Are You a WoWs Twitch Streamer?

HogHammer

9 hours ago, meatgrindr said:

Hey, I'm glad this thread popped back up.  Here is what I know about this streaming stuff (warning-dumb questions otw..):  I go to twitch, click on the WOWS one if active, otherwise I click on the ones with high viewer numbers, a couple of them in case they stop streaming and I don't notice, I then minimize the screen and play while these run in the background to collect the loot.  So, admittedly, there are a few very basic things I don't understand about it- 

1-terminology of "follow", "subscribe", etc.

2-loot progress bar, when it shows up, seems glitchy with no correlation to actually getting loot.  Have to go to the loot collected page to see what's happening.  Same for everybody?

3-I've seen mentioned about not muting or minimizing the stream or the progress bar stops.  My experience is sometimes, sometimes not.

4- ettiquette- is it bad form for me to click on a stream and minimize it for hours?  I would rather click on streamers I see here on the forum, but not if there is some annoying factor to my habit as above (ie- am I expected to interact or something?).

Thanks for any assistance.

1 Following is an opt-in action on the part of a viewer.  Essentially, if you like their content, it is a way of "favorite-ing" them in your personal Twitch environment.
1a.  Some Twitch streamers require a person to "follow" in order to particpate in their chat.  This is called "Followers only chat", as I understand it.
1b.  You can un-follow someone just as easily as following them.  

2.  Getting "Twitch drops" often involves a process to "link" your World of Warships account and your Twitch account.
(It's not too complicated, but would involve a lot of unnecessary typing on my part for what you can find with a quick internet search.)
2a.  After properly getting your accounts linked, then viewing qualifying content on Twitch will generate progress on the relevant Twitch Drops events.
This can be viewed in your "drops" menu in your twitch environment.
2b.  Usually things work okay.  Glitches have been known to happen.  Sometimes it's merely a "delay" while the computers and programs are processing things.

3.  If I want to ensure my viewing is earning progress towards drops, I don't minimize my Twitch phone app.  (It works for me.  Might be more than is necessary?)
3a.  It's okay to turn the volume down to as little as 1%, though.
3b.  To assuage my personal wondering of whether or not my viewing is earning rewards, I endeavor to type something in chat periodically.

4.  It's okay to tune-in to a stream and walk away.  
4a.  Usually people who doing that will type !lurk before they walk away.
4b.  I've tuned-in to streams and then proceded to work on personal projects in my basement workshop.  

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

who stole my ribbons lol . ill have to look into that 

They render onto the screen more slowly.  Be patient.  🙂 

only did an 1 3/4 hr stream tonight in randoms finally got to seattle now 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

only did an 1 3/4 hr stream tonight in randoms finally got to seattle now 

I was mowing my lawn and away from my phone, which notified me of your stream after it was over.  
I'll try to catch you another time.  🙂 

• Like 1

@Gaelic_knight, @meatgrindr, @BOBTHEBALL, @Wulf_Ace, @Ensign Cthulhu, @Wolfswetpaws, @thornzero, @Justin_Simpleton

I just created this in the clan and clubs section -

The main purpose is to help and promote your streaming channel.  This will also allow you to create an event when you stream to notify forum members.  Streaming, especially if you are new to this format, can be somewhat of a challenge.  Your comments and input can help others get off on the right foot and help the more experienced streams fine-tune their efforts.  You can discuss the hardware used, what you find as the best, easiest to use streaming software and the recommended extensions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

@Gaelic_knight, @meatgrindr, @BOBTHEBALL, @Wulf_Ace, @Ensign Cthulhu, @Wolfswetpaws, @thornzero, @Justin_Simpleton

I just created this in the clan and clubs section -

The main purpose is to help and promote your streaming channel.  This will also allow you to create an event when you stream to notify forum members.  Streaming, especially if you are new to this format, can be somewhat of a challenge.  Your comments and input can help others get off on the right foot and help the more experienced streams fine-tune their efforts.  You can discuss the hardware used, what you find as the best, easiest to use streaming software and the recommended extensions.

and how can we post our stream is live or is this section still work in progress @HogHammer

Enjoyed a stream to-day from Ensign Cthulhu - cheers for a good experience.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, thornzero said:

Enjoyed a stream to-day from Ensign Cthulhu - cheers for a good experience.

Viewed @Ensign Cthulhu's stream along with you.
Good to see you and @Jakeshuffle there.  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1