It's PRIME ( loot time again )

Col_NASTY

Thanks for the tip.

WG should be giving us 2K Doubloons just for taking that thing never mind compensation if you have it already LOL .

• Haha 2

They really need to make this or one of the Ducas a coal ship. I know Leone is effectively one via a collection from coal crates, but both Italy and Germany really need a mid tier coal boat in the Armory. 

5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Thanks for the tip.

WG should be giving us 2K Doubloons just for taking that thing never mind compensation if you have it already LOL .

That's one of the ones I didn't even know I had. Must be one of the many I got from Christmas crates.

1 minute ago, Col_NASTY said:

That's one of the ones I didn't even know I had. Must be one of the many I got from Christmas crates.

That or you got it during an event (was either a dockyard mid tier reward or some event - maybe ITL Cruisers? - all I recall is we could earn it somehow when it 1st came out).

I don't have a Genoa...

...one more ship I won't get out of a surprise mechanics box I suppose.

Heading to ship fitter to see what I'll get out of it.

1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

we could earn it somehow when it 1st came out

Yep, there was a mission set to earn it. 

I take her out every now and then for a bit of fun. Results ride between rather mediocre and the sort of bloody slaughter that Horatius Cocles would have been proud of. 

3 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Yep, there was a mission set to earn it. 

I take her out every now and then for a bit of fun. Results ride between rather mediocre and the sort of bloody slaughter that Horatius Cocles would have been proud of. 

My God how do you build it?

20 second reload sounds painful...no AA to try to buff...no consumables except spotter or fighter...

Is the objective to buff reload and the spotter action as much as possible?

It's tier 5 so it should be usable, as skill is pretty variable...might be a fun ship to surprise people with...

9 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I don't have a Genoa...

...one more ship I won't get out of a surprise mechanics box I suppose.

Heading to ship fitter to see what I'll get out of it.

It is so bad I don't even play it for flakes since the new system was implemented. I use a bonus flake I earn from another ship to claim the one on it. It's not only on the list of ships I never want to play but it is near the top. LOL.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

My God how do you build it?

20 second reload sounds painful...no AA to try to buff...no consumables except spotter or fighter...

Is the objective to buff reload and the spotter action as much as possible?

It's tier 5 so it should be usable, as skill is pretty variable...might be a fun ship to surprise people with...

The thing is all citadel and is covered in 13-16MM plate. It's an Italian Omaha with a 20 sec reload (actually give me Omaha over it any day). It's bad even in Co-op.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

2,000 Doubloons richer because I always keep the ships I get through giveaways, missions and so on. Anyway, I am kind of weird because I actually enjoyed playing the Genova, lol.  Actually have a 69% win percentage in the 26 games I played in it.

Just noticed I now have got another prime 30 days prime trial...

I will wait for a few days then I will claim it...

Thanks Bezos.

4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

The thing is all citadel and is covered in 13-16MM plate. It's an Italian Omaha with a 20 sec reload (actually give me Omaha over it any day). It's bad even in Co-op.

I wonder if WG considers its potential DPM high because you can get the torpedo reload down to 42 seconds...which is interesting, but practically useless.

First game, 1600 bxp and a win. Two kills.

The guns are, not good.

The torpedoes are interesting anti-DD weapons...nice for flushing smoke...since I can have four of them launched every 20ish seconds.

5 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I wonder if WG considers its potential DPM high because you can get the torpedo reload down to 42 seconds...which is interesting, but practically useless.

The torps are really weak like EU DD torps (9K) and it only has 4 torps per side (2X2). Also, they are SLOOOWWWW at just 51 knots. Torps are pretty much inconsequential on it. Ok for a little extra damage in Co-op but not much use otherwise.

11 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

I had the ship so they gave me 2K DUBS!  🤩

Go get yours!

rstjhtryjdtykdty.thumb.png.b8943dde72228b6e12e5bb8396491f4a.png

uid67rf67odr67.thumb.png.4998c83726b80bc51309bc7e05262a75.png

Already got it, hehe.

SM_CoolShades.PNG.41a9fb51c91a370458352d2cb008dcc3.PNG

8 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

The torps are really weak like EU DD torps (9K) and it only has 4 torps per side (2X2). Also, they are SLOOOWWWW at just 51 knots. Torps are pretty much inconsequential on it. Ok for a little extra damage in Co-op but not much use otherwise.

Yes. They are practically near useless...

But, according to the spreadsheet, that quick reload gives the Genova an on paper damage output that is much higher than in reality.

I'm wondering if WG is looking at those paper stats and thinking the ship is fine?

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Yes. They are practically near useless...

But, according to the spreadsheet, that quick reload gives the Genova an on paper damage output that is much higher than in reality.

I'm wondering if WG is looking at those paper stats and thinking the ship is fine?

The people at WG who make decisions seems to "balance" via the spreadsheet and not actually playing the game so possible.