WG discord.

3LUE

Anyone else notice that WG discord general chat is like a club and if you are not member they ignore you. I find it funny that WG thought going to discord was a good idea. 

• Like 6

Discord reminds me of a high school lunch room, whereas these forums are more like a community pot luck supper.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, 3LUE said:

Anyone else notice that WG discord general chat is like a club and if you are not member they ignore you. I find it funny that WG thought going to discord was a good idea. 

It's a high school clique.

If you provide constructive criticism, they will move from ignoring to outright trolling of you.

WG volunteers are encouraged to insult and belittle those who don't conform to the company line. This toxic and against the rules behavior is allowed by WGs 'moderation' staff.

Don't give that place your time. It's far better here.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

Its by design not conducive to sustained conversation. I think that was very amenable to WG. 

This is much better. 

• Like 3

Discrud 'threads' are supposed to be like Topics here.  But AFAICT most users just ignore them and respond directly to the most recent messages.  On my team server we've dabbled with threads and found them useless.

One thing that does baffle me, though, is that WG has filtered links to Devstrike.net from its streams.  You'd think if they didn't want to support a forum, they at least wouldn't object to someone else doing so.  The purpose here is to support WeeGee's game, after all. **

** However subjective the concept of support is...

Edited by iDuckman
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

You'd think if they didn't want to support a forum, they at least woudln't object to someone else doing so.  The purpose here is to support WeeGee's game, after all.

It kind of goes along with the "support" they gave to their own CCs.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

One thing that does baffle me, though, is that WG has filtered mention of Devstrike on its streams.  You'd think if they didn't want to support a forum, they at least woudln't object to someone else doing so.  The purpose here is to support WeeGee's game, after all. **

If they remove mention of “devstrike.net” they might be filtering all website mentions in general. If they remove “devstrike” alone then it is a statement, isn’t it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

No, I'm a VIP.  I can post any link that's not filtered.  Not sure about the word 'devstrike'.

I just tried it.  "devstrike" is not filtered.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 3LUE said:

I haven't noticed that.  But I suppose I'd have to go there to notice anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think they filter out links to devstrike.net unless posted in the thread that is about this forum. 

Otherwise I found that mentions are not filtered, but its been awhile since I have made any. 

3 hours ago, 3LUE said:

Yes, have had it happen and it is annoying. 

1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Discrud 'threads' are supposed to be like Topics here.  But AFAICT most users just ignore them and respond directly to the most recent messages.  On my team server we've dabbled with threads and found them useless.

One thing that does baffle me, though, is that WG has filtered mention of Devstrike on its streams.  You'd think if they didn't want to support a forum, they at least woudln't object to someone else doing so.  The purpose here is to support WeeGee's game, after all. **

** However subjective the concept of support is...

Brought up Devstrike on the WG discord once and a few there told me it was a bad idea to bring it up. 

@iDuckman thank you. Neither could i (post a link) but if you had the privilege to do so otherwise, then what they’re doing is unfair to their own community. And asking for a reaction.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SeaQuest said:

Brought up Devstrike on the WG discord once and a few there told me it was a bad idea to bring it up. 

LOL

Could you tell us who thought it was a bad idea?

Amazing that they think we are a threat to them.

What a bunch of incompetent community managers...

It could be leveraged in a whole bunch of positive ways...but no, some leader's ego is more important.

LOL

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

@iDuckmanGood to know. So WG wows actively filters out devstrike.net. You are sure of this? 

It's more likely that they have a filter to just strip out URL's, which would certainly make sense to avoid bot spamming. the URL (http://devstrike.net) is filtered, devstrike (the string of characters) is not. 

• Like 1

Think people are judging the WoWs Discord solely by general discussion, which yes, is kind of a circle jerk at times.

The rest is okay

1 minute ago, SureBridge said:

It's more likely that they have a filter to just strip out URL's, which would certainly make sense to avoid bot spamming

That doesn’t explain @iDuckman’s inability to post it with his VIP status. 

3 minutes ago, Beleaf said:

Think people are judging the WoWs Discord solely by general discussion, which yes, is kind of a circle jerk at times.

The rest is okay

I find it all ok, just don't come in with opinions so bad that it's laughable.

4 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

I can think of someone here with a huge chip on his shoulders regarding DDs and HE

Just now, Beleaf said:

I can think of someone here with a huge chip on his shoulders regarding DDs and HE

Heh well the response they got was deserved.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

There is never an excuse for trolling or insults.

It is completely possible to respond professionally even to absurd forum posts and positions.

It is telling that WG refuses to actually police their own volunteers and actively engages in maintaining such a toxic community rule set.

• Like 2

I tried to get into a conversation they were having, but I was totally ignored and left. I went back a few hours later and got the same treatment. Another guy came in when I was there and brought up a problem he was having, and they treated him like garbage and told him he was just bad. I just found WG Discord to be rude and not a place I would want to go back to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, 3LUE said:

I tried to get into a conversation they were having, but I was totally ignored and left. I went back a few hours later and got the same treatment. Another guy came in when I was there and brought up a problem he was having, and they treated him like garbage and told him he was just bad. I just found WG Discord to be rude and not a place I would want to go back to.

Well depending on the problem maybe he was really just bad, that's just the honest truth to be honest.

• Confused 2