Saying Goodbye to 2023 and Welcoming 2024

HogHammer

As we navigate into a new year, I give cheers to all forum members, guests, and staff. 

May 2024 bring battles filled with victorious broadsides, strategic maneuvers, and teamwork that rivals the mightiest fleets.  Here's to more exciting moments on the high seas, stronger alliances forged in the heat of battle, and torpedoes of triumph hitting their mark.  Here's wishing everyone a safe and prosperous 2024 with the wind in our sails and victory on the horizon!

And, a special thank you to everyone for being an important part of the DevStrike! community!

-- Fair winds, following seas, and a New Year filled with thrilling battles and victories for all.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 15

Hello everyone, good people!

I would like to congratulate everyone on the end of 2023 and the upcoming 2024!

On Friday 29.12 at 5.06. In the morning, an X-101/555/55 missile fired from a Tu-95 aircraft of the Russian Armed Forces from the "Engels" airfield fell near my house. Glory to All Gods, everyone is alive, only the wounded, fires and damage to housing. This is what I want to tell everyone as an example: life is very fragile and short. Take care of yourself and your loved ones, try to give them more of your love and care, and accept the same from them. 

Health to everyone, happiness, love and fair wind to your ships!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 12

A new year is an absolute blessing as we get older....  I wish everyone a happy and safe new year...  And, I hope to see many of you in matches this new year !!!

Be well !

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

2024 is likely going to be an interesting year, in the sense of the old curse, "may you live in interesting times."

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Well, 2023 is gone and I don't think I'll miss it, for various reasons.

A high point for me game wise was the creation of this forum. Thank you to the people that created it for us.

As for 2024, I predict internationally and domestically here in Canada and the USA we are in for some real geopolitical donnybrooks.

So, in spite of it all, I am holding up a beverage to every one here and wishing you tailwinds and calm seas. 

All the best for you and yours to navigate what I fear may be  tumultuous year, and here's to seeing you at the other end! 

🎆🎇🎊🎉

Edited by BCGrog
  • Like 13

• I_cant_Swim_ featured this topic
6 hours ago, HogHammer said:

As we navigate into a new year, I give cheers to all forum members, guests, and staff. 

May 2024 bring battles filled with victorious broadsides, strategic maneuvers, and teamwork that rivals the mightiest fleets.  Here's to more exciting moments on the high seas, stronger alliances forged in the heat of battle, and torpedoes of triumph hitting their mark.  Here's wishing everyone a safe and prosperous 2024 with the wind in our sails and victory on the horizon!

And, a special thank you to everyone for being an important part of the DevStrike! community!

-- Fair winds, following seas, and a New Year filled with thrilling battles and victories for all.

In the name of the moon, I'll wish you all the very best for the New Year!!!

sailor-moon-posing.gif.ec08280246937b490f6c2f5dcd07cd7f.gif

Let's make it a way better year than 2023 has been!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Happy New Year to everyone.  🙂 

DrinkingWolfKampai_facebooksticker_saved_08-10-2022_.jpg.0f2763590046c89bd5bf15ac8e9c3037.jpg

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I wish a Happy New Year to the Devstrike staff, who made and continuously make this place and community  a reality, to our fellow forumites, who enrich and entertain our discussions and  to all fellow wows players, who chose to read our discussions or our  mumblings and ramblings 🙂 

Also, not at least, to Wedgie 🙂,  even tho we tend to disagree on most things related to the game, for keeping the game above water. I mean mostly, of course 🙂  

May the upcoming year bring to ya'll, peace, good health, prosperity, happiness and FUN!!

Ezúttal sírva, szépen                         Now upon, graciously, still, lil' weeping
Forgok meg lelkemnek régi,             Dwelling in my soul's, of that old,
Gyermekes életében:                        Child's past:
Boldog új évet kivánok.                    Happy New Year, I wish.

Boldog új évet kivánok,                    Happy New Year, I wish, 
Mindenki tovább bírja                       So ya'll keep bearing
E rettenetet,                                      This horror,
E szamárságot,                                 This shucks,
Mint szegény, mint bírom én, én,   Like poor, like bear I,  I,
Gyönyörködve,                                 Delighting,
Óh, én szegény                                 Oh, poor Spiritual chimney,
Lelki kémény.                                     I.                                       
Boldog új évet kivánok.                    Happy New Year, I wish.

Ontom a füstjét                                 Throwing the smoke of
A szavaimnak,                                    The words of mine, those
Pólyálva és idegesen,                        Swaddled and nervoused,  
Be messze ringnak                            They slew there, oh so far
Az én régi terveim,                            As past plans of mine and as
Az én régi társaim is                          The good ol' mates
De messze vannak.                            Far, far they are.
Boldog új évet kivánok.                     Happy New Year, I wish.

Új év Istene, tarts meg                      God of New year, keep me
Magamnak                                          As I
S tarts meg mindenkit                       And keep'em, All, 
A réginek,                                           As were,
Ha lehet:                                             If it can:

Boldog új évet kivánok.                      Happy New Year, I wish, to you all.

Ady Endre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endre_Ady

Happy New Year!!

Boldog új évet!!

Anul nou fericit!!

Excuse the translation that the best I could come up

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

The old year has now passed, the new year has arrived.

Happy New Year 2024!

• Like 7

Happy New year everyone! May WG not screw up as much this year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Happy New Year and best wishes to you and yours.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

*Awakes from his deep slumber from the New Years party and rises, swirling his cloak as he steps outside.*

"May everyone have a wonderful New Years!!  May 2024 be so much better than 2023!"

*Screams as sunlight hits his foot and runs back to his resting place with a choked 'Renfield!!  You didn't set AM and PM on the clocks again!!"*

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• HogHammer unfeatured this topic