FYI - A possible new torp bugg

OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

Idk how good of a source this is so take it with a grain of salt, but I for one play a lot of ships with torps so I will try and look out for this in the coming days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@OldSchoolGaming_Youtube I don't play subs, but I recall there is an arming distance (I think 0.5 km).  It is really tough to determine from the video, but it looks like the DD is right at that 0.5 km threshold with the fourth torpedo.  Just a guess on my part.

Now, the DD versus BB is a totally different issue and looks more like a bug.  That torp should have had an impact on the bow of the ship.

• Like 2

The first clip: looks hard to tell if it missed due to it being an actual miss due to the torp not surfacing in time/very small DD allowing it to miss.

Second one is much clearer. Possibly desync (on your screen it looked like the torps hit the bow, but in the game the bow was already clear) but if that's not desync than no idea.

• Like 1

Prob just a combo of desync and some strange hitbox calculations in WG spaghetti code...

Edited by Yedwy
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

Possibly desync..

32 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

desync

Bingo!! Correct answer. If the torps would have failed to arm, then they would have stopped goin', coz they would have hit, but not detonate.  

• Like 1

Desync and off center view possibly.

In the second instance, it looked like the last torp that did hit exploded inside the ship's bow, not at its side.

Echoing several previous posters, what you see is not necessarily what is happening on the server when you see it. 

Edited by Pugilistic