Fun & Engaging

AdmiralThunder

Just got to experience shotgunning from a Sub again.

A group of us were doing well and had taken A cap and turned the reds back. I was in Missouri (bottom tier in T10/SuperShip game) so I wasn't exactly out front but was with the rest of the team at A and had got some good hits on some Cruisers trying to push our Shima and then got some shots on the Vermont supporting them (didn't do much damage but at least forced them to turn away). We had them in retreat.

However, all of a sudden I noticed I was detected when I shouldn't have been (had gone behind islands to reposition for better shots and also to get turned without getting blapped). I knew exactly what that meant - SUB - because I knew from the mini map where the red DD's were and was like 🤬. Popped radar and BOOM the red Balao right there just coming up to shotgun me mid turn.

Impossible to avoid the torps obviously so took them all and was left on a few hundred HP. I popped my heal and DCP so I didn't die, and got a couple ASW hits on the damn Sub as it dove and vanished, but the rest of the reds finished me off not long after. The Balao just went down and vanished as they can so easily do only to appear a few minutes later and repeat on our Montana. It was eventually sunk but not before removing 2 very important ships that otherwise had not been scratched pretty much. This let the reds repush into and take A from us.

The damn thing came straight up the middle when the game started and even with a CV flying the middle it was never spotted. In just a few minutes in was in our spawn basically and behind us 100% unseen. The 1st time it appeared on the mini map was about 4km from me when it got me. How in the bloody blue blazes WG, or any player, can think these things are properly balanced and fair is beyond me. NO DD could have done that. The stealth, speed, and ease with which these things can do this is just flat out unacceptable. I did NOTHING wrong (was actually mid pack despite dying early), nor did the Montana, and we had ZERO chance. 

Thank the good lord our Shima was a boss. They actually came in from some ways off to deal with the damn thing and got the Sub. They then basically carried the game to a win for us. I couldn't give them enough +1's for how well they played.

I hope these changes WG is making to Subs actually addresses this. I am so tired of this. I can deal with DD's but how the hell do you deal with ships that can sail behind you without ever being detected on the way, get within 3-4km unseen, that just pop up and hammer you with torps you 100% can't avoid? Who thought this was ok???

tenor.gif?itemid=5783553

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Bored 1

23 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I hope these changes WG is making to Subs actually addresses this. I am so tired of this. I can deal with DD's but how the hell do you deal with ships that can sail behind you without ever being detected on the way, get within 3-4km unseen, that just pop up and hammer you with torps you 100% can't avoid? Who thought this was ok???

tenor.gif?itemid=5783553

the answer is WG balance monetization  department :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

the answer is WG balance monetization  department :classic_rolleyes:

Ah... premium ASW. A most excellent idea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think he earned his keep. The patience it required to do that should be rewarded, and if any sub player ever shotguns me in PvP I will compliment them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Bored 2

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Just got to experience shotgunning from a Sub again.

A group of us were doing well and had taken A cap and turned the reds back. I was in Missouri (bottom tier in T10/SuperShip game) so I wasn't exactly out front but was with the rest of the team at A and had got some good hits on some Cruisers trying to push our Shima and then got some shots on the Vermont supporting them (didn't do much damage but at least forced them to turn away). We had them in retreat.

However, all of a sudden I noticed I was detected when I shouldn't have been (had gone behind islands to reposition for better shots and also to get turned without getting blapped). I knew exactly what that meant - SUB - because I knew from the mini map where the red DD's were and was like 🤬. Popped radar and BOOM the red Balao right there just coming up to shotgun me mid turn.

Impossible to avoid the torps obviously so took them all and was left on a few hundred HP. I popped my heal and DCP so I didn't die, and got a couple ASW hits on the damn Sub as it dove and vanished, but the rest of the reds finished me off not long after. The Balao just went down and vanished as they can so easily do only to appear a few minutes later and repeat on our Montana. It was eventually sunk but not before removing 2 very important ships that otherwise had not been scratched pretty much. This let the reds repush into and take A from us.

The damn thing came straight up the middle when the game started and even with a CV flying the middle it was never spotted. In just a few minutes in was in our spawn basically and behind us 100% unseen. The 1st time it appeared on the mini map was about 4km from me when it got me. How in the bloody blue blazes WG, or any player, can think these things are properly balanced and fair is beyond me. NO DD could have done that. The stealth, speed, and ease with which these things can do this is just flat out unacceptable. I did NOTHING wrong (was actually mid pack despite dying early), nor did the Montana, and we had ZERO chance. 

Thank the good lord our Shima was a boss. They actually came in from some ways off to deal with the damn thing and got the Sub. They then basically carried the game to a win for us. I couldn't give them enough +1's for how well they played.

tenor.gif?itemid=5783553

Yep, here we are again.  I take it you were playing PVP again.....  [face smack emoji]   And, I appreciate the angst and frustration you feel.... 

But, our host has to make money.  That means "by all means necessary;" and, since we are dealing with a non-first-world business here......  Whom historically, used OP gimmicks to sell poorly designed gameplay and ships vis-a'-vis world class combat mechanics and ships that "fit" the existing battlespace...........we "reap what they sow..."    GiGo is their motto........it's all they can do since the divestiture....

And, "first world quality" it ain't.......   great clip ^^^^ !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I hope these changes WG is making to Subs actually addresses this.

The proposed changes won't address the situation you describe. You'll need to nerf the underwater speed and dive time of T10 Subs for that... But it ain't happening because bads be bad and they need their pound of flesh. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I think he earned his keep. The patience it required to do that should be rewarded, and if any sub player ever shotguns me in PvP I will compliment them. 

Ah yes, it takes so much skill and patience for a ship that is placed the furthest forward, that can go upwards of 37+ Knots (32+ Knots submerged) fully upgraded, that has a detectability of just 5.9km (2.1km at periscope depth and ZERO fully submerged - not to mention all the skills and modules that allow the dive time to increase to asinine levels), to scoot ahead and pop up in the enemy's spawn without getting spotted. It takes so much skill and patience to dive down and use that speed and concealment to appear right next to a ship and shotgun them. Wow what was I thinking. So hard to play Subs. We should all give them +1's and thank WG for blessing us with these perfectly balanced, so much fun to play against, ships. 

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

You will never compliment them because as you have repeatedly claimed, you don't play PvP. 😂

• Haha 1