few, but I use them very rarely as it is. 

26 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I should perhaps have retained a few,

You'll probably never miss them.  They are hard to come by, I covet them and hardly ever use them, save for those times when I am needing a big push at a deadline for something I want- which has only really ever happened once, OG PR.  I was right up to the deadline on that mother of a grind.  (I know, pre-conversion to boosters, but same methodology with the special flags back then).

255000 commander exp!!!

Commander XP isn't so hard to accumulate. But Free XP, THAT  takes time to accumulate, as it's only 5% of the XP gained.

18 minutes ago, meatgrindr said:

those times when I am needing a big push at a deadline for something I want- which has only really ever happened once, OG PR.  I was right up to the deadline on that mother of a grind.  (I know, pre-conversion to boosters, but same methodology with the special flags back then).

I took one look at that and realized that I would have needed every day of that patch entirely to myself to finish it. I quit early. I bought the Gorizia outright, played to win its doubloons back, and stopped at that point, happy with what I'd achieved. There is no way I'd ever have managed to get the price down as far as what I paid for it when they brought it back. 

The only times I've ever leaned solidly into Red boosters in the new system were during the Somme campaign, when I used Red credit boosters on subs to get the requisite 10 million credits (I was getting a lot of duplicates and I desperately needed those extra crates), and just this last week for the two CXP missions to get them out of the way before my on-call cycle began (I don't like to mount heavy boosts when I'm on call for obvious reasons). An additional justification is that I was going for 21 points on Halsey, and this mission finished that too. Insofar as the upcoming 295,000 CXP task is concerned, we've got two weeks to spread that over (I can take on an extra damage task to bypass it); and if I must, I'll do a late charge with blues to pick that one up, and red if I have to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sailor_Moon said:

Commander XP isn't so hard to accumulate. But Free XP, THAT  takes time to accumulate, as it's only 5% of the XP gained.

Indeed.  Plus, I seem to have the most numbers of boosters for CXP.  I like seeing FXP come out of crates.  Not short on it, but I do use FXP routinely on regrinds, getting the advanced hull right off the bat, then grind away.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mashed68 said:

There was an option during the summer anniversary event to exchange whatever one received for removing “snowflakes” for up to 125 (or thereabouts) of each of the blue boosters.  After that redeemed rest for the mediocre containers. 

5 hours ago, mashed68 said:

even blue boosters which you can get from missions and the BP for free give great rewards.

4 hours ago, meatgrindr said:

Well, in my case, and probably many others, I have been around for a while, and did not use the expendable camos, econ signals, and "special" flags at the rate I accrued them.  At the conversion date, I had over 10k expendable camos, over 15k economic signals, and almost 5k of the special flags.  This converted into many boosters; 2-4k of every color and type, except red, where I received dozens to hundreds of those, depending on type.  I have always been frugal about using these items in the game, only using them when I feel I needed to, such as for missions, so they do tend to pile up.

I had about a hundred camos at the change over. But that was before any premium ships or time, so I was credit desperate and used the credits towards ships and modules instead of replacement boosters. 

10 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

even blue boosters which you can get from missions and the BP for free give great rewards.

The missions and free BP do not give enough blue boosters to continuously grind things like a dockyard.

Just now, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

The missions and free BP do not give enough blue boosters to continuously grind things like a dockyard.

Unlucky, green are still good at least though. Won't be getting 30k a game but will still get good score if you perform.

On 1/15/2024 at 2:26 AM, Kratbowl said:

Me just playin' ranks without actual thoughts about that tasks. Only remember about that in the 1st half of a day, when ranks aren't available yet.

that is how everyone should play, to enjoy.

most players who's life is solely about tasks, missions etc. are addicted. just like alcohol or drugs. they must complete them to get the high or satisfaction.

I got over that in 2018. If I play 2 or 3 games a night and have a good game, win or lose it is fun. I enjoy playing many of my 430 ships and am below average. But I do know if I wanted to play my top ships only, then it would go up. but you must have a goal of some sort right?

