What was your favorite tv showing growing up as a kid ?

MysticalWar

Star Lost.  1973-74

image.png.a220ccb2f10f9a30c6beb0d72f7c4024.png

Low budget, all sorts of people you'll see later in movies and tv shows. 

Which, was a knockoff of Silent Running - another favorite

image.thumb.png.40bd0508f6f4a8a4fe100b9f54fd6e8d.png

A great concept for a SF series.

• Like 2

As a kid in the early 60s, I can remember we'd all gather around our TV and watch Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color on our black-and-white TV. I wasn't all that interested in that show but after it was over Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom came on.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 2

I had so many "favorite" television shows.  🙂 

From "Saturday Morning Cartoons" to situation-comedies such as Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy, to weekday afternoon shows like "Banana Splits" and "Star Blazers" (a.k.a. an edited version of Uchuu Senkan Yamato), to Batman the 1960's television series, to Star Trek, to Battlestar Galactica (the 1970's version), to The Rat Patrol and The Black Sheep Squadron, to Buck Rogers in the 25th. Century, to Magnum P.I., to Scooby-Doo, The Barbapapas, the Herculoids, The Land of the Lost, The Superfriends, Space Ghost and Johnny Quest and etc.
Also have to echo @Snargfargle's choice of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and Disney's movie of the week.
And I would be remiss if I didn't mention The Love Boat (I was young and had a crush on Captain Stubing's daughter, Vicki, portrayed by Jill Whelan).
Also enjoyed Doctor Who, Airwolf, McHale's Navy, F-Troop, The Underdog Show, Mister Peabody and his boy Sherman, Mister Magoo, Top Cat, Go-Go Gophers, Dudley Dooright, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Commander McBragg, Ghost Chasers, Doctor Shrinker, Captain Marvel / Shazam,  The Secrets of Isis, Electrowoman and Dyna-Girl, The Cosby Show (with Fat Albert), Speed-Racer, Wonderbug, The Krofft Supershow, H.R. Puffinstuff, Sigmund the Sea Monster, The Adams Family, The Munsters, Time Tunnel, Planet of the Apes (the cartoon), Tennesee Tuxedo, Klondike Kat, Spiderman, Wonder Woman, The Greatest American Hero, Bugs Bunny, and ... and ....
I'm probably forgetting to mention a few others.

Good times.  🙂 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 2

Victory at Sea. It was on Sunday afternoons. Ed Sullivan, Sunday evening. Worked after school and Saturdays so I didn’t get to watch much tv. 

• Like 2

I loved Star Trek for the phaser fights

I loved Deep Space Nine as well.

Edited by MysticalWar
  • Like 1