Video - Texas has been painted!

Tpaktop2_1 NA

The Texas has been painted now. She is looking good. I hope they fixed that hole in her keel.

What a beaut.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

@Tpaktop2_1 NA, thanks for posting this.  I've been following the progress on the USS Texas official site. Still, often private individuals sometimes do a little better job in presenting what is actually happening - in this case, the overall paint job progress - that really looks impressive.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

@Tpaktop2_1 NA, thanks for posting this.  I've been following the progress on the USS Texas official site. Still, often private individuals sometimes do a little better job in presenting what is actually happening - in this case, the overall paint job progress - that really looks impressive.

What is amazing you can see how bad things were with the Texas. Here is just a sample:

I really hate to see we as a nation to lose a historical monument to decay.

• Like 3

While I can see a few of these old ships becoming museum ships, you probably will see more of them scrapped in the future. One reason for this is that pre-nuclear-test steel is highly valuable. Steel smelted in the modern age contains trace amounts of radioactive isotopes from fallout, which interfere with the function of the particle detectors in some medical and scientific instruments.

• Like 1

Just now, HogHammer said:

@HamptonRoadsmake sure you go to the first post.  Her stern looks great.  

Don't be talking like that about a ships hindquarters...

This isn't THAT kind of forum!

😄

• Haha 3