Can I play on the EU server with my current username?

Justin_Simpleton

I was wondering if I could go over the the EU server and kick Trenlas and Flambas in the rear with my BBs (and maybe team up with Flamu).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I was wondering if I could go over the the EU server and kick Trenlas and Flambas in the rear with my BBs (and maybe team up with Flamu).

If your current account is registered on the NA server then no, you'd have to make a new EU account to do those things.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

As stated, you can't. However, you can join the PTS and try your luck there.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Tell WG customer service that you currently live in Europe and provide proof that you are in Europe, and then you can migrate your account to the EU server.

On 2/15/2024 at 10:33 PM, Kawaii_shirasu_azusa said:

Tell WG customer service that you currently live in Europe and provide proof that you are in Europe, and then you can migrate your account to the EU server.

Well, I don't know. There was a limited time offer, you can find the details here.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/server-2-server/

I really don't know if they offer that option on a regular basis, or if they are going to be offering this at some later date. CS should be able to say how it is.

• 2 months later...
On 2/23/2024 at 10:34 AM, Admiral_Karasu said:

There was a limited time offer

Yes, if I recall, well before the horrid CV 'rebork'. I used it to transfer both my accounts, NA to EU (my original main) & EU to NA (my one alt). I doubt War Failing will offer this again but one never knows. As to your account name, No - you cannot use the same exact name (although you should be able to, ofc). Is why Aethervox is now Aethervoxx (my present EU moniker). 😁

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

Yes, if I recall, well before the horrid CV 'rebork'. I used it to transfer both my accounts, NA to EU (my original main) & EU to NA (my one alt). I doubt War Failing will offer this again but one never knows. As to your account name, No - you cannot use the same exact name (although you should be able to, ofc). Is why Aethervox is now Aethervoxx (my present EU moniker). 😁

You can have the exact same user name on all servers, provided it is not taken by someone else prior to you moving or creating a new account.

• Like 2

On 5/9/2024 at 12:11 PM, Admiral_Karasu said:

You can have the exact same user name on all servers, provided it is not taken by someone else prior to you moving or creating a new account.

Yes,

On 5/9/2024 at 11:24 AM, Aethervox said:

As to your account name, No - you cannot use the same exact name (although you should be able to, ofc). Is why Aethervox is now Aethervoxx (my present EU moniker).

This is incorrect.

https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1040954735,Unlooky/?

https://asia.wows-numbers.com/player/2040820396,Unlooky/

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 12/31/2023 at 10:37 AM, Justin_Simpleton said:

The answer is "maybe".  You can't with your same account - you need an EU account - but if you make one, your current user name may or may not be available.

I made an EU account and tried to use iDuckman.  Someone had made an account with that name, played a half dozen Tank games, and never came back.  So five years later I couldn't be iDuckman on EU.  I'm iDuckman_eu there now.

On 2/23/2024 at 7:34 PM, Admiral_Karasu said:

I really don't know if they offer that option on a regular basis, or if they are going to be offering this at some later date.

I once requested this, about two years ago, to get my na account transferred to eu. CS said the account migration option, as you mentioned, was a one-off thing, might come back but don't hold yer breath.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

I once requested this, about two years ago, to get my na account transferred to eu. CS said the account migration option, as you mentioned, was a one-off thing, might come back but don't hold yer breath.

I wonder if, at some point, they'll start merging the servers. With multiple accounts, I even might end up playing against myself!

• Haha 1