Did you run out of new ships in the Armory for Coal / Steel / Research Points / Community Tokens?

Leo_Apollo11

Hi all,

Did you run out of new ships in the Armory for Coal / Steel / Research Points / Community Tokens?

Coal

I managed to get all ships there (42/42)

Steel

I miss 4 ships there (9/13)

Research Points

I miss 8 ships there (4/12)

Community Tokens - Tier VII

I miss 3 ships there (27/30)

Community Tokens - Tier V

I managed to get all ships there (17/17)

Community Tokens - Tier II-IV

I miss 3 ships there (14/17)

Leo "Apollo11"

Edited by Leo_Apollo11

Run out, no, but I am getting close to having all the ships I really care about getting…

* High tier coal ships — 3 (u4501, Marco Polo, and z44, none of which particularly interest me)
* Steel ships — 5 right now, will probably be 4 next month when I decide to just grab Lauria rather than waiting until the end of the coupon like I normally do. But of the four, only one really interests me — Plymouth.
* RB — 8 left, but only a couple that I’m interested in 
* CT — have all of the t5 ships, and all but 4 of the t7s… handful of ships left in the t2-4 crate, but I don’t see ever buying those crates unless I empty the others

• Like 1

While I am no where near running out of all ships, I am running out of ships I actually want to grind for. Regarding tech tree ships there's not really anything at all I'm interested in, I have everything I have any slight want/need for. Then resource ships, besides Stalingrad which I am soon going to get there's still nothing I really want at all. Most of the steel ships are quite eh not including 3-4 specific choices.

• Like 1

For me got all coal, RP (including Kitakami), T7, T5, but still missing these:

image.thumb.png.8f716003530f9ee2788c038c881be452.png

image.png.882ab45d87bb89725629363a4a49f97c.png

These 2 are possible with Community tokens too:

image.png.a181672d2df81bad818fd6a4e2a7051e.png

I did get a ship drop in Veteran box couple years back.  It was for Duca which I had and it just gave me doubloons instead of another ship.

I've been looking at what's on offer for some time now - and there is nothing that looks worth the spend/resource. 

Sad as that equates to:

11x Research point ships.

11x Steel ships

17x Coal ships

64x Doubloon ships

All ships that if I purchased I know would likely just sit in my port. I also have plenty of normal tech tree lines that give me more than enough 'new experience' feel when grinding.

(Although one thought is, I know there was a couple of ships I was interested in but were packaged in those 'Big Bundle' expensive doubloon offers (Something the XIV was one, I think? lol), but honestly, I just forget by the time they come around again - or have lost the interest they once had for me (the Brisbane was one such ship)).

WG are definitely missing me out as a customer, but I assume they are profiting much more from the customer base they are focused on! 😁

Edited by WaveRider
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WaveRider said:

All ships that if I purchased I know would likely just sit in my port. I also have plenty of normal tech tree lines that give me more than enough 'new experience' feel when grinding.

(Although one thought is, I know there was a couple of ships I was interested in but were packaged in those 'Big Bundle' expensive doubloon offers (Something the XIV was one, I think? lol), but honestly, I just forget by the time they come around again - or have lost the interest they once had for me (the Brisbane was one such ship)).

I am in a similar situation with 375 ships:  I have more than I need and want one ship I will never get:  the Musashi.  So, what they have to offer isn't even interesting anymore.  I have all that I need for any mode of play in this  game....   And, to be honest, all I'd need are at most 15 ships for any mode of play.  In fact, that is what several first time players are doing:  only looking at a "minimalist port" that would contain the "x" ships for Clan Battles, Operations and Asymmetrical Battles.   No more and no less.  

If they get a crate with a throw away/snowflake ship they sell it.  Only keeping what they will use.........  That is what my grandson and his posse of friends intended to do....

