Toxic playerbase

13 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

I play a lot and see that lvl of toxicity very rarely.  

Lucky you.

17 hours ago, Kalishnikat said:

After playing only low tiers for a long time, I got used to the nice helpful low tier community. My karma climbed and folks were nice. Recently have started playing Tier 7 again. Have been called the N word, Fa**ot, and told to do all sorts of nasty sexual things, my karma has gone down..all for just playing the game normally. These higher tiers seem infested with juvenile losers. I'm not one to run and tell but finally sent in a ticket on one particularly nasty offender. Going back to T3 and T4, life is fun there. 

I almost never see that kind of behavior, and the last time I did, it was ironically at tier 5 from some beta tester lowlife. My experience is at high tiers most people just silently send their salty downvotes when you outplay them and don't dare to say anything.

• Like 1

Only been playing Asymms this month. Ran into a few crazies, one following me back to port. Just put them on mute/blacklist. Sadly a couple of them were in Coop clans. All I ever really say in Asymms is the f10 "farewell" msg, not sure what triggers these pve players. 

14 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

Only been playing Asymms this month.

Ah, I see you are here on the new forums. Still my favorite ship!

t1Z0do.jpg

4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Ah, I see you are here on the new forums. Still my favorite ship!

t1Z0do.jpg

Hey Snarg! Pop my head in here now and then to see what's going on in game. Such a good bote! Have a great holiday season my dude!

15 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

Such a good bote!

Yeah. Someone who used to go by the name of a Roman Emperor gave it to me. Wonder who that was? 😁

Got my first "CV I hope you die of cancer" in Bearn the other day. 

Despite vertigo being a problem with carriers more than other types, Ive improved a good bit. 

Just now, Pugilistic said:

Got my first "CV I hope you die of cancer" in Bearn the other day. 

Despite vertigo being a problem with carriers more than other types, Ive improved a good bit. 

Send in a customer support ticket.

If not for you, then for somebody else following you. That's a death threat and should be dealt with by WG staff.

Those kinds of comments are not something we want to subject kids to.

12 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Send in a customer support ticket.

If not for you, then for somebody else following you. That's a death threat and should be dealt with by WG staff.

I dont know of anyone's ill will causing malignancies in others. It might have some physiological effect on themselves, though. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

I dont know of anyone's ill will causing malignancies in others. It might have some physiological effect on themselves, though. 

Reason why this game has toxicity problems like a lot of games...

People don't take action to bring consequences for even egregious violations. They'd rather have someone else do it...and if other people suffer through their inaction? Not their problem.

This is not a hallmark of a welcoming community.

Or, in more memeworthy words...

The community is 'ok'...but it could be better.

All it takes is a little bit of work on our part.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

You realize how likely it is that it is actually kids making this kind of comment? Really, some of you need to grow a thicker skin. Why does it even bother you when some anonymous dude vents steam via some harsh language in an internet game? You take these things far too seriously. I myself am guilty of the occasional snide remark towards terrible players who don't take the gameplay serious enough. But really, the chat can be blissfully ignored most of the time.

• Like 1

Just ran into a clown wishing all his "white friends a merry christmas"..... and that was the tip of the 'white supremist' chat......

Took a screeny, guess this one's gotta get submitted 😕 Ive seen a lotta crap tossed around in the 9 or so years Ive been playing, but I cannot let that go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Kruzenstern said:

You realize how likely it is that it is actually kids making this kind of comment? Really, some of you need to grow a thicker skin. Why does it even bother you when some anonymous dude vents steam via some harsh language in an internet game? You take these things far too seriously. I myself am guilty of the occasional snide remark towards terrible players who don't take the gameplay serious enough. But really, the chat can be blissfully ignored most of the time.

Helping make the community a welcoming place isn't a bad thing to do.

It's well worth the time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Reason why this game has toxicity problems like a lot of games...

People don't take action to bring consequences for even egregious violations. They'd rather have someone else do it...and if other people suffer through their inaction? Not their problem.

This is not a hallmark of a welcoming community.

Or, in more memeworthy words...

The community is 'ok'...but it could be better.

All it takes is a little bit of work on our part.

20 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Helping make the community a welcoming place isn't a bad thing to do.

It's well worth the time.

Aye.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2023 at 2:40 AM, Kalishnikat said:

After playing only low tiers for a long time, I got used to the nice helpful low tier community. My karma climbed and folks were nice. Recently have started playing Tier 7 again. Have been called the N word, Fa**ot, and told to do all sorts of nasty sexual things, my karma has gone down..all for just playing the game normally. These higher tiers seem infested with juvenile losers. I'm not one to run and tell but finally sent in a ticket on one particularly nasty offender. Going back to T3 and T4, life is fun there. 

I have to be honest, Ive done my share of toxicity in this game, not the kind you are talking about but certainly questioned if team is awake in chat or if they do understand the game mode and such things, all of this when its perfectly clear that they dont.

