Instead of negative say something positive about WOWS and/or WG

AdmiralThunder

This christmas season they hit it out of the park. Free crates for days [hello weimar, tirpitz, and whatever the stupid russian BB they game me is called], a free scharnhorst[!!!!!!!]in battle pass, lots of rewards. Best I've seen in my 3yrs. 

• Like 2

WG: invested silly amounts of time and resources 3D-modeling 700+ warships and is basically giving them to the world ... for free. 

I don't think the scale model-building community has quite woken up to the fact that there is this enormous library of WW1-early Cold War digital ship models that are just there to be remixed and 3D printed at leisure. You don't even have to be a crack hackerman: sites like gamemodels3D.com have the .stl / .obj files ready for anyone to download and play with. No matter what happens to the WoWS ("what is dead may never die"), the creation of these 3D models is an incredible gift to the world. 

WoWS: As many here know, I take my continual improvement at the game fairly seriously. It's been a deeper dive towards mastery than anything else I've done so far. On this journey, I've come to appreciate two things:

1) the information load, both micro and macro, that a master must processes optimally to win the 'unwinnable' games. Most games are straight forward. But if you want to go from e.g. 60% -> 65% solo WR, you have to pull one game in twenty back from the absolute brink. And that means knowing how to optimally play out a functionally infinite number of knife's-edge scenarios where any piece of information about yourself or your opponent could be the detail that decides over failure or success. Every once in a while, I pull one out, and there is no feeling quite like it. 

2) WoWS has allowed me to benchmark my brain. I know what it feels like when I am "on" -- the matches feel slow, the transitions between actions are fluid, the optimal decisions appear instantly and obviously. When my brain is fine but not quite at 100%, I can feel the quickening of the match pace, the slightly clunkier decisions, the creeping imprecisions while aiming. Weirdly because WoWS is such a constant, I can use it to identify/address IRL variables that I am not happy with -- poor sleep being a large culprit. Without the game, I don't think I would be able to perceive such a granular differences in how my brainbox is working. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, palestreamer said:

It still amazes me that I can play a real time game with people thousands of miles away. The programming is very reliable, very rare to have a glitch.

Overall a fun game.

I had that feeling for the first time around 2001 when I was playing Warbirds! by iEN

• Like 2

a positive thing? well art department and that every now and then we still have a match without a sub or CV that ruins it.

Edited by pepe_trueno
  • Like 1

I like that even tho playing this game from CBT 2015 I still find it fun to play. Having Whaled a bit in the early years made it so I gotten about 30-40 really strong Premiums for free with Coal, XP, Steel, free crates etc. So now days I can keep up the pace with the big whales totally free.

Its a good game to enjoy with a cold drink on a Friday evening with good friends in a division while cracking jokes.

I DO like that WG finally admitted that it is a problem in the game with CVs, plane spotting and Subs even tho it is a bit late in the game .... literary!

I do like that the free Battle pass was way better than the payed one this time around, not sure it was intentional, but still good.

I do enjoy the new friends I made during these 8 years of playing this game.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

WG/WoWs has made some questionable choices for CM in the past.  Some didn't work out because they weren't committed to the (or any) game.  Some didn't work out due to frustration with trying to get done what they felt needed to be done.  A couple apparently didn't enjoy personal interactions.

Recently, however, WG/WoWs has been making inspired hires for CM.  Hiring from within the ranks of popular CCs and players was the right move, even if in a few cases the game in question wasn't WoWs.  Especially over here in NA this is probably the best CM / player environment ever.  Well done.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

WoWS: I sure like the detailed models of the ships &, especially, the early years of this game up to the CV rework.

WG: The early years of both WoT & WoWS before things began to get too far bent out of shape (altered far too much).

On 12/28/2023 at 11:37 AM, DoW_ said:

Appreciate the opportunity to purchase Smolensk without having to gamble on crates. My purchases typically have been ships themselves or crates that would provide economic bonuses to increase the efficiency of the grinds. Loot boxes are not my thing, as evidenced by “only” pulling Novorossiysk from 14 Megas and 5 Big gifts that were acquired through the holiday grind.  

Ops having multiple tiers kept me in the game when subs were rolled out and randoms for me became triggering. 

How Smolensk is one of the ships I am chasing  and congrats  Also I see hope at the end of the tunnel as regarding CV and subs Both of which I am not against 

Edited by Jr_Token

5 hours ago, Jr_Token said:

How Smolensk is one of the ships I am chasing  and congrats  Also I see hope at the end of the tunnel as regarding CV and subs Both of which I am not against 

They had her traditional and Black variant available in the Lighthouse auction back in November. Smolensk went for 50k dubs and iirc B went for 500k coal. 

On 12/28/2023 at 11:37 AM, DoW_ said:

Appreciate the opportunity to purchase Smolensk without having to gamble on crates.

That is indeed a positive. The auction is how I obtained my Smolensk.

Another positive is that WoWs rewards active players with plenty of free coal, signals and eco bonuses, regardless of their chosen game-mode.

• Like 1

I love the game, with all its faults. I soak in the graphics, cruising over the ocean once blasted out of it to observe the battle from a higher vantage point, I enjoy breathing the air while sailing over the maps and exploring them, I’m boyishly thrilled to enter division gameplay with voice comms, and greatly appreciate asymmetric mode and ops as they fit well with my otherwise sluggish synapses and protesting neurons after a day’s work, and I love that the game has enabled a community like this, rich in its diversity, to get together in sharing experiences and knowledge.

• Like 6

Pozarsky for free - nice (love that cruiser)

Scharnhorst 43 for free - great

Christmass event - great (Here is not included Kitakami)

• Like 2

I have the giant collection of highly detailed model warships I never had the shelf space to display nor the patience to assemble, much less paint...

...and I get to play pewpew with them in a virtual bathtub, like the five-year-old I apparently still am at thirty-seven.

So there's that.

Edited by Wrath_of_Deadguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1