• Like 1

Did I run out? No. Do I really want any of those I dont already have? TBH not really, I couldnt care less if I get them or not

• Like 2

I have Stalin (Coal), and Moskva (Steel) And that's all I have paid for with coal/steel. There's nothing else there that I just can't live without.
I was going to get Napoli and had saved enough coal. But, I put off spending the coal for some upcoming event.

A month or so later I opened a Super Container and *POOF!* There was the Napoli. 

I have so many ships in my port that I don't play enough to get good with them, I don't see getting more ships that will take up space and cost me money/resources.

• Like 2

For RB I got which I whish: Siegfried, Ohio, Ilinois, Colbert. Now I still try decide is it worth regrind again for Van Speijk and for Slava?

For Steel got only Burgogne. Collecting steel further (I was gave many steel for Elli). 

Coal: Haven't: CVs, sub, Hayate, Kaersage, Tromp, F. Sherman, Black, Khabarovsk, A. de bazan, Azuma, Carnot, Groningen, Tulsa, Z-44.

CT: Got only Mutsu, Marblehead, Sirocco, Diana Lima, Aurora and Duca d'Aosta. Others haven't. 

• Like 1

Coal

Only Z-44 left

Steel

I miss 5 ships (8/13)

Research Points

I miss 5 ships (7/12)

Community Tokens - Tier VII

I miss 12 ships (18/30)

Community Tokens - Tier V

I miss 4 ships (13/17)

Community Tokens - Tier II-IV

I miss 6 ships (11/17)

• Like 2

On 12/23/2023 at 4:09 PM, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Not yet.  🙂 

• Like 1

It is not that many left, 3 steel ships

image.thumb.png.0a52d8e3dfe4a85f5a5df264329fb58b.png

I have around 57.000 steel but bought Austin and the German DD now during christmas and will not buy any new ship until next coupon at the earliest. Counting on new steelships that is more interesting than these.

• Like 2

What's left:

1 Coal ship (U-4501)

8 Steel ships (Have 5: Bourgogne, Stalingrad, Ragnar, Mecklenburg, Lauria in that order... rest are meh.. Only the 6 gun incomparable monster is of interest)

1 Black Friday ship (Yup, Smolensk B... shoulda' been in the crates...  or an event reward *sigh*)

Plus the Defence and Kitakami... I definitely preferred the "rest" of the new boats/commanders I got with those resources.  With the coupon later, I should be able to get another steel boat this year ('24) and am close to that last Coal ship, but I'll see how it goes before I buy a port queen.

All from Santa Crates, earned events, Black Friday for the "B"s, etc.  Probably missing several dockyard boats that haven't been added to the santa crates. 

Now I rest the wallet and see if I'm still playing in a year 🙂

• Like 2

Nothing left.  Been done since week 1 of the event.  Four long days and I was done.  New ships from crates were done as I received them.  Next year will take me over 400 ships though.

Not even close. I have 2 coal ships. No steel ships, no research ships, and no community token ships. That being said, theres only 4-5 that I actually want. 

• Like 1

Only thing left I have for coal is a sub, and that ain't happening.

Numerous ships for steel, mostly DDs, one CV, none of which are particularly interesting to me. Plymouth and Lauria will be the next purchases in that order I think.

Nothing in Community Chests, got them all.

Seigfried and Van Speijk in RP, the rest that are there are not on my list, Druid, Paolo and Vampire II.

• Like 1

For me the only ships left are:

Steel - Gato, Vallejo

Research Points  - Vampire 2

• Like 1

Running out of ships ? Definitely no.

The only thing is  that I'm not really interested in what's left. Especially since I don't play CVs nor subs.

As for coal, I still do not have Iwami and Marco Polo... and Charleston 😛 . But I am not interested in these.
As for steel, the only thing I lack is...steel. So... 🙂
And  regarding research points, same thing : not a lot of appealing ships. Ohio or Slava maybe.

Anyway, after having unlocked the Kitakami, I need to make a pause. And collect coal, steel and research points.
Meaning that the next ship is not close to joint my harbour.
But since I am not in a hurry either, this is not my main concern.