Soshi's first Tiger Post

SoshiSone

Now this is really starting to feel like the old NA forum…

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

Came in clear ahead of all the Tier 10s, including a test ship and a tech-tree BB so strong it suffers from bans in competitive.

Glad to have you on board, Soshi. Boggzy drove the T'59 on the NA stream on Wednesday to showcase it; did you catch that? (Not that you have anything to learn from it - you've been the resident Tiger 59 expert for quite some time - just whether you had anything to add what he said.)

6 hours ago, SoshiSone said:

Oh well...

shot-23_08.24_23_21.24-0690.thumb.jpg.f230936eccdd0f82b66eeed490e6c2ca.jpg

Those stomp games have become so common over the last few days on the ASIA Server. The games are decided on the first eight minutes with most players YOLOing in without a care.

Congratulations out-scoring all those BBs on your team.

Edited by majmac

I take it that this is a solemn Tradition from the NA forum? Could someone outline - for the EU folk - how this works, please?

The obvious hypothesis is that when someone does something terrible, they are required to play a battle in Tiger '59, as penance for whatever hideous thing it was that they did? Sort of a WOWS equivalent to a hundred Hail Maries?

2 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I take it that this is a solemn Tradition from the NA forum? Could someone outline - for the EU folk - how this works, please?

The obvious hypothesis is that when someone does something terrible, they are required to play a battle in Tiger '59, as penance for whatever hideous thing it was that they did? Sort of a WOWS equivalent to a hundred Hail Maries?

Soshi just has an unnatural affection for that ship

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Ah, I see! Laughing.gif.b044d50fbbe2c1b33e52e3a4ae4ba046.gif

6 hours ago, SoshiSone said:

Oh well...

shot-23_08.24_23_21.24-0690.thumb.jpg.f230936eccdd0f82b66eeed490e6c2ca.jpg

Welcome Soshi! Caught you in a game about a week ago. I said hi in chat but I think you were busy. LOL. Good to see you on here.

On 8/25/2023 at 5:56 PM, yss_turtleship said:

Welcome Soshi! Caught you in a game about a week ago. I said hi in chat but I think you were busy. LOL. Good to see you on here.

Yeah, I miss a lot of chat.  If I see a call out, I'll respond.  If I don't respond, I didnt' see it. Sorry.  I have a lot of really intense games and am super focused and sometimes, I just don't get a chat scan in until it scrolls off.

On 8/25/2023 at 5:38 PM, Wye_So_Serious said:

IMHO, Tiger 59 is the most underated T8 in the game.  It has a very unique play style.  Once figured out, it can be a very powerful ship beyond the sum of its parts.  It's a force multiplier, so no problems in T10 games.  In fact, I often prefer T10 becuase everyone is so cautious which actually makes the Tiger job easier.  With an open cap (no terrain) there is no other ship in the game that can push to contact as effectivrely as Tiger 59.

But the key is to learn how it works.  Play it like any other cruiser and it will dissappoint. But play to strength considering what the match maker gives you, the map in play, and the dispositoin of forces...and its a great ship.  Perhaps the number one skill/experience you need is knowing how to manage incoming torps in the absence of hydro while sitting in smoke.  On the plus side, when on the hunt, you know the direction they're coming from.

Also, I take advantage of the concealment/radar match.  I can push to contact...smoke/radar and guarantee a hit (on any surface ship or sub on surface).  The AA reaches to air detect range and has more punch than the stats suggest.  I have no worries about any CVs...I'm even OK with T10 CV.  It's not an AA masterpiece like some cruisers, but it's not a push over either. 

Oh, and you gotta know all the ships with radar and their ranges.  Just like a DD player, gotta keep track of where they're at.  That's why push to contact on an open cap is so effective.  Radar cruisers are looking for terrain to hide behind.  I bring my terrain (smoke) with me.  So I'm the only cruiser pusing the cap, which turns it into a DD hunt (which is where team is critical).

Oh well, I could write a book.  Figure it out, and you will do well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, SoshiSone said:

Yeah, I miss a lot of chat.  If I see a call out, I'll respond.  If I don't respond, I didnt' see it. Sorry.  I have a lot of really intense games and am super focused and sometimes, I just don't get a chat scan in until it scrolls off.

No worries. I'm the same way at times. I'm still working on making sure I'm paying attention to the minimap.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 5:38 PM, Wye_So_Serious said:

I may or may not know a thing or two about something like affection for ships....

BuffCaliAlreadySml.jpg.6bac16ee3714addbb35c4d7997234c36.jpg

Maybe. 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/25/2023 at 12:38 PM, Nevermore135 said:

Now this is really starting to feel like the old NA forum…

Yep, it's basically like "Welcome back @SoshiSone" instead of "Welcome" 😛

• Like 2