Arms Race - More Dynamic Battles?

Daniel_Allan_Clark

I admit to being worried when Arms Race debuted in randoms. I thought it would make the game too silly and too arcade.

What I've found though is that Arms Race is my favorite randoms mode. Yes, it is silly...but it also presents a rather dynamic set of positional conditions, that keeps me on the move in my ships.

The buff mechanic of semi-random locations and timings means the optimal position of your fleet changes every few minutes. Rather than the other modes which favor static, often hull down positioning...the buff drops offer opportunities for more dynamic sailing.

What do you all think?

Is there a way to utilize this mechanic without offering ship buffs? Perhaps having the air drops be point drops instead?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I admit to being worried when Arms Race debuted in randoms. I thought it would make the game too silly and too arcade.

What I've found though is that Arms Race is my favorite randoms mode. Yes, it is silly...but it also presents a rather dynamic set of positional conditions, that keeps me on the move in my ships.

The buff mechanic of semi-random locations and timings means the optimal position of your fleet changes every few minutes. Rather than the other modes which favor static, often hull down positioning...the buff drops offer opportunities for more dynamic sailing.

What do you all think?

Is there a way to utilize this mechanic without offering ship buffs? Perhaps having the air drops be point drops instead?

I love all the buffs lol, lots of more damage to farm and games last longer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

I love all the buffs lol, lots of more damage to farm and games last longer.

Indeed. Part of the reason I like it as well.

3 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Indeed. Part of the reason I like it as well.

More damage, more rewards lol.

What I think is that AR throws that little semblance of balancing out the window by introducing those buffs esp the heal buffs, yes they nerfed it from the first iterations but the principle still applies, for instance many mid tier ships and most high tier destroyers that have heals on theirown pay for those by getting the nerfhammer in other departements (usually dpm) and in this mode stuff that has buffed plate and or gun dpm gets a "free heal" and even extra damage etc...

Complete sh*tshow