Tiger Goes Wild in T10

SoshiSone

Sometimes, you're just "in the zone".  This was one of those times.  Used all my smoke and all my radar.  Very tense end game could have gone either way.  

shot-23_12.28_01_14.56-0702.thumb.jpg.2b16c96c8c5c21c8a97eb15bfd86d190.jpg

• Like 9

I'd love to know how you do so well in that ship. Especially in that battle. You were up against serious bad guys.

I try, but I just can't seem to make it work.

On 12/28/2023 at 9:12 PM, BCGrog said:

I'd love to know how you do so well in that ship. Especially in that battle. You were up against serious bad guys.

I try, but I just can't seem to make it work.

Well, I don't do any better than my overall average in Tiger 59. So, it's not a "better than" ship.  I just like it because it has a play style that is different than anything else.  I believe it is the play style coupled to the fact it's not considered very good is what makes it effective.  Players just don't expect it.

In the game reference in this thread, I used a technique that can often play off very well.  I pushed up early to catch a DD pushing in the opposite direction.  I caught Sherman this time.  Now, the payoff does NOT work solo, as my DPM is very poor.  So I need friendlies near me who take advantage of the radar catch.  This is espeically good in T10 games because T10 ships deliver serious damage very quickly.  So the tactic works better in T10 than T8.  I caught the Sherman, my team focus fired during the radar catch, and we go up a T10 DD early.  From Tiger's perspective, I didn't to much damage.  But my team delivered.

After going up, the game settled into a tit for tat mid to long range duel.  So then I used Tiger's exceptional concealment to drive around and pick up buffs (it was an arms race game) to, once again, help the overall team effort.

The end game was a scrap vs two DDs and a cruiser in the middle.  Me trying to survive and kill from the mid cap and my teamates throwing in their shells from the perimeter.  Worked out very well.

Tiger is a Synergy ship.  Needs a team. Well, sometimes when top tier I can clean up a bit solo.  But T10, I gotta have support.  From the opening in this game I had friendly focus fire on the Sherman early....good attrition ships to hold reds at mid range to let me play the buff collection game...and good perimeter support in the end game.

Edited by SoshiSone
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SoshiSone said:

I just like it because it has a play style that is different than anything else.  I believe it is the play style coupled to the fact it's not considered very good is what makes it effective.  Players just don't expect it.

This is what makes many forgotten premiums great!! Halford, Tromp, Tiger 59, to name a few...

• Like 1