Incredibly - WG changed DevBlog article after 1 day - Massachusetts and Musashi will NOt bet even moderate buff...

Leo_Apollo11

18 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Massachusetts and Musashi

These don’t need buffs. 2 of the best ships in their tier. If anything they could use a nerf. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

This is par for the course with WG’s communications with the playerbase, no extenuating circumstances required.

Yup, we've been officially miscommunicated by WG... again.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Type_93 said:

These don’t need buffs. 2 of the best ships in their tier. If anything they could use a nerf. 

Again, this is a weak point to make because many OP ships in the game have completely standard ASW range and literally no one had any problem with them doing so. Ships like Lenin and Belfast have comparable or even higher win rates than these ships, and WG never had an issue giving them the regular ASW range for their tiers.

Ships that are subject to balancing but still regarded as OP, like Petropavlovsk or St. Vincent, have never had their ASW range reduced to balance them being strong against everything else.

People should stop saying that ASW range is being used to balance Massachusetts and Musashi because there is no consistency whatsoever.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 5:26 PM, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

WG Ninja's or WG Yakuza? I think they are Yakuza.  I find this one funny with the humor it shows. Bring your garlic.

That looks entertaining, in a cheesy manner.  🙂  
Reminds me a little of "Dead Sushi" and "Kung-Fu Hustle" in certain ways. 
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2396429/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373074/

Edit:  01-09-2024.  I watched Yakuza Apocalypse, last night.  It was okay.
Dead Sushi and Kung-Fu Hustle were better and more entertaining.  But, as low-budget Japanese gangster genre films go, Yakuza Apocalypse was an interesting writing concept recipe with a big dollop of silly humor and a sprinkling of low-budget blood-spatter horror mixed in.
For the curious, I watched it on ROKU.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 2

LOL a discussion is going on about the ASW range of a ship type that didnt have ASW, while attempting ASW  in the ships that actually did it is often suicidal.  This is only going to get worse when subs are able to easily outmaneuver most DDs.

The contortions WG is writhing through to sustain the submarine implementation is laughable. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Pugilistic said:

The contortions WG is writhing through to sustain the submarine implementation is laughable. 

Same as with CVs, treir sole concern is the "popularity" of their project, nothing else matters

Edited by Yedwy
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Pugilistic said:

LOL a discussion is going on about the ASW range of a ship type that didnt have ASW, while attempting ASW  in the ships that actually did it is often suicidal.  This is only going to get worse when subs are able to easily outmaneuver most DDs.

These changes to the subs are only a show to make it look like WG is doing something, but in fact doing absolutely nothing, at least nothing good for the surface ships.

These issues they claim to be adressing was in all the feedback they got before they introduced them, this wont change that in any way most likely make worse for any one else then the Subs.

Subs are the clownboats of WOWS, just like the EBR`s are the clowncars of WOT.

WG was warned that subs was not ready to be introduced but they simply did not care and persisted anyway, just as they did with the CV rework, back then they did get a lot of warnings but ignored it completely.

Any way they dont care about feedback from the players they never did, i would be very surprised if we get anything else then a oops we miscommunicated “excuses” on monday if we get anything at all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 1/6/2024 at 8:31 AM, Wulf_Ace said:

this company has something against its own players, they love to do exactly opposite of what players tell them as feedback, I dont know why they do that

To emphasize the fact that you don't run the show? 😜

19 hours ago, Pugilistic said:

Wazz  U mean comrade? All working as intended.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Wazz  U mean comrade? All working as intended.

Flamu!

Everyone take a shot!

• Haha 2

Hi all,

Answer on Reddit:

First, we would like to apologize: this DevBlog had a typo in ASW parameters for Musashi and Massachusets. We corrected that typo later but, unfortunately, didn't inform players about this change.
DevBlogs are prepared during the active development stage, so the information there is not final and sometimes there can be errors. For the sake of transparency, we will make notes in DevBlogs if there are any major changes there, starting with this one.

Again, we apologize for any confusion or frustration that this situation caused you.

Leo "Apollo11"

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

@Leo_Apollo11, thanks for the update/post.

I'm not overly critical of WG here or in private, but this is really a headscratcher. 

(1) This "notice" was published on reddit by "wows_official" and NOT on the WoWs Discord - only YOU made people aware of it on what I thought was the "official" mouthpiece (Discord) via a link (sure you're not part of the WG staff 🤣?)

(2) Why, during the "typo" correction on the devblog was there not a small box under the corrections with the same-like statement?  It would have pretty much eliminated any future discussion - we made a mistake, we let you know upfront, end of story.

This basically is first semester PR 101 - How to Communicate With Your Customers.  It is nice to see the statement "For the sake of transparency, we will make notes in devblogs if there are any major changes there, starting with this one". 

