Anchorage

clammboy

I just got the Anchorage in a Christmas container. Is she a good ship I never really see it being played much?

It was a dockyard ship I believe one of the few I never got. Can anybody comment on her good or bad thanks?

39 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I just got the Anchorage in a Christmas container. Is she a good ship I never really see it being played much?

It was a dockyard ship I believe one of the few I never got. Can anybody comment on her good or bad thanks?

She's alright, offers kind of a unique playstyle but isn't game breaking or outstanding.

10 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

She's alright, offers kind of a unique playstyle but isn't game breaking or outstanding.

Ok thanks Bob I kind of figured that I never really see her being played or talked about.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Ok thanks Bob I kind of figured that I never really see her being played or talked about.

No problem, I'm here to help!

IMO not that great. It’s more or less a smoke Buffalo hull at Tier VIII, with torps. And because it’s a Buffalo hull, you also get Buffalo maneuverability that’s decent at Tier IX but on the poor side for Tier VIII — useable speed and rudder shift, but terrible turning circle comparable to the Russian cruisers.

It uses the non super heavy AP shells from Wichita and Pensacola/New Orleans and has a much longer reload. She still has the alpha strike advantage over the other US cruisers but loses the DPM fight. And you still have the higher smoke firing penalty because of the larger caliber guns so your smoke farming gimmick is more limited than something like Flint.

You have Fletcher torps with decent reload, but very limited firing angles, so you need to be almost completely broadside to fire them. Unlike other US cruisers you don’t have great AA either. 

It’s got a unique play style and consumable set, but not a particularly great ship. If I was going to play a smoke cruiser I’d take something like the Pan Asian or British cruisers first, or even Rochester if I wanted a US heavy cruiser. Outside flake season, I’ve basically never played mine and rarely see it in the wild. And with bonus flakes, I haven’t even needed to play it since Christmas 2022 (and the only reason I did then was because of the 1 extra steel you got from the clan bonus rounding up that the bonus flakes didn’t give).

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Thanks 1