Christmas Weekend Spree, 23-26 December 2023

Ensign Cthulhu

Technically it's not over yet, because I have tomorrow off as a public holiday, but the bulk of what I'm doing in WOWS in the specified time period has already been done, and tomorrow will probably see only as much as I need to grab 20 points for the Santa City thing and then stop. 

What a whirlwind! On Christmas Eve I finished the Santa City missions per se (i.e. I am now in post-progress) and decided I would buy the paid track, thereby getting a T7 premium DD and two 10 point commanders for 3500 dubs; easily better than a half price deal. The certificates that came along with this gave me an extra two Mega Santa containers on top of the three the free track gave, and from the last of these I drew the Missouri. (Yep. RN-Baby-Gesus was smiling on me.) Today (25th) everyone was doing not very much, so I had time to sit down and grind, and I got into the groove to the tune of 86,000 ship XP, much of it in Co-op with a couple of Asymmetric battles in the Duncan to finish. 

So now I've got the Riga and the St Vincent in my port, and quite frankly I'm worn the **** out. I am done with tech tree grinds until the Michelangelo Dockyard is finished. Not to say that I won't be planning the next phase, but right now that's more of a vague consideration of what I want to get done in 2024.

Very glad I had a large reserve of credits. Between ships that were rotting in port awaiting their upgrade modules and buying and equipping my new acquisitions, I've bled over 60 million credits in the last few days - but my saving binge means that I'm still over the 120 million credit mark, and concentrating on premium ships and those tech-tree ships whose playing won't lead to more spending (either because the line is complete or the ship above it is already bought) should improve that situation over the next six weeks or so.

• Like 2

I was in one of those battles wherein @Ensign Cthulhu earned his 86,000 ShipXP.  @Crucis was there, too.  🙂 

Visited family, yesterday.  Kept things pretty low-key, today.

Played a fair amount.  I think I'm on Stage-18 of the 20-stages of Holiday equivalent of the battle-pass.  
Sailed my Illinois in Asymmetric Battles to complete a 1,000 main-gun hits ribbons Dockyard task, earlier today.
Still more mission tasks to do, though.

My Wife discovered the television series "Grimm", today.  She's binge-watched the first 6 episodes, so far.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Not to say that I won't be planning the next phase

And sure enough, I spent the last part of last night in the PTS in its last gasp deciding what my next ships should be. Brest guns slap HARD, disproportionately so compared to my weaksauce Cherbourg, so one of my projects for the coming year will be putting the Cherbourg into a slow-burn rotation and getting her done with. 

• Like 2

I played a little bit yesterday in between children visiting.  I'm at stage 30 in that Christmas Holiday thing.  Had another WOWS player visiting for a few days and we divisioned for a few matches.  Kind of weird being on Discord in the same house on different floors.  But, a great visit.

Other than food, more food and even more food.......I'm ready for raking leaves if mother nature would only cooperate. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Asym said:

I'm ready for raking leaves if mother nature would only cooperate.

Leaves to rake, I'm in the same boat.  Made a lot of progress last week with nice weather in central Arkansas (the weather was sunny and 65-70 degrees).  The several piles I made, however, were soaked by rain over the weekend and were all covered with frost this morning.  Sun is out, and hopefully, I can put a dent in them during the remainder of the week.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

Leaves to rake

I spent a lot of years a university just at the edge of the Eastern Oak-Hickory Forest. For much of that time I did maintenance for the apartment complex I was living in because it came with free rent and a part-time job that I could work my own hours. Raking leaves was a twice-a-year thing and there were a lot of them. The oaks really hung onto their leaves so I'd be raking them up in February. I don't have to rake leaves anymore out here on the High Plains though -- they fall off and then just blow away.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

I spent a lot of years a university just at the edge of the Eastern Oak-Hickory Forest. For much of that time I did maintenance for the apartment complex I was living in because it came with free rent and a part-time job that I could work my own hours. Raking leaves was a twice-a-year thing and there were a lot of them. The oaks really hung onto their leaves so I'd be raking them up in February. I don't have to rake leaves anymore out here on the High Plains though -- they fall off and then just blow away.

One word I have learned to hate:  fence.

• Haha 1