WG discord.

3LUE

On 12/23/2023 at 9:08 PM, SureBridge said:

I personally prefer the Foru

Amen to that. But...

On 12/23/2023 at 9:08 PM, SureBridge said:

I personally prefer the Forum, and say what you will about WG, Ahskance spent a very intense 6 months defining what "good" should look like, recruiting a Mod team that was aligned, and spending countless hours playing whack-a-mole with problem posts and posters. The core of that moderation approach has been blatantly stolen by the DevStrike team, and is IMO one of the reasons that this forum Doesn't have a lot of toxicity. DevStrike doesn't have as many active members as the old forums, but we also don't average >700 posts a day for the team to review, and I personally send a LOT less warnings than I used to, even as a percentage of posts read.

....with all due respect, nope. If anything, the happy-merry couple pretty much destroyed NA, in that aspect. Mercilessly enforced the company line, tho lets say, in a "cute" way, the baton was dressed as a sugar stick 🙂 They were given free hand , IF the Yukon debacle wouldn't repeat. So...no.

I was there before and after( for a while). This place, luckily, is  akin to what was before and in some aspects even better.

As for toxicity......here we don't have fights which needs ro be won.  We are among peers, we discuss things.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Crokodone said:

I've noticed the former hasn't posted any new content in quite a while

Sadly, that's true. Some people tend to forget how much we owe her. Operations never would have returned, if the Yukon debacle would not have happened. Same for class based brawls and a LOT of other things. 

But all that came with a great  personal cost to her, which, again, tends to be overlooked by some people.

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

The thing with Discord is that the control of a server is entirely within the hands of the owner. And there are plenty of things one can do to effectively rug pull any unwanted criticisms. And lets be honest, the WeeGee party line is all about maximizing income. Thus anything that could interfere with that by tarnishing of image is swiftly swept under the rug if at all possible.

So to them its great because even if the automated tools aren't 100% effective the general complaints about something are completely lost in the noise within a day. Especially if they take steps like making prior communications within a channel non-searchable because users are not allowed to see the history of the channel.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

If anything, the happy-merry couple pretty much destroyed NA

... might you be referring to Hapa_Fodder & Ashkance?

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

... might you be referring to Hapa_Fodder & Ashkance?

No. Post Hapa. I know that he wasn't perfect, but the place was  a good place under him. I didn't experienced before times I could only compare it to EU ( same timeframe)

• Thanks 1

So.... this thread can be summarized as a bunch of boomers mad discord isn't a constant source of on topic, walls of text discussions? 

Anyways I'm unfortunately permanently muted in there now but the server is great as it's one of the few non Flamu-esque circle jerk communities with regards to World of Warships 

• Haha 2

On 12/25/2023 at 10:42 AM, Andrewbassg said:

Yup. It seems that they like to portray him as....

1*6ESAJ0BfjR5bFlepnas3Aw.jpeg

.....whereupon he is more like....

mjmOJNS.png

except manners....

Cheers! cap_tea.gif

He reminds more of this guy...

image.thumb.png.e3687f19191db653d7e6d07608e7dadc.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

So.... this thread can be summarized as a bunch of boomers mad discord isn't a constant source of on topic, walls of text discussions? 

Anyways I'm unfortunately permanently muted in there now but the server is great as it's one of the few non Flamu-esque circle jerk communities with regards to World of Warships 

Everyone take another shot!

Merry Boxing Day everyone.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

I'm sorry for you man,  for being muted, but your post made me really LMAO...

5 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Everyone take another shot!

Merry Boxing Day everyone.

I think, he is referencing him more like in the context of the manners on Discord, rather than the actual points he is making....

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

He reminds more of this guy...

image.thumb.png.e3687f19191db653d7e6d07608e7dadc.png

I think I'm getting your point, but to me ( if he is who I think he is) is more the current  iteration. I mean... I know that he has prior history, but I'm a bit ignorant about it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

I know that he has prior history, but I'm a bit ignorant about it.

He was characterized by sensationalist coverage 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrewbassg said:

I think, he is referencing him more like in the context of the manners on Discord, rather than the actual points he is making....

Edited 1 hour

Eh...

It's just an excuse to drink. It's to remind us that this game is for fun...it's not serious to us, not a matter of money making, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1