Upgrade discount 50% and planning

Gnirf

Now in Happy Shipmas , for all practical reasons until Dec 27 th.

image.thumb.png.98ecd7a5d3620374e4ab13f8fb566570.png

During the free dismounting of upgrades around Anniversary I took a few lines and dismounted upgrades to place on new ships so now it is time to restock.

Together with new ships I purchased upgrades for 98 875 000, so that is the amount saved. I plan to aquire a few steel ships during these days to max out.

Being a Group Financial Controller I am damaged by my real life so it is a sport for me to save if I can.

But it can bring benefits. The dismounting of upgrades on ships I did not plan to play was pretty much superships + a few others that I wrote down. 

So if you have a large fleet it may pay off to do dismounting of upgrades for use on new ships between these opportunities, as far as I remember these are taking place around christmas but the other opportunity has shifted, this year it was around Anniversary, but earlier years it has been around victory week in May and around US independence day.

I am not sure if it has been on more than 2 times/year the last 3-4 years, earlier than that I do not recall more than it was at long intervals.

Do you bother to do similar planning? Whatever you do now it is the time to upgrade your ships!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

52 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Do you bother to do similar planning?

Me?  No.
I tend to keep enough credts on-hand to purchase or sell the hull module of my choice or the relevant hull upgrade when enough research has been accumulated.

I no longer actually do much grinding, but I've started farming RP's now, for the coming year, so I will be resetting the Harugumo line a few times, possibly. However, I don't plan to do any upgrading on those ships, at least not until I stop the RP farming and resetting.

The only line I'm otherwise grinding now is maybe the Spanish cruisers, so this may help somewhat there.

Time to bleed away some of my nearly 190 million credits, knowing that as much as it hurts to see that balance drop,  it will be cheaper in the long run.

I have a list of 16 ships that I know haven't got their modules yet. Time to get cracking on that.

Usually, I will use the opportunity to mount upgrades on the new ships I got, especially on the new ships from crates. As well as mounting upgrades at T5-T10 ships of the lines I am resetting and get to dismount them for free when I reset the line.

Edited by GMMF

Hi all,

9 hours ago, Gnirf said:

Now in Happy Shipmas , for all practical reasons until Dec 27 th.

image.thumb.png.98ecd7a5d3620374e4ab13f8fb566570.png

During the free dismounting of upgrades around Anniversary I took a few lines and dismounted upgrades to place on new ships so now it is time to restock.

Together with new ships I purchased upgrades for 98 875 000, so that is the amount saved. I plan to aquire a few steel ships during these days to max out.

Being a Group Financial Controller I am damaged by my real life so it is a sport for me to save if I can.

But it can bring benefits. The dismounting of upgrades on ships I did not plan to play was pretty much superships + a few others that I wrote down. 

So if you have a large fleet it may pay off to do dismounting of upgrades for use on new ships between these opportunities, as far as I remember these are taking place around christmas but the other opportunity has shifted, this year it was around Anniversary, but earlier years it has been around victory week in May and around US independence day.

I am not sure if it has been on more than 2 times/year the last 3-4 years, earlier than that I do not recall more than it was at long intervals.

Do you bother to do similar planning? Whatever you do now it is the time to upgrade your ships!

Yep - I did such planning when my task was to get every single ship in every single line there is (i.e. "Silver" ships)...

Leo "Apollo11"

Well, I clearly didn't do any planning because I didn't know there was even a discount running until I read this thread, but thanks for the heads up... now I have a bunch of ships re-equipped that I'd stripped down when I was pixel-poor grinding out three different BB lines a few months back.