How's your snowflake harvest going?

BCGrog

Welcomed the Tier-10 British Thrasher, this morning.  
Sailed her and knocked-off the "snowflake" she arrived with.  🙂 

368 flake eligible ships this event. Finished them on Thursday, with a couple extra bonuses saved up for the ships I’m getting between now and the 10th.

Played all of my 10s, most of my 9s, and a couple 8s. Mostly in asymmetric getting 3-4 bonuses every game, some only in co-op since they didn’t have great captains. 

456 Snowflake ships... down to T5-6's with 51 ships to go...  It's a chore but SOMEBODY has to do it...

Also almost done with Dockyard for the week... the current missions lend themselves well to mid tier play.  BBs are done with snowflakes due to the 1000 main battery hits mission... that was a grind.  20 DD's left due to their cap/defend mission being done (easily on that one).  31 Cruisers with their firestarter mission still in progress (probably easier in lower tiers at this time).  I used the "rewards" to clear out the accidentally accumulated submarines, most of the carriers and all of the unequipped ships hanging out in port (plus all of THOSE ships that I just don't like).

We've only had one naval battle week this patch that required using the best ships in coop (400 bxp week) but we had 2 x 200 BXP weeks and currently it's 250 BXP, so was able to continue (mostly) using snowflake ships to check those boxes in the battle.

AMAZINGLY, I will complete the Holidays in Santa City thing tomorrow.  A few of the codes lately seem to be giving 4 progress points which was just enough to keep the daily progress in motion.  That's working out better than expected, but I have been able to keep up a 6K BXP per day pace 7 days a week.  Now I'm off work for the next week, so way ahead from what I expected.

All in co-op so far.  VERY fast games due to the suicidal bots and randoms players who are barely better than bots in coop.  Enough pink boats to keep scores reasonable!

YMMV.   Fair winds and following seas!

Hi all,

I have 473 ships in port - I also must buy all the Tier I & II & III & IV ships for all lines - but I don't have the free port slots yet - it will come some day.

Out of those 473 ships the 443 are eligible for the Snowflakes.

I still have 54 Snowflakes to clear... it will be quick... with Asymmetric Battles you get 3-4-5 for each battle...

Leo "Apollo11"

6 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Currently I have 409 ships listed in my Port.
I knocked-off all of the available "snowflakes", two days ago.

The steel & coal and other holiday season goodies have been welcome.

The Enterprise continues to elude me better than "the truth" on the television series "The X-Files", though.  😉 

At the moment, my Armory includes 8 "Christmas Tokens" (which are in the shape of a Christmas Tree) and 13 "Festive Certificates".
I'm considering how to best utilize them.

The Christmas Tree ones are for camos and Capt's only. You get them for buying Santa crate bundles. You may know this already but if not just FYI. I grabbed the white camos for Alaska and Georgia and had enough left for a couple low tier ship camos. Those white camos are sick. I spent more on crates than intended just to get those.

Keep an eye out for the Air Supply containers to come back in the Armory (if they do). The standard ones (Coal) can drop just 4 ships and 1 is Enterprise. Low chance (0.4%) but with only 4 total ships the chances are good if a ship drops it will be Big E (guaranteed if you have the other 3 already = GZ, Saipan, Kaga). For some reason it appears they removed Enterprise from the Premium version of the crate??? 

Finishing up the last batch of ships today.  ~550 snowflakes.  I could have finished this last week by spending all of the extra flake rewards, but opted to just play all of the rest of the ships out.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Thanks for the kind words.  I'll be patient.  The longer the chase, the more satisfying the eventual catching will be.   🙂 

Maybe with CV rework 2.0 they'll put it up again, after the last round of Rockets changes I don't think it still needs to be locked behind crates only. 

• Like 1

Done a few days ago. Once I had all the certificates for T10 ships, I worked down the tiers. I started using any bonuses on the T5 ships and ones I really didn't want to play because I suck in them. By the time I'd cleared out Tier 6, Tier 5 was already done. 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2023 at 10:13 PM, clammboy said:

all in coop

Thanks for reminding me to do snowflakes in co-op to finish that offering for steel & coal although I despise that mode - at least, one gets the exp easily & the Ws.

• Haha 1

~400 boats to harvest, so far I have 148 snowflakes left to harvest.

If I maintain the pace I think I will eventually harvest all before the deadline.