What the hell is this??

Capt_Kremenski

Just had a game on EU server.

Map was New Dawn.

Thought I was having some outrageous acid trip!!

1.png

2.png

3.png

That is so annoying. It literally hurts the eyes. I experienced that for 1 or 2 updates (around early 2023) each time the operation is Killer Whale. 

1 minute ago, Capt_Kremenski said:

Just had a game on EU server.

Map was New Dawn.

Thought I was having some outrageous acid trip!!

1.png

2.png

3.png

A texture failed to update properly and has not loaded in.

Use whichever client you launch though to verify game file integrity and that should find and fix the problem.

The odd thing is I played 20 odd games and it only happened that one time.

However I will do as suggested, thanks for the info.

51 minutes ago, Capt_Kremenski said:

The odd thing is I played 20 odd games and it only happened that one time.

However I will do as suggested, thanks for the info.

It's definitely a missing texture (or possibly a driver or hardware issue, but that should cause the problem on more maps).

Each map actually has its own skybox, so if your "one time" was the only time you were on that map, it would make sense that you'd only have it happen once.

If you were on that map multiple times and only had it happen once, I'd still lean toward a skybox texture issue, but triggered by something else.

Check and repair should definitely fix it. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

It's definitely a missing texture (or possibly a driver or hardware issue, but that should cause the problem on more maps).

Each map actually has its own skybox, so if your "one time" was the only time you were on that map, it would make sense that you'd only have it happen once.

If you were on that map multiple times and only had it happen once, I'd still lean toward a skybox texture issue, but triggered by something else.

Check and repair should definitely fix it. 

It was actually pretty trippy and fun and I HOPE it does happen again!! lol

Trouble is I spent most of the game looking at the sky trying to read what it said!!

Here's the replay if anyone wants a look -

(My first time using this so not if it will even work)

Maybe this??   -   https://replayswows.com/replay/185007#stats

Edited by Capt_Kremenski
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Capt_Kremenski said:

It was actually pretty trippy and fun and I HOPE it does happen again!! lol

Trouble is I spent most of the game looking at the sky trying to read what it said!!

Just the normal/expected "Texture not found" (thankfully in a less eye-burning presentation than the black/neon pink missing texture other games have had).

Or as some people have called it, the Red Sky (sometimes connected to a joking reference to where WG was based/WoWS was originally developed).

8 minutes ago, Capt_Kremenski said:

Here's the replay if anyone wants a look -

(My first time using this so not if it will even work)

I don't know if it's a platform limitation, but it doesn't look like the replay uploaded as a downloadable file (or if it did, it just isn't giving the option to download).

Regardless, having the replay wouldn't let someone else see the error unless they also have the missing/corrupted skybox texture on the same map.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Just the normal/expected "Texture not found" (thankfully in a less eye-burning presentation than the black/neon pink missing texture other games have had).

Or as some people have called it, the Red Sky (sometimes connected to a joking reference to where WG was based/WoWS was originally developed).

I don't know if it's a platform limitation, but it doesn't look like the replay uploaded as a downloadable file (or if it did, it just isn't giving the option to download).

Regardless, having the replay wouldn't let someone else see the error unless they also have the missing/corrupted skybox texture on the same map.

Haven't really used that replay site. What does the 'download' button there do?

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Haven't really used that replay site. What does the 'download' button there do?

It let's you download the replay then you just click the link in your download folder to play it.

• Thanks 1