Which Italian tier 10 is Sansonetti best on?

Zaydin

Which Italian tier 10 is Sansonetti best on?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship do you use Sansonetti on?

• Venezia
    • Cristoforo Colombo
    • Attilio Regolo

Title. I know Sansonettis enhanced skills and unique talents can be highly valuable on all three but I've had him on my Venezia since both the Italian cruiser line and Sansonetti himself came out and have been weighing moving him as of late and just curious what ship people view as the 'best' option for him.

Edited by Zaydin

Venezia, then Regolo, then Colombo. 

All three can use him and benefit from some or all of his talents, but the cruisers benefit the most.

They like the faster shell switching, and all three talents should be fairly reliable to activate, and provide straight boosts to their ideal play style. More range to farm, faster farming, and longer heal and smoke times.

The destroyers don’t benefit from either improved skill — they don’t need to worry about long reloads affecting shell swaps, and they’re not torp boats. Confederate might be a bit more difficult to get, and the reload boost is nice but not super essential when it would activate. 100 hits should be easy to get for longer smoke and engine boost, but the extra range is very nice. Since you should be killing the enemy DD right at the beginning of the game, it’s a straight range boost and potentially frees 4 skill points for FB. Some players might still want both, but IMO that gives them a tiny bit too much range for their ideal play style. They want some range, but not too much.

The battleships would like the extra range and faster shell swaps, but 100 hits will be a lot more difficult with the longer reload and poor dispersion. Likewise confederate will be less reliable, but the reload boost it provides will be helpful if you get it. The big reason I wouldn’t use Sansonetti on the tech tree BBs is just because I don’t find them that strong or enjoyable. Lauria/Verdi/Roma/Cesare, for sure. But not the tech tree when it locks him out of Venezia. 

• Like 1

DD main, so he's assigned to the T10 Silver DD (whatever she's called); that said, he probably gets used more often on Napoli and/or YOLO...

Have him on my Venezia. They extra gun range for sinking someone really helps to dodge incoming fire. I dodge more than I actually use smoke. I use smoke as a last resort.

On 8/25/2023 at 2:13 AM, Colonel Potter said:

Have him on my Venezia. They extra gun range for sinking someone really helps to dodge incoming fire. I dodge more than I actually use smoke. I use smoke as a last resort.

Seems like the consensus is that I should keep him on my Venezia then.

On 8/25/2023 at 2:13 AM, Colonel Potter said:

👍

4 hours ago, Zaydin said:

Seems like the consensus is that I should keep him on my Venezia then.

👍

On 8/25/2023 at 5:16 AM, Wolfswetpaws said:

Poll needs a "bacon" option.  🙂

I have Sansonetti on my Napoli.

+1 on Napoli.

I run mine on Attilio, despite not playing the ships too often. Reason being:

1. I'm a DD main and Attilio has underwhelming range...

2. I prefer Napoli over Venezia, so I don't really "need" him on Venezia either

3. Given that Napoli sees more use in CBs than Venezia, having Sansonetti on Attilio allows me to swap between him and my Venezia captain. Sansonetti is set up for fun (ranked and randoms), where his abilities can trigger. Venezia captain is set up for CBs, which for me includes picking RPF over any 4pt buff to DPM. If for some odd reason my teams goes for a build with Venezia, my captain is skilled properly.

On 8/25/2023 at 12:07 AM, Zaydin said:

Title. I know Sansonettis enhanced skills and unique talents can be highly valuable on all three but I've had him on my Venezia since both the Italian cruiser line and Sansonetti himself came out and have been weighing moving him as of late and just curious what ship people view as the 'best' option for him.

My Choice - Venezia! Cant remember how many times I triggered his perks in this, my first ever game in Venezia but it was a couple of times.

For me, his tech tree ship is Regolo. The reason is because I also use him on Napoli, and the build for Napoli is not the same as the tech tree cruisers.