So I have to ask this, is it more toxic to be a competitive guy like me in an online team based competitive game or is it more toxic to play T10 or for that matter a super CV in an online team based competitive game and have zero clue how to play their ships or even the game mode (Super CVs doing nothing all game VS a Superunicum, BBs trying to sail outa the map from start with their full health in Arms race etc etc etc etc). Some players here would probably argue that ever player has "the right" to play any ship or tier that they unlocked, but is it ok if they have zero clue on how?! I for one own 2 Super CVs in this game that I haven't played ONCE. Wh? Because I know that with my limited experience playing CVs I would be my teams downfall.

Sometimes when I write something in team chat I get "Fook off I play how I wanna play blah blah blah". I feel like, if you wanna do whatever, or just look at ships or the fishes, than maybe not sink youre team in a competitive mode like random or ranked, maybe then just play CooP or Training room, but then you get a "I play whatever mode I like".

If any player in any team based online game acted like a 12 y.o imbecile, his teammates would probably be pretty toxic towards him. But is it then well earned? 

I dont say for a second this is the only reason players are toxic, but this is the only reason why I would ever get toxic. If you play a competitive game at the highest tier I kind assume that you actually know what you do and how to play. 

• Like 7
  • Bored 1

While being in the mood of reeling back the years. I've discovered that I've been mostly exposed to people who are extremely annoyed with me.  I've learned their reactionary language which is mostly prohibited on this site.  So, now in my older age, I have to translate from real expressions to socially acceptable language.  I'm lacking for the proper words to say. 

Really reminds me of years ago when people used to complain about people being unable to communicate in SEA server.

Meanwhile people on other servers complaining about too much communication.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm into my eighth year of playing this game and only just a few days ago had some loser follow me into port and hit me with two walls of text. He was yapping at everyone in the game criticizing and judging everything everyone else was doing.

I didn't read either of his messages. I just deleted the chat and blacklisted him. First time I ever did that.

Also, I shut off my battle chat. First time ever. And it's staying off.

These people sure assume a lot about everyone else. They must lead miserable lives.

So if any of you say Hi in game, I'm not ignoring you. I just won't see it. Say Hi here anytime.

Cheers!

14 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I have to be honest, Ive done my share of toxicity in this game, not the kind you are talking about but certainly questioned if team is awake in chat or if they do understand the game mode and such things, all of this when its perfectly clear that they dont.

So I have to ask this, is it more toxic to be a competitive guy like me in an online team based competitive game or is it more toxic to play T10 or for that matter a super CV in an online team based competitive game and have zero clue how to play their ships or even the game mode (Super CVs doing nothing all game VS a Superunicum, BBs trying to sail outa the map from start with their full health in Arms race etc etc etc etc). Some players here would probably argue that ever player has "the right" to play any ship or tier that they unlocked, but is it ok if they have zero clue on how?! I for one own 2 Super CVs in this game that I haven't played ONCE. Wh? Because I know that with my limited experience playing CVs I would be my teams downfall.

Sometimes when I write something in team chat I get "Fook off I play how I wanna play blah blah blah". I feel like, if you wanna do whatever, or just look at ships or the fishes, than maybe not sink youre team in a competitive mode like random or ranked, maybe then just play CooP or Training room, but then you get a "I play whatever mode I like".

If any player in any team based online game acted like a 12 y.o imbecile, his teammates would probably be pretty toxic towards him. But is it then well earned? 

I dont say for a second this is the only reason players are toxic, but this is the only reason why I would ever get toxic. If you play a competitive game at the highest tier I kind assume that you actually know what you do and how to play. 

WG believes that they should be able to play any ship they want no matter how bad they are at it.

I'm a bit like you, I don't like to go up the tiers until I know what I am doing...and I don't go into competitive modes without knowing what I'm doing with the ship I'm bringing.

However, I'm not the boss of WoWs...WG is. So it's not unacceptably toxic if people want to whale and play foolishly...because WG allows it.

You and I may disagree with WG on that point...but to attack other captains based on it, just makes us look like old men yelling at clouds.

• Like 2

"The Ten Cannots"
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot help little men by tearing down big men.
You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn.
You cannot build character and courage by destroying men’s initiative and independence.
And, you cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they can and should do for themselves.

https://cctpp.com/?page_id=5607

I have highlighted (in bold text) the sentiments that I feel are relevant to this topic.

• Like 4

I don't see all this stuff you talk about, except towards cv and subs. But still, not very often. Tier 7 is my fav overall tier too. 

On 12/23/2023 at 8:40 PM, Kalishnikat said:

Unironically I've had the exact opposite experience. At low tiers you have weirdos spamming chat for half their game with their political BS or other slurs and swears, while at Tier 10 at most it's just one message calling someone else bad and that's the end of it