WG discord.

3LUE

45 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

whenever I talk to someone about "pen" it's gun penetration and if we're talking about the calibre needed to get past different armour plates it's called overmatch.

No, overmatch is assured penetration.  No checking angles and energy -- the shell is big enough to punch right through.  Smaller shells go through several calculations to determine whether or not they penetrate.

It's an arcane topic that I don't understand all that well myself.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

No, overmatch is assured penetration.  No checking angles and energy -- the shell is big enough to punch right through.  Smaller shells go through several calculations to determine whether or not they penetrate.

Smaller shells go through penetration calculations yes and bigger shells automatically penetrate armour they can overmatch yes I know.

46 minutes ago, Beleaf said:

Hard to differentiate between a new player versus someone who is just bad

When someone asks a question, it shouldn't matter.  Answer the question. 

But yeah. sometimes complaining about something is because they don't understand it.  "Git gud" is rarely the answer.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, 3LUE said:

Anyone else notice that WG discord general chat is like a club and if you are not member they ignore you. I find it funny that WG thought going to discord was a good idea. 

I don't frequent discord, but even the old forum required membership for participation.

Edited by Crokodone

3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Amazing that they think we are a threat to them.

It's not so much a threat but to reaffirm they want the old forum format and most of it's followers to cease and desist; they did shut it down after all. The attempted forum necromancy most would take that as being disrespectful at best, megalomanic at worse. They don't wanna converse or entertain certain people.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

G volunteers are encouraged to insult and belittle those who don't conform to the company line. This toxic and against the rules behavior is allowed by WGs 'moderation' staff.

Lol were do you get your inside info from you have documents from WG or something . I cant tell you how silly this sounds and I have been on discord and have not experinced anything close to this. Maybe when people are acting like total idiots which is all the time they get in trouble. But I have never seen someone who disagreed in a cival maner get bullied or belittled by WG the staff or moderators for having a differnt opinon thats simply not true.

Edited by clammboy
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Lol were do you get your inside info from you have documents from WG or something . I cant tell you how silly this sounds and I have been on discord and have not experinced anything close to this. Maybe when people are acting like total idiots which is all the time they get in trouble. But I have never seen someone who disagreed in a cival maner get bullied or belittled by WG the staff or moderators for having a differnt opinon thats simply not true.

I think it is not WG staff or moderators doing it. It is the fact that they let others do it for them. I have seen new people come in there and ask questions, and they are either ignored or belittled by the people using Discord, and nothing is done. Also, if you say something that does not tow the WG line, they jump on you like rabbit dogs. I have seen people try and post links to this forum, and for some reason they get deleted. WG's forums were not perfect, but they sure ripped them down without much warning

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, SeaQuest said:

I think it is not WG staff or moderators doing it. It is the fact that they let others do it for them. I have seen new people come in there and ask questions, and they are either ignored or belittled by the people using Discord, and nothing is done. Also, if you say something that does not tow the WG line, they jump on you like rabbit dogs. I have seen people try and post links to this forum, and for some reason they get deleted. WG's forums were not perfect, but they sure ripped them down without much warning

WG simply didint like their past BS to be ina a nice searchable format, theys still dont, thats why they like "Discord forums" as everything older then couple of weeks will be oblivion if even accessible

Edited by Yedwy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Knew the WG Discord was going to be a shipshow. Haven't seen anything to change that opinion... I only wish I'd found this place a couple months sooner. Haven't once regretted ignoring the official Discord, though. Yeeeeikes. There's tone-deaf, and then there's tone-deaf... and then there's WG.

• Like 2

Even this place isn't without its own circle jerking.

Haven't been to WG discord, but it sounds like the behavior there is just more openly hostile.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Well depending on the problem maybe he was really just bad, that's just the honest truth to be honest.

I suppose on WG Discord that would count for a constructive approach...

2 hours ago, Wrath_of_Deadguy said:

Knew the WG Discord was going to be a shipshow. Haven't seen anything to change that opinion... I only wish I'd found this place a couple months sooner. Haven't once regretted ignoring the official Discord, though. Yeeeeikes. There's tone-deaf, and then there's tone-deaf... and then there's WG.

Yes, it's a more than a step down from the old official WoWS forum. Well, it's like crashing from the top floor to the basement, to be honest...

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Crokodone said:

It's not so much a threat but to reaffirm they want the old forum format and most of it's followers to cease and desist; they did shut it down after all. The attempted forum necromancy most would take that as being disrespectful at best, megalomanic at worse. They don't wanna converse or entertain certain people.

Since none of us are on WGs payroll, it doesn't matter what WG wants. They are not the boss of us.

It's hilarious if this is indeed their position, as it means WG have a fundamental misunderstanding of what social media actually is and does.

7 hours ago, clammboy said:

My inside info is the experiences I had on Discord itself.

Your attempt at gaslighting here is laughable. I don't care how you think it sounds, I was there...I remember.

And I said WG volunteers, so if you are going to throw around accusations....don't strawman.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Imagine typing more than 2 or 3 lines on Discord... Communication reduced to a couple sentences, a single intrascendent idea. It's evolution baby. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, iDuckman said:

** However subjective the concept of support is...

Lol this is the key to your post I love it.

15 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

WG volunteers are encouraged to insult and belittle those who don't conform to the company line.

Your the one who posted this which means it is WG employees causing the problem by instructing volunteers and then when I quoted you on this you post this

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

And I said WG volunteers, so if you are going to throw around accusations....don't strawman.

Don't know who's gas lighting who but you left out half your quote .

Edited by clammboy
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Yedwy said:

WG simply didint like their past BS to be ina a nice searchable format, theys still dont, thats why they like "Discord forums" as everything older then couple of weeks will be oblivion if even accessible

This right here - I suspect - hits the nail on the head.

It's a perennial potential problem for any firm that runs a forum: when you do something ill-advised, there is a focal point for the inevitable negativity (and it's easily found via Google etc. if enough people are using the forum in question). Of course, the reverse is also true when you do something positive.

Presumably, the decision over maintaining a forum comes down to whether or not you believe your firm mostly does positive or negative things.

Perhaps WG have a bit more self-awareness than we might think?

Of course, the problem here for WG is that at least a sub-set of their customer base much prefer forums, hence DevStrike; bonus shooting-yourself-in-the-foot points for WG as they have zero control here, whereas they had plenty on the OG fora...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The more people are in a channel talking, the harder it is to back read. Generally people do not back read, and if they do, they are probably just skimming for people they know talking.

Game-discussion is completely useless if you're looking for a discussion about anything.

The forums are slightly more useful, but when the thread gets long, old comments are buried in the way Discord buries them. See rules on back reading for that.

Discord is okay for what it is, but it's definitely a terrible forum replacement. But for WG, they benefit by reducing costs, and obfuscating their game further by destroying old threads and burying new ones in third party software.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

My inside info is the experiences I had on Discord itself.

Your attempt at gaslighting here is laughable. I don't care how you think it sounds, I was there...I remember.

Your just so far out in left field it would take a tractor to pull you back. 
I don’t know what you posted over there, but if it’s anything like you post here, I can understand why you’d think that. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Bored 1

8 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I suppose on WG Discord that would count for a constructive approach...

Well if they're complaining about something that we know isn't broken at all. Saying it's completely game breaking and needs to be removed/changed we know that they're not a good player and it is in-fact their own fault for not trying to get better and learn how to counter it.

• Confused 1