WG discord.

3LUE

2 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

There is never an excuse for trolling or insults

Yes there is

• Haha 1
  • Bored 3

1 minute ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Well depending on the problem maybe he was really just bad, that's just the honest truth to be honest.

He was asking about armor pen.

1 minute ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Armour pen? Do you mean gun pen?

He was asking what armor pen values meant. The guy only had 24 games played and was asking a question.

Edited by 3LUE
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Armor pen values?

He should of asked what is overpen, but he was new and did not know. That is not how you should treat new players who are asking things they need help on.

Edited by 3LUE
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 3LUE said:

He should of asked what is overpen, but he was new and did not know. 

Gonna be honest I also have no idea what in the world you mean

• Sad 3

Just now, BOBTHEBALL said:

Gonna be honest I also have no idea what in the world you mean

I will explain. What is the gun pen you need to overcome the armor you are trying to pen. So armor pen value would be what is needed to say over come 32 armor and such. 

Just now, 3LUE said:

I will explain. What is the gun pen you need to overcome the armor you are trying to pen. So armor pen value would be what is needed to say over come 32 armor and such. 

OHHH you mean overmatch

Just now, 3LUE said:

Many call it pen not overmatch. Depends on who you talk to.

Nope it's called overmatch, pen is basically always talked about when you're talking about gun penetration.

1 minute ago, 3LUE said:

Many call it pen not overmatch. Depends on who you talk to.

I wonder how often the phenomena of "lost in translation" affects communication?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, BOBTHEBALL said:

Nope it's called overmatch, pen is basically always talked about when you're talking about gun penetration.

I am not going to argue this with you. I was just pointing out something and you are being just like those folks on discord I was talking about. 

• Like 4

Hard to differentiate between a new player versus someone who is just bad as Bob put it. Like how many times have you heard someone wail about DD torpedoes, only to find out they have a 1000 battles under their belt

Edited by Beleaf
  • Confused 1
  • Bored 1

Just now, 3LUE said:

I am not going to argue this with you. I was just pointing out something and you are being just like those folks on discord I was talking about. 

Sorry you feel that way, just mentioning how whenever I talk to someone about "pen" it's gun penetration and if we're talking about the calibre needed to get past different armour plates it's called overmatch.

Just now, Beleaf said:

Hard to differentiate between a new player and someone who is bad as Bob put it. Like how many times have you heard someone wail about DD torpedoes, only to find out they have a 1000 battles under their belt

So true

3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Discrud 'threads' are supposed to be like Topics here.  But AFAICT most users just ignore them and respond directly to the most recent messages.  On my team server we've dabbled with threads and found them useless.

One thing that does baffle me, though, is that WG has filtered links to Devstrike.net from its streams.  You'd think if they didn't want to support a forum, they at least wouldn't object to someone else doing so.  The purpose here is to support WeeGee's game, after all. **

** However subjective the concept of support is...

Maybe, there is a word they are afraid of?  Discovery.    Or, maybe they only want to hear the sound of their own voice? 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Beleaf said:

Hard to differentiate between a new player versus someone who is just bad as Bob put it. Like how many times have you heard someone wail about DD torpedoes, only to find out they have a 1000 battles under their belt

Then maybe take the time to ask them how long they have been playing before you treat them like that. Also you don't know what country they are from and they may not be great at English. 

Edited by 3LUE
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 3LUE said:

Then maybe take the time to ask them how long they have been playing before you treat them like that. Also you don't know what country they are from and they may not be great at English. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't justify trolling but I can understand why the average WoWs player would roll their eyes upon hearing stupid comments.

Give people the benefit of the doubt. Explain it as though they are new, and if they don't listen or get defensive, just move on.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Beleaf said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't justify trolling but I can understand why the average WoWs player would roll their eyes upon hearing stupid comments.

Give people the benefit of the doubt. Explain it as though they are new, and if they don't listen or get defensive, just move on.

That's what I do tbh so true

41 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Very ironic coming from you 

I never said I was perfect...

I just consider that if I have to resort to trolling and being a jerk, then I have failed.

29 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Sigh.

It is ALSO commonly called penetration values, or pen. But, since you are insisting that only the words your clique uses are appropriate, you end up being a jerk and driving new players away.

See? The lack of skill to read, understand, and respond appropriately ended up resulting in a subpar response to the guy on Discord.

I enjoy playing War in the Pacific, Admiral's Edition, which is a very complicated hardcore strategic simulation of the war in the pacific from world war 2.

There is one very helpful poster, who will respond to threads of after action reports with helpful tidbits of information, EVEN IF HE THINKS THE AUTHOR ALREADY KNOWS THE INFO...just so that new players will be able to see and understand the issue being discussed.

He does it in such a nice, professional way...that he draws people in and everybody enjoys the content.

26 minutes ago, Beleaf said:

In reality, we should just always respond as though the person is new and if subsequent posts show the person doesn't want to learn...then just ignoring or repeating of the initial information should be sufficient.

We win nothing by being mean or a jerk...all we do by trolling is harm the community in order to feel superior. It isn't worth it.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, SureBridge said:

It's more likely that they have a filter to just strip out URL's, which would certainly make sense to avoid bot spamming. the URL (http://devstrike.net) is filtered, devstrike (the string of characters) is not. 

No.  I don't have a problem posting other links. 

• Like 1