My goal is to have my 182Tech tree ships that are above T4 to level 14 plus. 51% so far and 37% level 10-13.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

How long have you been playing?  Or maybe more appropriately- how many games have you played?  I have ground every line to T10 (working on the CV just released), ship count is 456 with multiple lines regrinding (tried to time it to have all my T10s available for the Christmas event- not credit smart, but I am okay on credits..so reset multiple lines after I dusted flakes).  My "initial" (from flakes) set of 15 Mega Santa crates yielded, among other things, 3 types of blue boosters totaling 100.  Just an example.  Also, like I said, I use them sparingly.  Since the conversion, my banks of blue boosters have actually increased; credits +793, XP +814, CXP +925, FXP +797.  Not sure what else to say.  I did start out differently that the average player- I was having such a blast playing a free multiplayer WW2 naval game with and versus other people that I didn't pay attention to all the fluff, just shooting ships and trying not to get sunk, and get the basics of the game down, almost all in PVP.  I was in zero hurry to advance the tech trees (4 of them, if I remember), I had so much fun in Clemson I was up to T7 in XP before I even bothered to look at the tree.  So by the time I took this game a little more seriously, I already had piles of stuff.  Our clan was also more active in Clan Battles early on, so XP's and achievements (that used to give rewards) would stack up fast.  

7 hours ago, Otago_F111 said:

ships that are above T4 to level 14 plus. 51% so far and 37% level 10-13.

What are these levels that you speak of? The commanders' points?

7 hours ago, Otago_F111 said:

most players who's life is solely about tasks, missions etc. are addicted. just like alcohol or drugs. they must complete them to get the high or satisfaction.

I like achieving things. Most people do. The fun part for me, especially in combat-related tasks, lies in picking the best ship for the job that's also the most fun or that I'm working on, and in bending the event to suit my agenda. So far it's "forced" me to complete two ship grinds that have been languishing since God knows when and to get one of my special captains to 21 points.

Please, Brer Fox, don't throw me in the briar patch. 😎

6 hours ago, meatgrindr said:

How long have you been playing?  Or maybe more appropriately- how many games have you played?  I have ground every line to T10 (working on the CV just released), ship count is 456 with multiple lines regrinding (tried to time it to have all my T10s available for the Christmas event- not credit smart, but I am okay on credits..so reset multiple lines after I dusted flakes).  My "initial" (from flakes) set of 15 Mega Santa crates yielded, among other things, 3 types of blue boosters totaling 100.  Just an example.  Also, like I said, I use them sparingly.  Since the conversion, my banks of blue boosters have actually increased; credits +793, XP +814, CXP +925, FXP +797.  Not sure what else to say.  I did start out differently that the average player- I was having such a blast playing a free multiplayer WW2 naval game with and versus other people that I didn't pay attention to all the fluff, just shooting ships and trying not to get sunk, and get the basics of the game down, almost all in PVP.  I was in zero hurry to advance the tech trees (4 of them, if I remember), I had so much fun in Clemson I was up to T7 in XP before I even bothered to look at the tree.  So by the time I took this game a little more seriously, I already had piles of stuff.  Our clan was also more active in Clan Battles early on, so XP's and achievements (that used to give rewards) would stack up fast.  

Been playing since 2017.

4047 random battles

154 ranked battles

290 co-op battles

Lots of operations and special modes like Asymmetric and the like.

You are making the point I made earlier in the thread....the richer you are in game, the easier it is to gain more riches. Typical to this game and to life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Been playing since 2017.

4047 random battles

154 ranked battles

290 co-op battles

Lots of operations and special modes like Asymmetric and the like.

You are making the point I made earlier in the thread....the richer you are in game, the easier it is to gain more riches. Typical to this game and to life.

Well, so there's the difference.

15, 752 Randoms

11,892 Co Op

507 Ranked (new)

886 Ranked (old)

That's quite a few games in a little over 8 years.  This is also the only game I have played during that time.  I mean, even before we talk about resource management, I should have earned far more rewards than you, right?  On top of all this, comparing our game counts, it might be a fair assumption that I have completed more missions, dockyards, and other events to gain even more stuff.

I know there are players out there with numbers that make mine look puny.  I can only imagine that they have nothing left to spend their currencies on, lol.