Navigator treasures

Wulf_Ace

Just now, Frostbow said:

It is in every game. That is how they developers and publishers thrive. It is a really big industry. 

this is big industry nowdays.

but before you buy a game and thats it, there are no events, expansions, new things and stuff. you buy the game and enjoy it. but now after you buy the game you need to spend thousands of dollars more.

they can work with less people and make good games, look at just people with private WoWs servers. or some other games where only few people work on it, they dont have to have 5000 empoyers to bring us what? submarines that nobody wanted and they brought it just to make more money.hah..

24 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

he simply defends WG. 

Please don't put such labels. He has an opinion. It's not like anything we do is attacking or defending anyone. What is said on this forum isn't impacting WG positively or negatively. You don't have to agree with him. Don't ascribe an agenda on other users. 

If you feel like a user is trying to much to force their beliefs on you contact a moderator.

33 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

this is big industry nowdays.

but before you buy a game and thats it, there are no events, expansions, new things and stuff. you buy the game and enjoy it. but now after you buy the game you need to spend thousands of dollars more.

The industry will only keep growing because of that profit model, which is highly effective for most games. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZeuSueZ1337 said:

Slight OT - but on the same general topic.

I have the "Around the world"-flag....but I can purchase it again? Wierd. Anyone else that has some of the l00t, that seems to be available to re-purchase for them?

What 'Around the world' flag?

3 hours ago, ZeuSueZ1337 said:

Slight OT - but on the same general topic.

I have the "Around the world"-flag....but I can purchase it again? Wierd. Anyone else that has some of the l00t, that seems to be available to re-purchase for them?

I have it but it is grayed out like they do when you already have it plus it indicates I have it. If I click on it to buy it, it tells me I already have it and that it isn't available.

6 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

What 'Around the world' flag?

Armory>>Navigator Treasures Tab

1.thumb.jpg.203e6b755e0719b6c3597602c9ddf93d.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just now, Efros said:

This event is a non-event, I'll be cashing in the tokens for silver.

I'll just go back to me operations.

My reply simply vanished when I attempted to copy it !  Yikes.

This event is a hard PASS for many.   The rewards do not warrant involvement. 

47 minutes ago, Asym said:

This event is a hard PASS for many.   The rewards do not warrant involvement. 

Agree.

1 hour ago, Efros said:

get first two bundles, signals are worth it

2 hours ago, Efros said:

I will use whatever tokens I get by just playing on whatever seems like the best use of them. Not going to kill myself to complete any of the tasks though. This is not a player friendly event from a reward perspective.

It also makes me LOL the way WG continues to use camos (perma or one time use) as rewards as if nothing happened. Wish they would remember they made camos totally useless in the economic rework so they aren't worth squat to us (or worth the massive Doubloon costs for the permas unless it is the 1st for the ship so like 200) outside of selling for credits. I really LOL when I see a mission task reward of ONE single use camo or like with this Navigator thing a perma camo being used as a "valuable" reward. I mean what??? LOLOLOL... 🤣

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

get first two bundles, signals are worth it

Only if you use them, I got hundreds of them.

8 hours ago, iDuckman said:

"(...)but the answer is irrelevant.  Having two means nothing."

If nothing else - please read my post again, and adresse the issue if you have something to add. Something usefull that is, the above comment is not in any way helpfull.

A few events ago (The Pirates? Brisbane? I can't remember....) I was awarded the afromentioned flag "Around the world" and probably along with many others. Now WG are running a catchup-event where this specific flag, and others, are offered for the event tokens one can earn. And so it appears that I can purchase a flag I already have in my inventory. This seems odd.

I'm well aware the WG on a yearly basis are running events where flags are awarded over and over, and I you already have them in your inventory they don't get added again. I'm simply asking if others can re-purchase a flag they have already been awarded? Or other flags, patches, etc. for that matter?

(I'll add the screengrabs in a different post if-need-be)

Slide1.thumb.JPG.ba90f0e4d2d241744adb34b1aad35afd.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The interesting thing here is, why do some of us like @ZeuSueZ1337 and me have the 'Around the world' special flag shown as purchasable and the 'Scarlet Rose' is greyed out for purchase. Yet, we have the both flags in our inventory...

• Like 1

I just ground out for the free camo for the La Fantasque and intend to forget about the rest of it. I don't plan on gambling to just get some cosmetic flags.

wg can have as many sales as it likes, but it is up to the individual as to where or what they want to spend their entertainment dollar.

STO does the very same thing as wg, and I have seen hundreds of dollars spent on just building one ship.

Whilst we may be seeing more and more sales now than we have previously, this could be due to many reasons, maybe many  players walked away when subs where introduced?

4 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

The interesting thing here is, why do some of us like @ZeuSueZ1337 and me have the 'Around the world' special flag shown as purchasable and the 'Scarlet Rose' is greyed out for purchase. Yet, we have the both flags in our inventory...

Me too, it seems:

image.thumb.png.2a480ef56597a8627b0d9db423b09491.png

and:

image.thumb.png.1d160bc1f3ee7323ceff28b6a1d6ba2c.png

Remember, kids: don't drink and code...!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Me too, it seems:

image.thumb.png.2a480ef56597a8627b0d9db423b09491.png

and:

image.thumb.png.1d160bc1f3ee7323ceff28b6a1d6ba2c.png

Remember, kids: don't drink and code...!

To uqasi quote my buddy from high school (prob not his invention) "Dont drink and drive code take drugs and fly" 🤪

• Haha 2

I don't have 15 tokens to spend on a flag, I don't have 15 tokens, period, nor am I likely to have that much. What I assume is going to happen if I were to make the purchase with 15 tokens, the game would take my 15 tokens and give me nothing in return. All sales are final! 🤑

Well, due to a bit of luck* with bundles, I now seem to have Numancia; I'm sure there must be some sensible reviews out there by now, but in the meantime:

• Only played mine in Coop, but she seems perfectly serviceable for that.
  • In most respects, she appears to be an entirely non-essential cruiser without a heal.
  • Weird gun arrangement (KM cruiser players will be familiar) means charging straight towards the foe reduces the amount of fire you can direct at said foe.
  • She is pretty sneaky though: 8.4 km, so a competent player could probably do good things with her?

TL;DR - absolutely non-essential, and you'll probably have her fall out of a Satan box at Christmas (along with Cheshire, if you've *really* offended the Mockers Gods)...

*'Luck' doing some heavy lifting there...

FWIW: Now the flag is marked as "item(s) obtained"

So somewhere in the Matr.....I mean WG server a glitch has been fixed. I persume.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ZeuSueZ1337 said:

If nothing else - please read my post again, and adresse the issue if you have something to add. Something usefull that is, the above comment is not in any way helpfull.

If I didn't address your issue it's because you didn't state it well.  From your later posts, I find that I did understand it.  "Can one acquire it twice?"  My answer had two parts, the first to the literal question was, I don't know.  Now you do.

The answer to the implied question is what you quoted.  If you weren't interested in that question, just move on.  And try not to be a dick.

2 hours ago, ZeuSueZ1337 said:

FWIW: Now the flag is marked as "item(s) obtained"

So somewhere in the Matr.....I mean WG server a glitch has been fixed. I persume.

It seems probable that this was some EU only glitch/bug.