Really, what and how many times does it take to get your communications to your customer base straight?

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

I'm not overly critical of WG here or in private, but this is really a headscratcher. 

(1) This "notice" was published on reddit by "wows_official" and NOT on the WoWs Discord - only YOU made people aware of it on what I thought was the "official" mouthpiece (Discord) via a link (sure you're not part of the WG staff 🤣?)

(2) Why, during the "typo" correction on the devblog was there not a small box under the corrections with the same-like statement?  It would have pretty much eliminated any future discussion - we made a mistake, we let you know upfront, end of story.

This basically is first semester PR 101 - How to Communicate With Your Customers.  It is nice to see the statement "For the sake of transparency, we will make notes in devblogs if there are any major changes there, starting with this one". 

Really, what and how many times does it take to get your communications to your customer base straight?

Indeed.

Of course, there is an advantage to WG to intentionally obfuscate their communications with their customers...because WG profits by information availability asymmetry...but that presupposes an business strategy that views players as dupes and rubes.

Sadly, the longer WG insists on merely apologizing for communication mistakes rather than fixing the underlying issues...the more clear it becomes that the miscommunications are intentional and WG staff really do give the players that much disrespect.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

The WG corporation is not contiguous organization it seems....  This ^^^^ is a symptom of <<<< that assertion.  Which, does not bode well for us.  "Too many mind" comes to mind and we are the ones that will get screwed - over and over again.   

There is no excuse for this kind of behavior and it is quite clear we are dealing with a fractured corporation.  IMO, not a world class team.

Edited by Asym
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

They simply hope no one noticed, and then communicated it on Reddit 😂

I am lost for words

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Really though, this is all just old news.

WG is doing nothing they haven't done before...and will probably continue doing.

At this point all this gets from me is a resigned sigh. WG continues to persist in the idea that being shady and lazy will make them more money.

Maybe they are right.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

What if it was one glorious person inside WG, hell bent on giving the player base something they want. And so they implimented the change, and top brass found out. Now they've been fired, are sleeping with Davey Jones, and WG is back to normal just like that.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HogHammer said:

My guess is that WG posted the notice on Reddit because they don’t control the platform. Staff and Moderators can simply delete/bury any mention of the edit on the official Discord and pretend that it never happened.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 3

People here are acting like the development blog is an official contract between Wargaming and its user-base instead of what it is -- a blog of ideas they are mulling over before cementing them into the next update.

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

My guess is that WG posted the notice on Reddit because they don’t control the platform. Staff and Moderators can simply delete/bury any mention of the edit on the official Discord and pretend that it never happened.

My own suspicion is there are two camps within WG.  One thinks that Discord is the venue of choice all WOWS players go to for their information and that any meaningful discourse will happen there.  The other believes the same of Reddit.  Both are different departments from the one that posts things on the Webpage, so we end up with things showing up in one of three places online, depending on who is writing and distributing the information that day.  WOWS upper management leave the situation as-is in order to keep players on as many social media services as possible to generate traffic in each and engender the idea that players will miss important information if they aren't actively reading all WOWS material on every site daily.

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

People here are acting like the development blog is an official contract between Wargaming and its user-base instead of what it is -- a blog of ideas they are mulling over before cementing them into the next update.

It’s an official WG communication, and such sloppiness (typos, “miscommunications,” translations errors, whatever you want to call it) is not a good look for such a company. This is also far from the first time such a thing has happened.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

image_2023-08-20_175043893.thumb.png.aa02cc7df3ce36c0993c1ced11a4a038.png  Or, "Oh WeeGee.  You've done it again."

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

It’s an official WG communication, and such sloppiness (typos, “miscommunications,” translations errors, whatever you want to call it) is not a good look for such a company. This is also far from the first time such a thing has happened.

"Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing. The final information will be published on our game's website." -- WG development blog

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Bored 2

11 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

"Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing. The final information will be published on our game's website." -- WG development blog

Irrelevant. You’re missing the point. WG didn’t publish preliminary changes and then alter them in a subsequent Dev blog. Nothing changed during testing. People would not be happy if that had happened (because a lot of players aren’t happy with the ASW of the two ships in question), but that would not draw the same type of critiscism.

Instead, by their own admission WG released the wrong information (they are calling it a “typo,” when it really was likely a preliminary version of the Dev blog that wasn’t intended for release). This follows the recurring pattern of WG fumbling their attempts to communicate with the playerbase through sloppy quality control, and as I said it is a terrible look for such a large company.

Also, amusingly enough, this is currently in the Dev blog:

2C7CB436-90EF-4234-BC3D-133A0453598D.thumb.jpeg.536e7eb803ae27af83739f69425a8a25.jpeg

They can’t even get the correct date associated with the correction they made.

Who is proofreading these?

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3